Serato Studio General Discussion

Talk about anything Serato Studio, music production, plugins and supported hardware

Problems adding sound packs, midi cc commands list, and deleting custom crates

Tali 81 5:40 PM - 20 June, 2019
Hello,

I downloaded the sound packs from the website, extracted zip, drag and dropped them into my audio samples folder, and the only one that shows up is 'Just Blaze'. The bottom right said they all downloaded. I restarted STudio, same issue. I also scanned for content in my settings. Still same problem.

Also, I would like a list of the midi cc commands so I can make a custom maschine template.
It's not in the manual.

And there is no option to delete crates. I made a custom crate I want to delete but it won't.
Serato, Support
Dave. 11:46 PM - 20 June, 2019
Hey @Tali 81.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with Serato Studio. We've seen your help request and have just gotten back to you with some steps to try re: the trouble you're having installing the content packs.

Here are those steps again:

1.) Close all Serato applications
2.) Locate the .zip download of one of the content packs e.g. "Dusty Crates"
3.) Double-click to extract the .zip file
4.) Open the resulting folder
5.) Double-click on the .serato-pack file
6.) This will open Serato Studio and start installing the pack. Please note this process may take a few minutes - you'll be able to see the installation progress in the status bar at the bottom of Serato Studio.
7.) Once the pack has installed, you should find all audio samples, drum kits and instruments have been added to Serato Studio.
8.) Repeat these steps for any other content packs you wish to install. Please only install one pack at a time.

With regards to deleting a crate - you can do this by selecting a crate then using the keyboard shortcut [command] + [delete] (Mac) or [ctrl] + [delete] (Windows).

Lastly, we don't have a list of MIDI commands for our software - Serato Studio currently is mapped to a selection of Serato DJ hardware, and works with some default mappings of other MIDI devices. We hope to improve this in the future.

You can find a full list of Serato-compatible hardware here:
support.serato.com

Cheers,
reddark 12:34 AM - 5 July, 2019
hello,
im on win10 i'have execute many time the trap or dusty pack
i see the msg in Serato Studio that the file is extracting then installing.
but nothing at the end
Tali 81 3:19 PM - 5 July, 2019
All fixed. Thank you.
Tali 81 3:23 PM - 5 July, 2019
Quote:
hello,
im on win10 i'have execute many time the trap or dusty pack
i see the msg in Serato Studio that the file is extracting then installing.
but nothing at the end

In the audio samples library, if you use the scroll bar on the bottom, it will have the list of the pack. You can also use the right/left arrow key. You can then manually drag and drop/ rearrange the subjects as you want.
koffeekingston 10:42 AM - 6 July, 2019
After scanning these issues must not there as I have to mend through errorcode0x.com and getting benefit that MIDI also run.
Serato, Support
Dave. 1:25 AM - 9 July, 2019
@Tali 81 - great to hear.
Serato, Support
Dave. 1:32 AM - 9 July, 2019
Hi @reddark,

It is possible that the packs installed without showing a status bar message after installation had completed.

If you have a search of the dusty crates in the *Audio Samples* tab in your Serato Studio library, do samples from this pack show up? You can check whether a sample is from the pack you're looking for by scrolling across in the files view until you see the "Grouping" column, if you see samples listed with the grouping "Dusty Crates" or "Trap World", then the packs have installed correctly.

If you can't find these samples, then please double-check that you have installed the Serato Studio sound packs correctly following the guide here:

support.serato.com

If you have any further trouble, please open a help request - our Support team will be able to assist you in a much faster manner.

We encourage opening a help request as the forum is largely for general discussion with/seeking help from the Serato community

Cheers,
reddark 2:19 AM - 11 July, 2019
Hello @Dave.

I do what you said. I saw grouping trap world and other. so i think it's good for sample.
i see also drums were added.
But i did not understand why a lot of pack drums were organize in many crates.

Sorry for my English and thanks for reply
solved
Peter B. Mussa 3:12 PM - 11 July, 2019
@Dave - These steps worked like a charm. Thank you.
mouse23 8:29 AM - 20 July, 2019
Hello
Im new to serato, i have a very simple questian to ask but i dont seem to be able to find any info on it.
CAN I ADD MY OWN SAPLE PACKS TO STUDIO? or is it just the serato sample packs that i can download use. iv done some reading but they only reffrence their own sample packs i dont think it says anywhere that you can add your own just want to double check before buying some
many thanks
Mouse
S.F.T 12:25 AM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Hello
Im new to serato, i have a very simple questian to ask but i dont seem to be able to find any info on it.
CAN I ADD MY OWN SAPLE PACKS TO STUDIO? or is it just the serato sample packs that i can download use. iv done some reading but they only reffrence their own sample packs i dont think it says anywhere that you can add your own just want to double check before buying some
many thanks
Mouse

I believe you can simply drag your folder of samples in to Serato Studio in order to add your pack. Im not sure how to delete samples and packs though. I made the mistake of dragging the master folder which contained multiple folders of different samples in to Serato Studio thinking it would automatically recreate those folders in Studio but all the samples just ended up in the All Samples folder.
Sir-Delvin 9:28 AM - 6 August, 2019
You can delete sample packs, by holding the command/option key and delete on the keyboard.