DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pio's DDJ-200 - kinda interesting

popnwave 2:39 PM - 14 May, 2019
youtu.be

With the streaming options this form factor does look more appealing to me than SDJ Lite and having to bring my laptop. Looks like Pioneer is looking to take a bigger piece of that realm that Algoriddim resides in. Still no Spotify (not gonna happen any time soon), but if even if you have a 128GB phone you can rock a decent genre set.
Culprit 10:45 PM - 14 May, 2019
Quote:
youtu.be

With the streaming options this form factor does look more appealing to me than SDJ Lite and having to bring my laptop. Looks like Pioneer is looking to take a bigger piece of that realm that Algoriddim resides in. Still no Spotify (not gonna happen any time soon), but if even if you have a 128GB phone you can rock a decent genre set.

it's pretty obvious as well that this is marketed more towards the college kids and hipsters who don't really go out to party so there wouldnt really be any legality issues playing streaming songs for friends in an apartment or dorm room.

This would still be an awesome backup to a wedding setup no doubt. You could put 3 in a pelican case with a few refurbished phones and charge $400/$600 per room depending on the type of events, but you wouldn't legally be allowed to stream music and play for a paid audience

Just my two cents against the bill
Laz219 10:58 PM - 14 May, 2019
I was reading the features.. between auto phrase mixing/auto beatmatching/auto FX transitions, feels like the physical version of Pyro.
popnwave 11:10 PM - 14 May, 2019
Looks like Djay just added support as well...
dj_soo 11:22 PM - 14 May, 2019
No headphone port so if you want to cue, you need a splitter and run your output as mono.

Also the beatport streaming prices are a joke.

$60 for just 100 offline tracks?

$15/ month only gets you 128 AAC sound quality.
Culprit 11:58 PM - 14 May, 2019
Quote:
No headphone port so if you want to cue, you need a splitter and run your output as mono.

Also the beatport streaming prices are a joke.

$60 for just 100 offline tracks?

$15/ month only gets you 128 AAC sound quality.

I can't imagine this would be a big hit to our community, maybe the traktor community?
deejayfatcat 1:02 AM - 15 May, 2019
Djay has had Spotify for years and I use it with both of my controllers. Streaming works flawlessly. Will it ever be my primary library? No way, but I’ll use it at a pool party to play a request I don’t ever want to own.
Mr. Goodkat 4:57 PM - 15 May, 2019
the pioneer wego dj phone app is really good, i sit around on the couch and stream to my bluetooth speaker or tv sometimes. of course there is latency via bluetooth, but im on the couch so who cares. plus when the app came out it was free
Logisticalstyles 4:40 PM - 16 May, 2019
I downloaded the app and I like it as well. It's much better than I expected it to be.
Djkom 4:55 PM - 16 May, 2019
youtu.be

#MixEveryWhere #Portabality #Versatility #Cheap

Obviously not for pro but quite interesting, lot of fun for my kids ...and for me also I have to admit 😅. I can see myself mixing in the transport or in bed.

#MixEveryWhere #Portabality #Versatility #Cheap

Rekordbox is getting more and more interests (I've completely jumped into it since a few months) and with this kind of product, Pioneer is clearly anticipating the furtur dj world in a good and strong way IMO.

RIP SDJ ⚰⚰⚰
Gio Alex 6:21 PM - 16 May, 2019
Quote:
RIP SDJ ⚰⚰⚰

Oh dang, like that huh?

How are the add-ons? FX and so on.. compared to SDJ
Djkom 6:33 PM - 16 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
RIP SDJ ⚰⚰⚰

How are the add-ons? FX and so on.. compared to SDJ

Honestly? Light years ahead !!!
Rekordbox and Traktor have the best FX sounding in the game.
I Love Rekordbox Pad FX 😍
Serato is not good on FX that's way they have included iZotope...and there are still issues
Gio Alex 6:35 PM - 16 May, 2019
I hear that... traktor has great FX, but i've always despised the GUI... it feels way too much like "Computer DJing"... i dunno how to explain it. Rekordbox i've only tried in the early stages before the library/crate transfer solutions, maybe i should revisit.
your momma 10:30 AM - 17 May, 2019
Probably the only product from pioneer that I would actually buy. But since my phone is android

I think this unit is gonna sell a lot of units.

🤖