Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

License Transfer w/Expansion Packs for Pioneer DDJ SX2 HELP!

Brandon Hinsey 1:42 PM - 13 May, 2019
EQUIPMENT: Pioneer DDJ-SX2 with Serato DJ Pro 2.1.1

FX PACKS: Base Pack, Wolf Pack, Back Pack, Chip Pack, Jet Pack
EXP PACKS: Pitch n Time DJ, Serato Flip, Serato Play

NEED HELP: I am going to buy a Pioneer DDJ-SX3 controller, and thus sell my current Pioneer DDJ-SX2 controller. What does the new owner need to do, in addition to creating a new Serato account, in order for him/her to connect their computer to the DDJ-SX2 controller to have the Serato DJ Pro software for their own use? Is the license automatically "attached" to the controller hardware, and recognized upon connection? Do I have to do a License Transfer of Serato DJ Pro to the new owner, along with whichever licenses for FX Packs and Expansion Packs I may no longer need? (since the DDJ-SX3 comes with Serato Flip, Pitch n Time, and its own Serato DJ Pro licenses)?
popnwave 4:38 PM - 13 May, 2019
SX2 unlocks SDJ Pro with the hardware itself. Unless you are selling your expansion packs too, you don't need to do anything.

You keep your FX packs and EXP packs.
DJ Tecniq 6:47 PM - 13 May, 2019
Make sure you don’t get a bad unit. SX3 long since been recalled check on the bottom of the controller for certain models that are affected.
www.pioneerdj.com
Brandon Hinsey 7:29 PM - 13 May, 2019
Popnwave...thank you very much for the info.

Djtecniq...thank you as well...I had no idea. I will definitely be aware of that
Brandon Hinsey 7:34 PM - 13 May, 2019
Quote:
SX2 unlocks SDJ Pro with the hardware itself. Unless you are selling your expansion packs too, you don't need to do anything.

You keep your FX packs and EXP packs.

Popnwave...also, if I do get the SX3 I believe it comes with Serato Flip and Pitch n' Time built in? So if I want to sell my SX2 with those packs since I wont need them (and to sweeten the deal on the sale), how would I transfer the packs, if possible?
Thank you in advance...
popnwave 7:58 PM - 13 May, 2019
You CAN transfer them sometimes, for that I'd open a support ticket and have them help you out.
Brandon Hinsey 8:19 PM - 13 May, 2019
Quote:
You CAN transfer them sometimes, for that I'd open a support ticket and have them help you out.

Will do! Thanks again!
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:50 PM - 13 May, 2019
the sx3 will not come enable the packs there is vouchers inside , you can sell them of you want
Brandon Hinsey 9:06 PM - 13 May, 2019
Quote:
the sx3 will not come enable the packs there is vouchers inside , you can sell them of you want

Oh wow...I didnt know that. That makes sense...keep the packs I have on my acct, and use them with the SX3, and just pass on the vouchers that come with it as an add-on with the sale of the SX2. Geat idea...thank you!
Brandon Hinsey 9:09 PM - 13 May, 2019
Quote:

...unless you meant that the SX3 will not enable the packs I already have? Then I would sell those with my SX2 and activate the vouchers that come with the SX3 for that controller itself?
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:20 PM - 13 May, 2019
they come with vouchers
Brandon Hinsey 11:08 AM - 14 May, 2019
Quote:
they come with vouchers

Are the vouchers transferable? Will the packs I already have in my Serato acct for my SX2 work for a new SX3? Then I could just include the SX3 vouchers in the sale of my SX2?
popnwave 2:34 PM - 14 May, 2019
Physical vouchers you can always just give to someone, much easier than deactivating what you already have and asking support to associate them with someone else's new account.