Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Waveforms not loading, audio breaking.

NotThatDJTanner 10:12 PM - 17 June, 2019
Serato Video
Numark NS7 III

I'm having an issue where a song may load, and play fine, however, at any point of a song, it's possible that the waveform goes blank and I have no audio for a few seconds as it 'gets caught up'.

It may or may not be related, but I've recently had an issue, where if I minimize Serato while it's running, the audio will also cut out for a second or two.

This all started to happen abruptly, which baffles me. My laptop is used for nothing at all except playing music and going to XMIX/VJ-Pro. You can imagine the anxiety of having a dance floor and knowing that at any given moment, I can have a few seconds of dead silence.
DJ Tecniq 3:49 AM - 18 June, 2019
Windows? Second time I’ve read this from a diff user.
DJ Tecniq 3:52 AM - 18 June, 2019
What are the full specs of your laptop? Be sure to make sure any video files are fully analyzed before playing them.
NotThatDJTanner 9:05 PM - 18 June, 2019
i.picpar.com

I included a screenshot of most of my specs. Yes, it's Windows 8.

I just analyzed all of my files (silly me, I thought that clicking the button made ALL of the files analyze). Maybe it will work, maybe you'll see if my specs are up to standard.
DJ Tecniq 9:31 PM - 18 June, 2019
Quote:
i.picpar.com

I included a screenshot of most of my specs. Yes, it's Windows 8.

I just analyzed all of my files (silly me, I thought that clicking the button made ALL of the files analyze). Maybe it will work, maybe you'll see if my specs are up to standard.
Specs are good try to play the same files again. My guess is it’s because they weren’t analyzed and the waveform was not fully complete when you tried to play the file.
Robbie Britton 2:52 AM - 30 June, 2019
I'm having the same problem.

Older HP i7. Has worked flawlessly for years.

Only happens to video files and happens randomly.

If i reload track it works fine.
Robbie Britton 3:31 AM - 30 June, 2019
Here is a video of my problem...

Watchwww.youtube.com
NotThatDJTanner 12:41 PM - 30 June, 2019
After two weeks worth of gigs, my problem doesn't exist anymore. Dragging and dropping video files into the 'Analyze Files' button fixed my issue.

Robbie, that's exactly the problem I was having. Did you try dragging and dropping all of your files in that button? I use VJ-Pro for videos, so I can't imagine that it has anything to do with Promo Only.
Robbie Britton 1:07 PM - 30 June, 2019
Thanks... I'll give it a try.
Robbie Britton 2:20 PM - 30 June, 2019
Didn't work. :( Same problem
Robbie Britton 2:21 PM - 30 June, 2019
...again works great when i use my external drive.
popnwave 5:46 PM - 1 July, 2019
That's an odd one.