Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Highlighting of waveform sections!! And increasing cue points!!

henryb 1:14 AM - 13 June, 2019
I like mixing 2 tracks together for a relatively long time; meaning that I like playing the beat/groove/instrumental part of the track coming on, over the vocals of the previous track - and vice versa - for as long as possible (as long as they sound good playing together). So to make sure I don't mistakenly play one track's vocals over the other one's (which obviously sounds like a bad mixing mistake), I name as many of my cue points to indicate at which point the vocals start and for how many beats (also for other parts which just have vocal samples/loops, and other parts that are just instrumental). I label these cue points like: "32 vox", "64 vc samp", "4 break", "16 inst" etc etc. The problem is that we only have 8 cue points to set and label so I'm quite limited with the amount of info I can add to each track's tag. :( :(

Yesterday I had 2 great ideas (I think they're great, that is.. lol) of what could be included in SDJ Pro:

1. Allow us to manually mark all the different sections/areas within an mp3's waveform by coloring the waveforms (or highlighting these areas) according to what we want these sections to visually show us is happening at the different parts of the track! For example, we could color-code the areas with vocals orange, the choruses red, the rapping in purple, the simple beat in green, the bass-line in blue etc etc. This customized color-coding of areas would be an amazing tool to have!!

2. Increase the number of cue points! Say, make them 32, or even 64, or more! This could be done by adding 4 or even 8 cue point pages (still of 8 cue points per page!) that we could toggle through on the SDJ interface, and as each cue point page would still have 8 cue points, they would still correspond to the 8 pads of any DDJ controller so no hardware incompatibility! ;) This would also come in very handy if we want to play a mixed recording with many tracks in it - we could label all the points where the next tracks are mixing into the set and label them in the cue point fields, and play them from wherever we want! Also, this would be a huge addition to what we can record using Serato Flip! :)

I don't know if what I'm asking is too complicated to achieve, if it would have an impact on SDJ's performance, or if anyone else would find these things as useful as I think they'd be. But if they're doable while maintaining a smooth SDJ app, and if other people want them too, I really hope we would see these soon!! :) :)
henryb 12:33 AM - 25 June, 2019
Any developers' feedback on this idea?