Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Please Add an AutoMix or AutoCrossfade Feature

DJ Jomz 3:46 AM - 1 October, 2019
It would be awesome if there an automix feature with Serato that has the ability for the program to autocrossfade from one song to the next.

I recently did my first gig for my girlfriend's bday party, using serato and NS7III. And while the program works well for me to spin while behind the computer, when I needed to walk away and mingle with my girlfriend and her family and friends, I couldn't use the serato 'autoplay' feature. The break between songs sounded awful as I was practicing my set in the days leading up to the party.

So you know what I had to do? I had export the mp3 files from the serato crate, and create a local spotify playlist, and allow spotify to autocrossfade from one song to the next, so that I could leave the computer station and let the music play seamlessly from one song to the next. Why is it that such a cool software such as serato DJ doesn't allow the dj to set up the crate/playlist, and then if the dj so wants, to autocrossfade for him/her? To me, it’s a shame that your otherwise cool software lacks this feature, a feature that Traktor, Rekordbox, VirtualDJ, DJay Pro iTunes, and even Spotify has...

Please Serato, can you update your software to support automixing or autocrossfading? I know there's a debate as to whether it's real dj-ing if the software autocrossfades, but part of the challenge of being a dj is setting up the crate/playlist in the right order, and then rocking the crowd. If I spent hours constructing my playlists, why is it that Serato cannot autocrossfade for those periods of time when I can't stand behind the computer for the whole set? It’s rather sad. If I was working for you guys, I'd implement this feature for free. Please Serato, seriously, PLEASE, can you add an automix feature to your software suite? It would be greatly appreciated.
NukeBox 12:29 PM - 2 October, 2019
As a sometime lurker on this forum i've seen this feature asked quite often. One time there was even a reply that it shouldn't be included, cuz, ya know, "not for true dj's". Well, as a mobile dj i say: this is just major QoL feature in that field. And no, it wont carry you through dance hours, but for cocktail/reception it's the thing that doctor ordered. For sure you could use spotify/aimp/itunes for that, i even got aux on my controller specifically for this. But for real, such a simple feature won't make your software "less pro" Please add this.
Raef 8:40 AM - 7 October, 2019
+1.

What's funny about this thread is that they already have great software that does this (Serato Pyro), they just need to implement the app functionality into their DJ software.
RevHed 7:37 AM - 10 October, 2019
+1
PsYAuM 3:00 PM - 5 December, 2019
+2
It definitely has it's advantages.
For me it is less of the mundane and more time to be creative.
DJ Valeryx 9:48 PM - 6 December, 2019
This feature is required if I mix alone at longer gigs or as mobile DJ.
So please add it!
AKIEM 9:59 PM - 10 December, 2019
lmao
JBF 11:46 AM - 24 December, 2019
Had this already in an old (>15 years) DJ program. Still miss it as hell. Even use that old player still just for that for reasons many above listed.
A simple Automix ON/OFF feature with a configurable (or more correct a selectable) "overlap time" (e.g 1-20 seconds) would already help alot. The next track should autoload in the next player (1 or 2) and start playing at the configured overlap time. An auto crossfade during this time would enhance the experience I looks like a not to hard extension to the current Autoplay feature in SDJP wich plays track after track from the selected Crate but in a single player. Introduce the autoload in the not playing player, apply the automix time to control the start and the crossfade. Free the player at the end of track and preload the next from the list … etc...
Maybe not to hard to get that done and get us that feature in a reasonable time...
Res-Q 2:58 PM - 24 December, 2019
Quote:
+1.

What's funny about this thread is that they already have great software that does this (Serato Pyro), they just need to implement the app functionality into their DJ software.

THIS !!!!!
MR DJ CPT 9:00 AM - 25 December, 2019
If you are a club Dj and play 1 hour sets at 2 or 3 different clubs a night, yes Automix is NOT for you, as a mobile dj doing ( weddings biker events and so no ) it is impossible to stand behind the Dj box and mix for 10 hour plus, so thats when automix come in,also this is the time for me to play songs that I will not be playing later in my mix's , so my question to Serato team is VDJ 2020 looks a lot like Serato Pro in some setting ,why can you just copy there automix . Remember there is a ON/OFF button don't like it don't use it
HESCHY 8:55 PM - 27 December, 2019
+1

This feature would make life easier for a mobile DJ...
DJVertigo 11:06 PM - 28 December, 2019
+1 almost essential for weddings.
Despo 4:56 PM - 29 December, 2019
I'm all for a simple auto crossfade, however I'm against implementing pyro into sdj. Pyro is powerful software, but think of all the cats who will abuse that feature and fake it. If you thought sync was bad, imagine being undercut by a dj using pyro exclusively In sdj, 1 button automixing all night
Despo 4:58 PM - 29 December, 2019
Pyro is mixing better than some djs that I know..
Res-Q 5:51 PM - 29 December, 2019
Pyro will not replace a real dj with reading and selection skills. Don’t be afraid.
If a guy wanna fake he can load a premix in serato too. He can also plug his pyro in line in and fake it too.
Dont be afraid of Pyro and automix. Its a tool when we wanna go take a dump or when we have to play music during cocktail hour that’s it.
MR DJ CPT 6:20 AM - 30 December, 2019
Why is Serato making a big thing out of automix ,and taking forever to implement it, Rekordbox started in 2015 ( I think ) and they have it and you don't here the Rekordbox user saying , thats on real Djing . It is simple don't like don't use it
frobernal 10:25 PM - 24 January, 2020
+ 1 "overlap time" (e.g 1-20 seconds)" that right there? Would be worth its weight in gold.
Steveo 2:00 PM - 16 April, 2021
An auto-mix', or crossfade for autoplay would be a great feature! I've used Serato since Itch and the Vestax VCI-300 and always wished I can autoplay a crate during Setup, Cocktail or Dinner right in Serato.