Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Add a Digital-Coaxial (RCA) Out version of the SL boxes

DenkiBlue 6:07 PM - 24 July, 2009
I just wanna know what you guys think, because the way I see it:

* Mixers at many medium to large clubs have digital inputs
* Many new mixers have digital inputs
* Only one cable is required for a stereo signal with digital
* The digital audio medium is becoming increasingly common
* Using digital may take one conversion out of the process, thus cutting components and saving cost??

So Rane/Serato should release an all/mostly digital version of the SL box - kinda like protools, or consider for future boxes.

I dunno what the consensus is, but I'd buy one!
DJMark 2:53 AM - 25 July, 2009
I really wish both the TTM57SL and the SL-3 had included this. I hope the next version of SSL-included Rane mixer does.

For install purposes, a lot of system processors in clubs (including some of the Rane models) have digital inputs.
Gavin J 3:22 AM - 25 July, 2009
I've been an engineer for over 10 years, recently I've been hired to over see 3 night clubs in the Southern California area. I just have to say that I can't believe the industry standard DJ interface has no type of digital output. Could you please make an SL3 box that has digital outs? For the time being I'm going to search for a hack that will let me use an MBOX (or something similar) to be used as an interface with digital outs.
djtonypsalms 4:12 PM - 25 July, 2009
S.S.L. is topshelf because of it's simplicity and is the closet thing to spinning "real" vinyl.

If you want more bells and whistles, perhaps consider Traktor Skratch or Torq.
DJMark 11:52 AM - 26 July, 2009
Digital i/o on hardware is *not* a bell or a whistle, and I'm not interested in different software.
DenkiBlue 6:04 PM - 26 July, 2009
'Bells and whistles' couldn't have been further from my comparison of Protools HD interfaces. More and more equipment has the connections. I and maybe many like me, haven't needed pre-amps for a couple of years.

I've been reminded that as the outputs on the SL boxes are line level anyway, I don't see why the digi output isn't a logical, practical and economical evolution?
nobspangle 7:31 AM - 27 July, 2009
Quote:
I really wish both the TTM57SL and the SL-3 had included this. I hope the next version of SSL-included Rane mixer does.

For install purposes, a lot of system processors in clubs (including some of the Rane models) have digital inputs.

On the SL-3 there is very little space not sure where they'd find the room for 3 extra RCA connections.
For the 57 though it would be easily possible to add an extra RCA somewhere for digital output.