Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Phase DJ - Involuntary Switch to Internal Mode

dj.insomnia 5:12 PM - 18 April, 2019
Randomly when I'm using Phase, a deck will go into internal mode. Has this been happening to anyone?
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:44 PM - 18 April, 2019
apparently its an issue when not using the official tone it can happen,

if serato ever support it as an official accessory which seems likely since they just did a video on it this won't be an issue
raedonquan 9:27 PM - 18 April, 2019
If serato supported it the phase people would have paid serato put serato's logo on it...

It dont think that happened yet
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:05 PM - 18 April, 2019
the logo will come when they pay the serato tax
evanslynk 5:21 PM - 24 April, 2019
Yes this happens to me. One of my remotes "crashed" after it went into internal mode and I had to wait 10 hours for the battery to die before it turned off/reset. It's charging and working again now. Super weird. I really hope Serato does something about this issue because it would be incredible to have phase as an officially supported accessory.
raedonquan 5:24 PM - 24 April, 2019
It is not seratos fault it the phase .. phase is some how telling the time code it is at the end of the record.. which is 15 minutes..

I have no problems with regular time code cv or time code by usb stick
Despo 5:48 PM - 24 April, 2019
Quote:
It is not seratos fault it the phase .. phase is some how telling the time code it is at the end of the record.. which is 15 minutes..

That's not true, phase isn't telling serato anything. It's just sending a continious 1000hz tone nothing else. Serato needs to patch this and I think they will
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:24 PM - 24 April, 2019
Unless serato let phase license the control tone this problem isn't going anywhere, as mentioned phase sends a continuous tone where the serato tone has slight variations so the software knows where it's at position wise on the record
Despo 1:01 AM - 25 April, 2019
Nah man this has nothing to do with position. It has to do with the phase remotes not sending exactly 1000hz time code when your turntable Is at 0 pitch. It sends more like 1010hz depending on how it calibrates
Dj cuervo 10:04 PM - 26 April, 2019
It is the loop time signal but Serato has issue if the continuous signal goes pass a certain time. I was able to reproduce this when I use Denon 3500 back in the day and loop the CD time signal. Serato will not address this until Phase pay to play!!! :)
Dj cuervo 2:11 PM - 27 April, 2019
I found away to stop the internal mode. If you completely stop the turntable this will reset that timer. It is like moving the needle to beginning of record. I didn't get the internal mode issue in 5 hour set.
DJ JulioYEG 3:47 AM - 29 April, 2019
Quote:

reading ur posts makes me want to stick the phase remotes through my eyeballs
DJAK_SA 3:59 PM - 29 April, 2019
I realized that the other night also Dj Cuervo...I got the internal mode 3 times early in my set when I kept going and not stopping the turntable,but when i stopped the turntables I didnt get it the rest of the night also in a 5hr set.
Dj cuervo 4:00 PM - 29 April, 2019
Quote:
I realized that the other night also Dj Cuervo...I got the internal mode 3 times early in my set when I kept going and not stopping the turntable,but when i stopped the turntables I didnt get it the rest of the night also in a 5hr set.

Nice!!!
MYSTIC_BO 8:55 PM - 27 August, 2019
I stop my turntable every time..I have a lock playing track option but still got this issue .
MYSTIC_BO 8:56 PM - 27 August, 2019
Also my serato crashed 2 times ...not the program direct just the sound was realy strange distorted..
I am not shure if it's a phase issue