Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Time error song loaded serato offline mode v2.1.2

djmatthew 1:17 AM - 16 June, 2019
What's up people? I tell you the problem, I updated to the latest version of serato 2.1.2 and I found that in offline mode (disconnected hardware) the time of the song that I charge, is NOT displayed (I attached the image). In summary, I went back to the previous version 2.1.1 and with it if time’s displayed. Has anyone else had this issue?.
I hope friends of Serato find the error and solve it for the next update.

Greetings and good mixes!

IMAGE:

www.djmatthew.cl
Serato, Support
Mike.C 11:07 PM - 16 June, 2019
Hey djmatthew, does this happen for all tracks in your library?

If you re-analyse the track or rescan ID3 tags is the problem still there?
djmatthew 11:19 PM - 16 June, 2019
Hey Mike.C with all the songs. I also thought it could be a specific song and I went back to analyze it but it was not solved. By the way, my operating system is macOS High Sierra. 10.13.6.
Mr Wilks 6:08 AM - 18 June, 2019
I noticed there was no track times too. I thought it was the usual "it needs to be analyzed" issue.

Same operating system.
djmatthew 4:53 PM - 18 June, 2019
Exactly, I see that I am not the only one. What version did you finally leave on your laptop?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 9:14 PM - 18 June, 2019
Is this only happening in the offline player?

Does it happen for all file types?

Are your files stored on an internal or external drive?

Are you using itunes integration or have you imported these files into SDJ manually?

Does the same thing happen when you have the 2 deck offline player or only in one deck mode?

Does the problem occur when sync (with snap to beatgrid) is turned on in the setup menu?

With a little more information I can hopefully reproduce the issue you guys are seeing so we can address it.
djmatthew 12:13 AM - 19 June, 2019
Yes of course, I appreciate your attention.

Q: Is this only happening in the offline player?

A: That's right, it only happens in offline mode, because by connecting the hardware everything works fine.

Q: Does it happen for all file types?

A: For all types of files, both video and audio.

Q: Are your files stored on an internal or external drive?

A: They are stored in internal unit, internal hard disk.

Q: Are you using itunes integration or have you imported these files into SDJ manually?

A: I do not occupy the import through itunes, I have always added the files manually to serato, from scratch live and it is the first time that it happens to me of the 10 years that I use the software.

Q: Does the same thing happen when you have the 2 deck offline player or only in one deck mode?

A: The problem occurs only when I occupy one deck in offline mode, because when the hardware is connected, everything works fine.

Q: Does the problem occur when sync (with snap to beatgrid) is turned on in the setup menu?

A: I do not take any kind of synchronization. I do not know if it happens with beatgrid.

Thank you! I remain attentive to your questions.
djjake 7:39 AM - 19 June, 2019
Same phenomen here DJ Matthew.

Thank you for your message on my post concerning the same problem.
djmatthew 6:16 PM - 19 June, 2019
OK no problem. Let's hope for a solution in the next update, Mike.C will help us.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:33 PM - 19 June, 2019
Hi everyone,

I can reproduce this issue as described - it occurs in 2.1.2 on Windows only and only when using the Offline Player or Practice Mode. Thanks for reporting this, we've raised a bug for this.

Cheers,
Michael.
djmatthew 10:50 PM - 19 June, 2019
Hey Michael, my operating system is macOS High Sierra on Macintosh NO Windows, I do not know if Windows will have the same problem.

Likewise, thank you for paying attention to the error.

Greetings.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:55 PM - 19 June, 2019
Hi djmatthew,

Thanks for the info! We've tried to reproduce in house and can reproduce easily on Windows but not at all on Mac. Can you please let me know which version of High Sierra (10.13.x) you are using?
djmatthew 11:08 PM - 19 June, 2019
Sure, I use version 10.13.6
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:29 AM - 20 June, 2019
Thanks djmatthew, we have reproduced it now on Mac as well :)
djmatthew 1:35 AM - 20 June, 2019
Thanks to you! ;-)
djlilpete 1:10 AM - 23 June, 2019
I can report I've got the same issue also.

Offline player, latest version of Serato DJ Pro 2.1.2 and Macos 10.14.5. no time being displayed.
Cory James 1:36 AM - 7 July, 2019
Having this exact issue after getting a brand new MacBook Pro with Mojave. Was putting mix shows together and thought I was just going crazy, but time is definitely missing.
kseregak 5:52 AM - 10 July, 2019
Greetings.
Have the same problem both in practice mode, and in performance mode with stack display mode. Serato DJ Pro 2.1.2, MacOS 10.14.5, audio files on internal SSD, hardware - DDJ SX.
adsr13 6:40 PM - 12 July, 2019
I hope they fix this issue soon. I have a Sweet 16 coming up where I need to place cue points at a certain time in the songs for candles!
menappi 3:04 AM - 24 January, 2020
Any fix to this? I just noticed this is happening to me.

OSX Mojave 10.14.6
Serato Pro, no hardware plugged in.
Rob J 1:40 AM - 25 January, 2020
Quote:

OSX Mojave 10.14.6

A number of updates have come out since 2.1.2. Just update if you want the track time back. Funny is that I JUST noticed this problem, myself, as I have reverted from 2.3.2 to 2.1.2 to eliminate Play Count.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:54 PM - 27 January, 2020
Hi menappi,

Quote:

OSX Mojave 10.14.6

The issue as described by djmatthew was fixed in Serato DJ 2.2.0. Please try updating to the latest version.

Cheers,
Michael.