Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

Studio

AKIEM 8:55 PM - 27 March, 2019
I guess Studio is why there were no updates to Sample. hmmm

maybe that changes now.....................................
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:16 PM - 27 March, 2019
Hey AKIEM,

You're right, this is why we haven't been able to put a Sample update out. However Studio is actually great news for Sample users, as we now have features and IP that we can share between Sample and Studio. There's a bunch of things in Studio that we would like to add to Sample as well, so we look forward to adding these in updates in the future :)

Logan.
AKIEM 9:30 PM - 27 March, 2019
Well thats pretty dope. Been actually waiting for this since the beginning really. But just gotta be honest, Seratos track record of letting things fade away isnt great (I buy every release of Digital Performer and Reason, have been for over 20 years for example...) And secondly the lack of addressing small work flow and decades long simple requests has me skeptical. We shall see if there is something special/essential about the work flow, or how I can incorporate it.... but.... anyway cheers
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:32 PM - 27 March, 2019
Would love to hear your feedback man! Jump in there and start the trial and let us know what you think!
Loopman 7:27 AM - 28 March, 2019
So Studio is not gonna be a VST that we could work with within Live or Cubase then ?
krank 10:10 PM - 28 March, 2019
You can colour me skeptical too, I'll believe it when I see it.. if I don't see another update to sample then serato won't be getting any more of my money.. kind of insulting too that the first time for months that we've had any interaction from a rep is when there's a new product to hype..
Rage313 1:04 AM - 31 March, 2019
Quote:
You can colour me skeptical too, I'll believe it when I see it.. if I don't see another update to sample then serato won't be getting any more of my money.. kind of insulting too that the first time for months that we've had any interaction from a rep is when there's a new product to hype..

Exactly!!
Dr Rumble Beats 9:23 AM - 6 April, 2019
Hey Logan,

Can you tell more about the "bunch of things in Studio that we would like to add to Sample".
I'm septical too. Hope you listen users features requests...
DrrylM 4:34 AM - 8 April, 2019
Yes. What could be added to Sample, hmmm....?
AKIEM 4:53 AM - 8 April, 2019
They should add the Library. IMO the main work flow hassle for Sample is loading samples

doubt they do it because they need two separate products
brainstorm21 12:44 PM - 15 April, 2019
Sample? Am I the single person who got the update at 14.04.2019 ???
Dr Rumble Beats 3:53 PM - 15 April, 2019
I think yes. There's no informations nowhere about a serato sample New update.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:15 PM - 15 April, 2019
Quote:
Sample? Am I the single person who got the update at 14.04.2019 ???

The latest version of Serato Sample is 1.1.
Gio Alex 9:17 PM - 17 April, 2019
So Serato sample is on sale. What does that mean for Studio?
AKIEM 10:56 PM - 17 April, 2019
lame
Logisticalstyles 6:40 PM - 23 April, 2019
I wish the Beta would open up to allow more testers. I'm surprised it's been so quiet on the Serato Studio front. You could usually count on on or two beta testers leaking details, but I haven't heard much since the announcement. Maybe Phase stole the spotlight.
AKIEM 2:24 PM - 27 June, 2019
Quote:
Hey AKIEM,

You're right, this is why we haven't been able to put a Sample update out. However Studio is actually great news for Sample users, as we now have features and IP that we can share between Sample and Studio. There's a bunch of things in Studio that we would like to add to Sample as well, so we look forward to adding these in updates in the future :)

Logan.

...but instead of doing that - we strung you along. You paid for Sample and we hyped it up like its solid with all sorts of adverts and feature discussions getting your ideas and feedback. But now, even though we *could* continue updating it and ad features that will probably just go into Studio we are going to shelve it and tell you to buy a subscription to Studio - even if it doesnt work for you and VST is the better option.

why not just keep updating and keep Sample on par with Sample in Studio? duh, because we want you to buy a subscription now too.
Gio Alex 5:07 PM - 27 June, 2019
All these business decisions seem a bit sloppy. Especially after reading Akiem’s response. It seems like they’re figuring things out as they go, but collecting your money in the process. Not enough concrete commitment to a project. Lot of Hail Mary moves. Let’s switch to this, let’s switch to that. It’s all over the place.
AKIEM 1:19 AM - 28 June, 2019
meme:
Serato be like
hey, heres a great little app,
would be a shame if no one updates it
AKIEM 1:22 AM - 28 June, 2019
Feeling kinda cute,
might update this app...
once...