Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serate Support: no answers

AKIEM 12:07 AM - 18 March, 2019
I mis the days of the support forum when you could just look up an issue and watch it be resolved with support and other users.

I haven't had many issues I needed a ticket for... but is it common for them to just quit responding and ignore emails?

Im sitting here with a month of no response.

wtf
Cwite 7:40 PM - 18 March, 2019
AKIEM,

In a word. Yes.

I've had glitches since around the introduction of pulselocker.

The pulselocker issues were fixed, but there was an endless back and forth between the support team and myself about various bugs. A lot of them found their way in to Pro.

Some simple to work around, others quite big.

Everything they ask for I give. Videos, midi mapping data. Exact conditions that cause the glitches.
I stopped getting emails many, many, months ago.

Every new beta I list the issues if they haven't been resolved and all I get asked is if this is unique to the new beta. Like they don't know they exist.
Serato, Support
Luke B 9:35 PM - 18 March, 2019
Hi AKIEM,

Sorry you've not received a timely response.
I've bumped the agent taking care of your ticket and they have responded again.

Cwite,

Your most recent ticket with our Support team was replied to, and seems to have closed without issue - and your last reply in that ticket seemed to indicate you were content.

If you have any remaining issues you'd like to address, please open another help request here, and we can look into them for you: support.serato.com

Cheers
AKIEM 11:13 PM - 18 March, 2019
lol, no, thats not accurate.

I recived a follow up today indicating the problem was reproducable, it would be logged, and i would be informed when it was fixed. i did not indicate i was content or whatever...

i suspect there may be a way for me to solve this issue (rebuilding a file or something)....

sigh
Logisticalstyles 12:38 AM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
Cwite,

Your most recent ticket with our Support team was replied to, and seems to have closed without issue - and your last reply in that ticket seemed to indicate you were content.

Luke was saying that Cwite indicated that he was content.
Serato, Support
Luke B 12:40 AM - 19 March, 2019
Hi AKIEM,

Yep, Logisticalstyles is correct, that specific comment was referring to Cwite's post.

I apologise for this confusion - I should've made two separate posts.

Thanks
AKIEM 2:11 AM - 19 March, 2019
ah ok,
i mean "ok"

can we go back to the forum support?

thanks in advance
Cwite 1:26 PM - 19 March, 2019
Hey Luke B

And sorry AKIEM, I don't want to hijack your thread.

Clearly something has gone wrong with my own help request thread then. My last contact from Serato was an automatic response saying that they were waiting on a response from me. I replied to this, saying I was waiting on David, (who has been very helpful btw). My original support ticket was fixed. I was having crash issues and this got solved. The help ticket moved on to performance bugs. This was even before Pro. Most of these bugs ported over to Pro. The thread became so long, that we had to start a new ticket.
My last real contact was me sending a short video, as request by David, of one of the bugs with Flip or Slip (or both) associated with open loop behaviour, this was quite some time ago now. I recorded the issue on the 19th November last year. No contact since, other than the automated response.
When it goes quiet, then a new release comes out, I assume that it's gone quite because of your work load, so i hope that my glitches have been fixed in the new releases. But not the case. And in every beta that I join (and I join most). The bugs are still there. The one I recorded has got even worse. (Flip over an open loop now then brace for the noise!! Previously the play head just got sucked into the loop, now it's an audio artifact) And new ones like when exit serato and turn off my controller whilst its shutting down it causes a crash. This is new.

I will always respond to your support requests for videos, midi files and log data etc, simply because I want Serato to perform perfectly, and if I can help you to tie down bugs, I will.

Most of them I can put up with or work around, but some just bite you on stage when you forget they are there in the heat of performing.
Serato, Support
Luke B 7:51 PM - 19 March, 2019
Hey Cwite,

Thanks for going into further detail. We do appreciate your feedback and I can see you've been very forthcoming with information too!

As suggested, please get back in touch so we can look into the new crash you're experiencing.
YZ 9:07 PM - 19 March, 2019
I remember those small shop days. Zach and the others knew me by 1st name and you could call or email them to get an immediate answer. Those days are out.
AKIEM 10:34 PM - 19 March, 2019
well, seems to me that the forum was more efficient for everyone. If there was an issue it could be found delt with no need for an email response. If you were the first to deal with it others could solve without responding to each. wasnt perfect, but made much more sense to me. if the switch to email is just to hide issues from a public forum - shits wack b
Logisticalstyles 1:43 PM - 20 March, 2019
I think I learned the most by just perusing the help forums when I first started using Serato.
deejdave 8:37 PM - 20 March, 2019
I figured out the issue here. You should have been contacting Serato instead of Serate!!!!
AKIEM 5:56 AM - 21 March, 2019
Quote:
I figured out the issue here. You should have been contacting Serato instead of Serate!!!!

Damn knock offs.