Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Files showing corrupt when they are good files

DJ Sir Charles 1:52 AM - 18 September, 2019
I Re analyze them one by one and it clears the lighting bolt and they play fine. Every time I reopen Serato they re appear corrupted and the cue marks have been erased. Out of 30k files it is about a hundred but keeps slowly getting larger over the past year. Started out as like 8 files. They are from dj sites but mostly they are downloads from itunes. I have the latest dj pro and a macbook pro 2015 running Mojave 10-14.5 Any help would be much appreciated. I've used Serato since 2005 and I have never had this problem
Ian Williams 10:39 AM - 18 September, 2019
I have a similar situation.... a small number of files that show as corrupt every time I launch Serato. They analyse & play just fine, but they're all back as corrupt next time I launch the app.

I'm also fairly sure they're all AAC's, & as a result of this I now make sure all new files are mp3 or wav.

I've no idea what's going on, but it's definitely linked to the AAC/m4a audio format.
popnwave 2:42 PM - 18 September, 2019
Easiest way to fix this is using a program to redo the file container, it might clear your tags but it won't recompress or mess with the audio in any way.

I had to do it in the past with some of my MP4 videos (literally less than 100 out of 20,000) and they have been fine since.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 5:09 PM - 18 September, 2019
@popnwave What program were you using to fix MP4 containers?
popnwave 6:16 PM - 18 September, 2019
Quote:
@popnwave What program were you using to fix MP4 containers?

ffmpeg + a front end called ff-Works I paid $20 for.. they are constantly updating the UI, which allows you to just rebuild the MP4 container and pass thru the audio/video untouched. I used to use MPEG StreamClip but that has pretty much been abandoned and I haven't had any luck getting it to work post Yosemite.

imgur.com

Have -not- tried this with just audio myself but it has presets for all of the normal formats (for the original poster):

imgur.com
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 9:21 PM - 18 September, 2019
Thanks PopNWave. I'll buy FF-works and give it a go. I used to use Mpeg Streamclip as well. Too bad they stopped developing it.
DJ Tracy G. 3:51 PM - 19 September, 2019
Chances are your songs are tagged as APE2.0 instead of ID3 tags.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:04 PM - 19 September, 2019
You can also use Kid3 (freeware) to retag