Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sound swithch promising but software is garbage. TRASH!!

Telony Ex 11:13 PM - 23 April, 2019
Trying to step my presentation up to stay with the times. Been looking at sound switch for a while. Did my research. It is awesome for what it promise to do. But what the hell is going on with the software. During my research i download the software to see how it look. It look like trash. I couldnt do one thing in there. One of the big company better take over and revamp cause it got promise but currently trash on the software side.

Pioneer rbdmx looks good and user friendly. Just dont work with sdj at moment.
Clubber1970 5:45 AM - 24 April, 2019
But Pioneer DMX don‘t handles FX lights like Derbys or Moonflower effects very well. My last information was that Rekordbox DMX only supports PARs and moving heads. But I don‘t know the actual status of their last versions.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:09 PM - 24 April, 2019
Quote:
One of the big company better take over and revamp cause it got promise but currently trash on the software side.

Inmusic owns soundswitch now.

GUI aside...its pretty easy to use. Dont let the layers or pages scare you off. You will probably use the auto loops more than individual song scripting for mobile gigs and stuff.

Since getting it I've used it out live about 5 times and it's pretty straightforward once you get familiar.
Telony Ex 4:28 PM - 24 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
One of the big company better take over and revamp cause it got promise but currently trash on the software side.

Inmusic owns soundswitch now.

GUI aside...its pretty easy to use. Dont let the layers or pages scare you off. You will probably use the auto loops more than individual song scripting for mobile gigs and stuff.

Since getting it I've used it out live about 5 times and it's pretty straightforward once you get familiar.

I aincerely hope so it gets better. As of now. Nah
Chino 5:47 PM - 24 April, 2019
Quote:
Trying to step my presentation up to stay with the times. Been looking at sound switch for a while. Did my research. It is awesome for what it promise to do. But what the hell is going on with the software. During my research i download the software to see how it look. It look like trash. I couldnt do one thing in there. One of the big company better take over and revamp cause it got promise but currently trash on the software side.

Pioneer rbdmx looks good and user friendly. Just dont work with sdj at moment.

Save yourself the time, headache & stress by getting the ADJ AirStream DMX system. Hands down the easiest DMX setup Ive used!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:12 AM - 25 April, 2019
Quote:
I aincerely hope so it gets better.

Easy step to get running

1. Analyse and grid your library in Serato
2. Launch SS
3. Open a new venue tab and add fixtures
4. Set the DMX channels as appropriate
5. If using moving head you can create some position cues so your lights dont point to where you dont need it.
6. Switch to performance mode
7. Play music

Extra
1. Map the auto loops to a second midi controller. I use the Akai 40 and have used the numark orbit.
2. The autoloops can be used for drops and build ups.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:15 AM - 25 April, 2019
PS

You don't need to autoscript your entire library.

You don't even need to do anything to songs in ss if you dont want

Those autoloops are good enough for a show.
Telony Ex 10:19 PM - 25 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I aincerely hope so it gets better.

Easy step to get running

1. Analyse and grid your library in Serato
2. Launch SS
3. Open a new venue tab and add fixtures
4. Set the DMX channels as appropriate
5. If using moving head you can create some position cues so your lights dont point to where you dont need it.
6. Switch to performance mode
7. Play music

Extra
1. Map the auto loops to a second midi controller. I use the Akai 40 and have used the numark orbit.
2. The autoloops can be used for drops and build ups.

Thsnks. All my grids are analyzed in sdj but they never seem to be the same in ss. The grids are always off. I cannot get past that as i understand the intention of ss and the grid telationship.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:21 PM - 27 April, 2019
20,000 tracks all auto scripted and everything has been running smoothly over here.

SS is so easy to use, it only gets difficult when your scripting complex light shows 🤷🏾‍♂️
Dj KoolBreeze 4:43 PM - 27 April, 2019
Quote:
20,000 tracks all auto scripted and everything has been running smoothly over here.

SS is so easy to use, it only gets difficult when your scripting complex light shows 🤷🏾‍♂️

i envy u if this is true...
my question. is sound switch suppoise to read your sdj beat grids.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:05 PM - 27 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it can read SDJ grids or you can manually set the grid from within SS.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:11 PM - 27 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I will say this, it took well over a week and half almost 2 weeks for SS to auto script all those tracks.

Another thing about SS, is the support is out of this world!! Liam is a beast and I honestly have never waited more then 24 hours for help or to get a fixture added.

I’ve had some cheap ass moving heads from with a shitty. I just took a picture of the pages of the manual, emailed it to them and the same night the fixtures were added.

Plus they’ll tweak fixtures for you. Example, I have a Gigbar 2.0 and I wanted to control the laser with movement positions. They figured it out and added the custom fixture for me.

SoundSwitch is solid in my opinion and I’m coming from ShowXpress.
Telony Ex 9:15 PM - 28 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it can read SDJ grids or you can manually set the grid from within SS.

I have all my grids set in sdj. But when i open a song in sound switch. The waveform appears to be off. Is this normal
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:58 AM - 29 April, 2019
Quote:
I have all my grids set in sdj. But when i open a song in sound switch. The waveform appears to be off. Is this normal

It may appear that way but how does your light show look.

Dont just look at the software...plug in some lights.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:45 PM - 29 April, 2019
Yeah he’s right, I always have a few plugged in just so I can see how they look and make sure they’re on beat.
soul-doubt12 3:32 PM - 5 May, 2019
I feel like the autoloops are not syncing with the music at all. I have my entire library in serato scripted with beat grids, and I’m not seeing the connection here. I have everything setup correctly
SoundSwitch Tech Support 4:00 AM - 6 May, 2019
Hey Everyone,

SoundSwitch Tech Support here.

Soul, can you provide more details, obviously we would say that our software syncs with the beat-grids if it didnt, its possible something else is at play here.

Send an email to support@soundswitch.com and we will link up and get you sorted.

Talk soon.

Matt
DJ Tecniq 5:54 AM - 6 May, 2019
Can we worry about more important things like...the next SDJ update🤔