DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Mobile dj prices and pricing factors

djstorm242 4:13 AM - 4 March, 2019
I am interested to hear how other mobile DJs determine how much to charge for events (corporate, receptions, private parties, etc.). Do you have a la carte pricing for some offerings (karaoke, lighting, MCing, etc.)? Do you charge for travel and setup time?
Ollie 8:30 PM - 4 March, 2019
I generally do $100 per hr. basic service. If special lighting is involved ie. gobo or uplights then
you'll need to charge accordingly to cover your out of pocket expense for the gobo. MC'ing service you can also tag on.
djstorm242 9:01 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
I generally do $100 per hr. basic service. If special lighting is involved ie. gobo or uplights then
you'll need to charge accordingly to cover your out of pocket expense for the gobo. MC'ing service you can also tag on.

Thanks, I do like $75 per hr but Im thinking of raising the prices during the summer
dj_soo 1:16 AM - 5 March, 2019
I do $100/hour for the music and then add $200-$400+ for the sound so I can scale depending on the size of the party. A 100 person event requires a whole lot less stuff to bring than a 300 person event.
DJ Reflex 2:02 AM - 5 March, 2019
Find out what other mobile DJ's in your area are charging too. Compare them to your own service (equipment and basic DJ skills) and go from there. I'm within $100 ballpark for comparable DJs in my area with the same gear.

Package pricing, hourly rate, or a la carte is your own preference.