Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

prime 4 Bedt controller for the money

Telony Ex 9:25 PM - 25 August, 2019
Since the introduction of the srt 1000, there have been numerous features lacking. Good thing i was never quick to order.

The sx series was ausome. Sx3 came with dual usb which i used once. The on jog display was the same as Cdjs. For the price point it was a clear leader of its time.

The manual big jogs on the srt 1000 is welcomed, but the lack of sdj fx and the limit that is placed on the substitute onboard mixer fx turns it into a dud for now. Not reading sdj bpm correctly and only applied to one chanel at a time. Plus no xfader curve adjust.
The srt 1000 had the potential to be a winner, but the shortcommings compared to its rbdj brother is far too much.

The prime 4 however, with its standalone presense leaves not much to be desired from a controller and price point. Especially since denon have a abit of reducing its price significantly in short order.
What could be desired? Bigger and mechanical jogwheels ofcourse. But we survived with the sx series jog wheels for years, we can survive a few more with the better looking prime 4 jogs. Dual usb to computer in these time could have been an adition but will not be missed if needed, as the other sources of music playback is way plentiful.

I have no reservation in declaring that the denon prime 4 with sdj support comming soon is the clear leader of the new school.

Wifi and LAN capabilities in standalone mode for streaming support is super killer. Sound swich via link support. Denon have simply zeroed the game for now.
I am getting it when the price drops.
Dj KoolBreeze 1:20 AM - 27 August, 2019
+1
577er 2:12 PM - 27 August, 2019
If they came out with a Prime 2 i’d buy it. A truly professional grade 2 channel freestanding all in one controller would wipe the competition out and give pros what they want.
Telony Ex 12:59 AM - 28 August, 2019
They might come with a prime 2. I belueve in the prime though. There us lireraly nothing to ask for
Dj KoolBreeze 11:00 PM - 11 November, 2019
SDJ now supports the prime. best controller now with common improvements to come via firmware updates. like moving wave forms and sdj plus prime 4 mode at once. if possible
PaulT99 7:49 PM - 17 November, 2019
Quote:
They might come with a prime 2. I belueve in the prime though. There us lireraly nothing to ask for

They are, it was shown to a few select DJ's at ADE.
DJMIYAGI 10:21 PM - 18 November, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

They are, it was shown to a few select DJ's at ADE.

They never confirmed a "Prime 2"
It was actually the size of an SC5000/M so no telling