Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Best Shure N44-7 Alternative in 2019?

jordan85 5:47 AM - 5 May, 2019
Hey all:

Just getting back into this hobby after about a 5 yr hiatus. I already knew I'd lost my carts, but now I come back to find that they've discontinued Shure phono products as well.

Can someone help point me towards the top one or two cartridges and needles for my style? Home dj, a little of everything genre-wise with a lot of hip hop and attempted poor sctractchig, almost exclusively on dvs
jordan85 5:48 AM - 5 May, 2019
Basically, what are turntablists using if they aren't using Shure now that Shure is discontinued?
AdamW 11:49 AM - 5 May, 2019
ortofon digital or scratch. I'm using sure white labels now but I had them for years. when im ready to get a new pair, im looking at those 2.
HK1200 1:06 PM - 5 May, 2019
Been rocking the same pair of Ortofon Concorde's since the 90's. No complaints.
Despo 1:14 PM - 5 May, 2019
Phase
Caley Martin 3:33 PM - 5 May, 2019
For needles, can’t go wrong with the high quality Jico precision clones.

www.jico-stylus.com
jordan85 4:53 AM - 7 May, 2019
Trying to figure out what to do here. I've got one M44 cart/needle w/ no headshell and that's it right now.
DJ Tecniq 7:34 AM - 7 May, 2019
Quote:
Phase
Save yourself the hassle of dealing with needles/cartridges that is if you are only interested in DVS playback. I co-sign phase
Pepehouse 11:40 PM - 7 May, 2019
Since I tried the Elektro, I recommend them, great bang for your back and work and sound better than expected, they are endorsed for any type of djing, cartridges you still can found even if they are discontinued but stylus is gonna be made for now on. And won't cost as much as the newer models mentioned above which are clearly good choices but quite overpriced IMO
DJ Tecniq 2:46 AM - 8 May, 2019
Quote:
Since I tried the Elektro, I recommend them
+1 I’ve had my ortofon elektro’s for years and what I’ve noticed is the stylus tip is very rugged and sturdy compared to other ortofons. They are very strong I’ve broken stylus before from just wiping the dust off. Def a great choice.
Illiment 6:25 PM - 8 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Phase
Save yourself the hassle of dealing with needles/cartridges that is if you are only interested in DVS playback. I co-sign phase

one more for Phase