Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

KARAOKE ON SERATO DJ PRO

EAZY909760 3:04 AM - 2 May, 2019
HOW CAN I GET THE MUSIC FOR KARAOKE? DO I NEED EXTRA EQUIPMENT TO RUN KARAOKE? I HAVE MY CONTROLLER, HP LAPTOP, AND SPEAKERS.
DJK@DJAYMONTREAL.COM 9:02 PM - 6 May, 2019
HI Easy, I have Karaoke files in CDG and MP4 and all work with my macbook. I have used a windows Dell PC for that before and I would get a green screen and some shut downs of my PC.

I would test and see if you have any issues with running 720 or 1080p files

Good luck
EAZY909760 1:36 AM - 18 May, 2019
O OK. HOW WOULD I GET CDG MP4 FILES FOR MY HP LAPTOP? IS THERE A WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD THEM FILES?
DJK@DJAYMONTREAL.COM 1:01 PM - 30 May, 2019
Depends if you subscribe to a pool that has karaoke files. I bought mine from a DJ that was getting out of business so I got 300 gigs worth of cd+g/mp3 files and then downloaded only newer stuff from some reputable sites. but its costs. almost better to go with virtual dj subscription and have all the videos there for u
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:14 AM - 31 May, 2019
Look up www.karafun.com

I’ve used it a few times and it’s super easy to. You’ll need internet access tho.

VDJ’s karaoke subscription sucks. Their library is old and doesn’t really have the current stuff you’ll need.

So for now until you build a decent library I’d just use Karafun and no I dont work for them.
Bigheaded 8:59 AM - 10 June, 2019
I have a question about Karafun, they way they word things on their web site are a bit vague. If I paid let's say a single month pro membership. It says offline mode, but I'm wondering if the songs only remain as long as my membership's active? I know with my record pool (BPM Supreme) I keep the songs even after my membership's expired. I'm wondering if Karafun's the same.

Also, is there anything similar to the Rekordbox Karaoke out there? I freakin' love how much more high tech it looks than plain old karaoke.
DJK@DJAYMONTREAL.COM 3:15 PM - 10 June, 2019
Hi Bigheaded,

I have used Karafun and the offline mode essentially works like Spotify's download within the app but if you cancel you cant access any of it. You will not own the songs.

Hope this helps.
Kevin
EAZY909760 10:19 PM - 10 June, 2019
Quote:
Hi Bigheaded,

I have used Karafun and the offline mode essentially works like Spotify's download within the app but if you cancel you cant access any of it. You will not own the songs.

Hope this helps.
Kevin

O OK. IMA CHECK ON THAT. I THANK U FOR UR INPUT.
EAZY909760 10:21 PM - 10 June, 2019
O OK IMA LOOK INTO IT.
DJ Redman Music 3:34 AM - 22 February, 2020
So I am wanting to start karaoke with Serato, but want to use a karaoke streaming service online like SoundChoice because I don't have any karaoke songs. Do any of you guys use karaoke streaming services like this that are compatible with Serato Pro software? Or do ya'll just have your own karaoke files. Help a mans out! 0