DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Next tune feature

DJDeeeNBee 1:19 PM - 22 July, 2009
Hi
Is there a feature in scratch live where when you take the needle off the record and put it back on the record the next tune appears on the deck (a similar concept to 3 deck mixing but with 2 decks)
Konix 1:39 PM - 22 July, 2009
Well, there's the "next song on flip" option in the setup menu. When you take the needle of the record and flip the record over to the other side and put the needle back on, it will load the next song in the crate.
sixxx 2:44 PM - 22 July, 2009
What Konix said... although I've NEVER EVER seen anyone use that feature. lol
Socross 4:18 PM - 22 July, 2009
I think that feature would be dangerous - what if your needle jumped?
sixxx 4:36 PM - 22 July, 2009
It's not about jumping or not.... it has to do with the program recognizing side A and B
djdaze1 4:56 PM - 22 July, 2009
well that's dumb, what if you use one of the one sided ones like Diplo or Tittsworth or Shibuya?
sixxx 5:17 PM - 22 July, 2009
Well, then obviously that wouldn't work. It's not dumb because when it was designed it, those limited edition CV's weren't out.
sixxx 5:18 PM - 22 July, 2009
... and like I've said. I've never SEEN or even HEARD of anyone using that feature.
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:21 PM - 22 July, 2009
i think this feature is genius although I have never used it. I think I will tomorrow.
DVDjHardy 7:24 PM - 22 July, 2009
Quote:
Well, there's the "next song on flip" option in the setup menu. When you take the needle of the record and flip the record over to the other side and put the needle back on, it will load the next song in the crate.

Will it work if i eject my CD and put it back in? :P
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:28 PM - 22 July, 2009
only if you use the other side ;-)
DVDjHardy 7:29 PM - 22 July, 2009
Haha, it'd be funny if someone does try that!
Socross 8:38 PM - 22 July, 2009
Sixx, I wasn't talking about next song on flip, I was talking about DeeNbees's suggestion of skipping to the next song by just picking up the needle and dropping it again.
sixxx 9:10 PM - 22 July, 2009
Oh yeah, that would be dangerous.
DJDeeeNBee 9:18 PM - 22 July, 2009
hmm
ill try that feature
DJDeeeNBee 9:51 PM - 22 July, 2009
that feature is ok, but i dont tend to use the playlist so if i click on a tune from import, it still selects the default playlist
oh well, i suppose im being a little too picky
BERTO 6:56 AM - 23 July, 2009
the song on flip is funny i think its like giving the impression that you are switching vinyl.
sixxx 6:59 AM - 23 July, 2009
Quote:
the song on flip is funny i think its like giving the impression that you are switching vinyl.

Yup. That's what it's supposed to emulate. I like it. I think that feature should be used in "battles" as it doesn't give you the ease of loading a track super fast just like normal vinyl was.... You're just as fast as you can flip the record. :)