Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Change Pitch Range in Serato DJ using Control Vinyl

Vincent Fries 8:20 PM - 28 May, 2019
Hello,
haven´t found anything helpful on the web. I am using control vinyl (DS1 or SL2) and wanted to ask how i can change the pitch range in Serato DJ from +-8 to +-16 or +-50 like most controllers offer this feature.
Thank you for helping!
Bornd Fono 9:43 PM - 28 May, 2019
Hi.

Sadly you can't do this. It has been requested as a feature but was ignored by Serato like many other things. If you use control vinyl your pitch of (for example) -6 will always be -6. Adding a multiplier to this number like x2 to reach -12 (+-16 range) or x6,25 (+-50 range) is not possible.

Greetings!
Bornd Fono 9:45 PM - 28 May, 2019
You have to switch your deck to internal mode and do it at the laptop (maybe map a fader to the pitchfader if you have a controller with faders, a knob is ofc also possible). I have done this like this in the past when I was in need of such an operation...
Despo 10:16 PM - 29 May, 2019
yeah a multiplier for dvs would be great. Serato pls.
Vincent Fries 7:46 AM - 30 May, 2019
Thank you for the answers!
So ridicoulus that this is not possible.. Would be sooooo easy!
djknowledge201 2:41 PM - 30 May, 2019
don't know how this would be possible with using control vinyl unless your turntable itself has the desired pitch range. Not even traktor or rekordbox has a feature like that. the very essence of dvs is that the software mimics whats the vinyl is doing so if your turntable is unable to go to 50+ how is serato going to? the controllers itself time stretch the internal timecode midi so thats how theyre able to change the pitch to such extremes.
djknowledge201 2:49 PM - 30 May, 2019
im sure there is some way to do. but becuase of the nature of the request it might not be stable enough to use in the real world. who knows, maybe someone with a more technical background could chime in here. shouldnt really get mad at serato for your turntables limitations. dvs and controllers are very different in the way they operate.
DJ Tecniq 5:49 PM - 30 May, 2019
This is why newer t-tables are good to have they have ultra pitch which comes in handy if you have pitch n’ time.
DJ Tecniq 5:53 PM - 30 May, 2019
I did find this quite interesting and I’m sure other mixers can do this too. You can speed up the track while in echo hold on the S9. Pretty useful tool
youtu.be
dj_soo 6:00 PM - 30 May, 2019
you can use sync to "reset" the 0 point on your pitch which I find a useful workaround.
CMOS 9:55 PM - 30 May, 2019
Quote:
you can use sync to "reset" the 0 point on your pitch which I find a useful workaround.

Soo can you elaborate on this? Ive seen you mention it a few times, just cant wrap my head around it.

You move pitch to +8, then sync, then what, move the pitch back to 0 and start again? Or do you mean sync up to the higher bpm, then you have a new +-8 at that bpm?