Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Bug: automation on removed FX mutes audio

Oli Griffiths 2:42 AM - 23 October, 2019
Hi

I had automation to turn on/off the fx on a deck for a specific scene. Later I removed the fx entirely somewhere else I was working on the track.

I went back to the scene with the automation and played it, but my deck was muted, no audio came out until the last measure. I scratched my head for a good 30 minutes trying to find out what was causing it, I knew it had to be some automation but I couldn't for the life of me find it because FX3 automation is listed before all the FX2 settings, for which I had Serum FX on FX 2 so the fx2 automation list was super long.

Once I found it, it seems that if the FX is automated on, but there is nothing assigned to the FX then no audio comes out, I guess it's being routed to nowhere, and with the FX automated to off, the audio comes back out.

I don't know if the automation should or shouldn't persist if an FX is changed, but it certainly shouldn't affect the audio if there is no FX assigned.

Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 10:20 PM - 23 October, 2019
We'll take a look at this too. Thanks for reporting!