Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

What if...Roland X

Chino 1:45 AM - 18 March, 2019
Generally, I'm not a fan of static platters. There is ONE exception- the platters on the DJ-808. Now imagine if the 'Roland X' was released. An Official Serato Accessory consisting of an ULTRA low latency 10" jog wheel with indicators & standard (controller) pad layout. Keep it simple & make sure it has FLAWLESS, tight integration with SDJ Pro. A direct drive version could also be made that would give the Rane 12 a run for their $$$. Ultimately, this type of product could fill a portability void in the mobile DJ industry.
Illiment 2:58 PM - 18 March, 2019
i'd be all over this.

I love my twelves but for portability they aren't it.
Chino 5:45 PM - 18 March, 2019
Quote:
i'd be all over this.

I don't know if Technics has any interest in making an official SLDZ MK2 but maybe Roland will...
dibb 9:31 PM - 18 March, 2019
I’m waiting for a product like this for over 5 years now.

Somehow the dj hardware manufacturers think that there is no market for this and that we all want all in one controllers. I don’t get it. I’m pretty sure a well executed, portable single deck controller will sell like hotcakes.

Maybe InMusic/Denon could bring out a updated DN SC2000? pretty please..
dj_soo 9:40 PM - 18 March, 2019
I don’t care if it’s roland or denon or even Numark making this, but I’ve been wanting something like this for the last few years.

The Twelves are almost it, but it’s just not portable enough.

Something like a 9” or 10” version of the Twelves would be perfect and something that’s essentially a cdj with no built in interface or player and just some controls for like $300 or less ea would be amazing as well.

A few companies have tried but never bothered to get serato support - Allen and heath, Reloop, even behringer have tried but it was never usable with serato and any other software required standard midi mapping which didn’t have hw resolution or the low latency.
DJ JulioYEG 4:03 AM - 19 March, 2019
stanton had them. remember a few clubs had em back in the day
dj_soo 6:58 AM - 19 March, 2019
Stanton had that old scs.1 spinning platter controller - much like the twelves. The problem was it was straight low resolution midi and didn't really have the tightness or low latency that was really required for a spinning platter controller.
Illiment 2:06 PM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
i'd be all over this.

I don't know if Technics has any interest in making an official SLDZ MK2 but maybe Roland will...

Even a Sl-700 (biz markie decks) with phase or something (ideally no tonearms/needles) How fun would that shit be to play on.
dibb 5:46 PM - 19 March, 2019
Indeed a smaller version of the Twelves would fit the bill for me. Portability being the main reason.

I even don’t care about Serato support anymore coz I’m mostly using DJ Player Pro on iPad nowadays.
Chino 5:46 PM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
Stanton had that old scs.1 spinning platter controller - much like the twelves. The problem was it was straight low resolution midi and didn't really have the tightness or low latency that was really required for a spinning platter controller.

^THIS!
Chino 5:49 PM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
i'd be all over this.

Quote:

Even a Sl-700 (biz markie decks) with phase or something (ideally no tonearms/needles) How fun would that shit be to play on.

That is what I had hoped Technics was going to release since they stated that they are "re-engaging the DJ community"...
Chino 5:52 PM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
Indeed a smaller version of the Twelves would fit the bill for me. Portability being the main reason.

This will be released around the same time that Serato implements DAY MODE, & adds a forum edit button! LOL ; )
dibb 8:58 PM - 19 March, 2019
; )