Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Warnings when deleting a crate (when you believe a track is marked)

DJ Andreas Erikson 8:42 PM - 26 March, 2019
When you are moving songs from one crate to another, organizing a crate for a set, if you miss that the active color is on the crate instead of your selection of tracks in the actual crate (which also looks like their marked) and press CTRL+Delete then your crate vanish without any warning, recycle bin and undo possibility. This has happened to me many times by accident and then you need to find all songs once again rebuilding the set order etc. Very annoying. Would be good at least to have a setting so the ones who wants can get a warning “Are you sure you want to delete a full crate?”. Another solution if you don’t want a warning would be undo (CTRL+Z) or a recycle bin for deleted crates.

Anyone have had the same incident when working late? ;)

BR
Andreas
Sikwidityo 10:45 AM - 12 April, 2019
Andreas,

This has happened to me very few times over the years. However, all I did(On a Mac) was "Force Quit" Serato. Then, go to the trash bin via Finder and drag the .crate file back into the "Crates" folder located at: Music/_Serato_/Crates

When I re-opened Serato, my crate would appear back in the crates listing. All I did then is drag the crate back to the area I wanted it in.

I hope this helps.

Peace,

Sikwidityo
DJ Andreas Erikson 12:47 PM - 12 April, 2019
Quote:
Andreas,

This has happened to me very few times over the years. However, all I did(On a Mac) was "Force Quit" Serato. Then, go to the trash bin via Finder and drag the .crate file back into the "Crates" folder located at: Music/_Serato_/Crates

When I re-opened Serato, my crate would appear back in the crates listing. All I did then is drag the crate back to the area I wanted it in.

I hope this helps.

Peace,

Sikwidityo

Very good tip! Thank you very much! Would be great to have a "Are you sure?" or undo in a professional DJ software though... That a lot of work on a set can disappear in a blink of an eye without a warning is far from perfect...

Once again, many thanks!

BR
Andreas