Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Scene Volume Settings in Drum Kits

DJ KNOCK LV 11:53 PM - 16 September, 2019
Is it possible to give your snares, hi hats, in a drum kit difference volume setting per scene?

Every time I change the volume level on the claps or snares in my drum kit on the 1st scene, (if I have that sound on scene 2, 3 and so on) it changes the volume for the claps across all scenes. Wish I can just adjust the volume for the scene I'm on, instead applying the volume adjustment across to all scenes.
Aksar 10:23 AM - 17 September, 2019
I want to drive ATH-M40x and Eltax Monitor 1. The impedance of ATH-M40x is 35 ohm, and its sensitivity is 98dB. It's not difficult to drive.

Ideally, I want to be able to switch between headphones and speakers by pressing a keyboard shortcut. I currently do this by flipping the mute switches for headphone volume and speaker volume on my computer. There are a few ways to achieve this.

Connecting a speaker amp to the line-out of a headphone amp/DAC combo that exposes the mute switches for headphones and speakers to computer.

If I had a headphone DAC amp and a speaker DAC amp, I would have two mute switches that my computer can control.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 9:31 PM - 17 September, 2019
Hi DJ KNOCK LV,

You are right, adjusting the volume of the hit changes it for all scenes, that is effectively setting the "default" volume of the hit. If you want to change the volume per scene you can use the Automation feature, which is the little robot in the top right hand side of the interface, above the deck list.

To use this,
- enable the robot, you will see some purple lines over top of your drum sequencer.
- Now click on the hit you want to automate, e.g. claps or snare.
- Now make sure that volume is selected from the dropdown at the the top, if it's not you can either select from the drop down or click on the UI element (e.g. volume slider)
- Now "paint in" the new volume using the bars, you can create variations over time and you can do different levels on different scenes.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Phil
Aksar 11:38 AM - 18 September, 2019
Quote:
I want to drive ATH-M40x and Eltax Monitor 1. The impedance of ATH-M40x is 35 ohm, and its sensitivity is 98dB. It's not difficult to drive.

Ideally, I want to be able to switch between headphones and speakers by pressing a keyboard shortcut. I currently do this by flipping the mute switches for headphone volume and speaker volume on my computer. There are a few ways to achieve this.
mconvert.net

Connecting a speaker amp to the line-out of a headphone amp/DAC combo that exposes the mute switches for headphones and speakers to computer.

If I had a headphone DAC amp and a speaker DAC amp, I would have two mute switches that my computer can control.

Thank you my issue has been solved,...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Phil C 9:01 PM - 18 September, 2019
Quote:
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

Great news Aksar!