DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane Twelve MK2

DJGator 1:51 AM - 4 March, 2019
So what do the dj community think? InMusic is holding back on us or what . I believe the successor of the Twelve will have a dedicated Reverse switch or button, RCA output and USB port for accessing thumb drive as a stand-alone player with out a laptop and offcourse some type of display for scrolling playlist of course with a slight possibility of shrinking the size of the unit and for $#;+? And giggles some sort of multi colored illuminated pads.
In all actuality this is what they should of giving us from the start. But they are incrementing the tech to us so they can make money from us later with mk2 mk3 etc.
Chino 4:18 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
They are incrementing the tech to us so they can make money from us later with mk2 mk3 etc.

^THIS all day! I would also like a 10" portable version of the Rane 12.
Illiment 4:45 PM - 4 March, 2019
A Rane 10 or even a 7 would be fire.
eugguy 5:34 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:

Yes please
dj_soo 11:07 PM - 4 March, 2019
Everyone does this.

Pioneer has been doing this for decades.

Djing is now closer to tech companies than a pro audio company of old.

In the past, it was about giving you a piece of gear that would last decades if not a lifetime.

Today it’s about incremental updates and keeping the customer craving the latest gear with the latest features.

One way to do that is to artificially remove certain features for future releases or for higher end gear.

Personally, I think it was a design decision to push djs to getting the full package with the 72 as well as keep costs lower.

If and when the SC5000Ms get serato support, there’s always that option.
GusGomez 4:15 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:

why not just get a Denon SC5000M ?
Chino 5:05 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:

IMHO, the Denon sc5000Ms absolutely needs SDJ Pro support. I agree with others in that the scratch algoriddim needs improvement. I also prefer a larger platter (9" or 10") & smaller sized spindle adapter.

The Rane Twelves have that "1200 feel" but there is definitely a need for a more compact portable package in the mobile events community. Rane also needs to address the random stops that have been widely reported (It happened numerous times to a close DJ friend of mine) & the initial "reverse helicopter mode" is NOT a good look for a newly released product.

Maybe a competitor of Rane will release a smaller version of the Rane 12 without bugs before Rane does???!!
GusGomez 5:09 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

IMHO, the Denon sc5000Ms absolutely needs SDJ Pro support. I agree with others in that the scratch algoriddim needs improvement. I also prefer a larger platter (9" or 10") & smaller sized spindle adapter.

The Rane Twelves have that "1200 feel" but there is definitely a need for a more compact portable package in the mobile events community. Rane also needs to address the random stops that have been widely reported (It happened numerous times to a close DJ friend of mine) & the initial "reverse helicopter mode" is NOT a good look for a newly released product.

Maybe a competitor of Rane will release a smaller version of the Rane 12 without bugs before Rane does???!!

Support for the 5000 Ms is coming probably end of the month with the Prime4 support....I can see the size being a little issue but nothing u can’t get use to...except for the Serato implementation the Ms seem like the perfect product
Chino 5:19 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:

Support for the 5000 Ms is coming probably end of the month with the Prime4 support....I can see the size being a little issue but nothing u can’t get use to...except for the Serato implementation the Ms seem like the perfect product

@GusGomez... This time around you can have the honor of testing it out to make sure it all works right! LOL!! Are you planning on selling your 12s to make the switch?
GusGomez 5:26 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

@GusGomez... This time around you can have the honor of testing it out to make sure it all works right! LOL!! Are you planning on selling your 12s to make the switch?

Lol actually yeah the only reason I haven’t done it is because I have a party with a guess dj soon and he only plays on Serato
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:32 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:

Where did you hear that? Soon in InMusic terms could be tomorrow or 2040 or never.

Im active on the Denon Forum.

Denon has been nothing but a huge disappointment when it comes to improving and delivering on the whole change your rider malarkey.

Engine Prime is a piss poor library management tool and they holding off on getting the Ms Serato compatible. What gives?
GusGomez 5:35 PM - 5 March, 2019
According to 3 people that work at Denon the support is coming they’ve answered that question 3 different times on the forum...I agree on the library management I actually use Serato then sync my crates to the engine software but their BPM detection is pure trash
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:39 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
According to 3 people that work at Denon the support is coming they’ve answered that question 3 different times on the forum...I agree on the library management I actually use Serato then sync my crates to the engine software but their BPM detection is pure trash

Pure trash is an understatement.

Its non existence for anything bar techno and house music.
GusGomez 5:42 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I agree I think (and hope) that with the release of the Prime 4they get better at it because right now is pretty annoying....it would be great if you could manage your library in Rekordbox and use the Prime set up.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:49 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree I think (and hope) that with the release of the Prime 4they get better at it because right now is pretty annoying....it would be great if you could manage your library in Rekordbox and use the Prime set up.

Im done hoping.

If they tank with the Prime4 and do not improve Engine Prime they are effed
Illiment 8:29 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

i'd consider ditching the 12s for SC5000M's but as someone already stated, needs serato support.

Also, one sc5000m is the price of 2x Rane 12s lol.

I've taken the 12s out a few times, it's actually not that bad. I do notice the weight difference from turntables (1200s) that 4lbs or whatever it is does make a difference.
YZ 10:02 PM - 5 March, 2019
As soon as the 12s dropped they needed a MK2 version. Wait a year, they'll be here and the OG joints will be selling for 300 on Craig's fist
Chino 10:50 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
As soon as the 12s dropped they needed a MK2 version. Wait a year, they'll be here and the OG joints will be selling for 300 on Craig's list

True. For now, I'm glad I copped the SLDZ MK2 mods to hold me over. I just sold my Denon 3900s so it was an even swap.
05spoof 6:38 PM - 6 March, 2019
As much as I want it to happen..a standalone twelve sounds MAD expensive...the phrase I'll just stick to DVS with those prices comes to mind.

Phase If reliable and works as advertised will be the more obvious choice for most with turntables already... This phase stuff is like SL boxes all over again...until turntable manufactures adopt the tech or come up with their own version and that's where Rane comes in with mark 2 version of the twelve with an added tonearm for vinyl play on top of it's current offerings. A single $899 deck would sell much easier then a single $1499 plus standalone player.

Technically doesn't the twelve with the outlets on the bottom qualify it as an MK2...afterall it is a revision.
Chino 7:04 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Technically doesn't the twelve with the outlets on the bottom qualify it as an MK2...afterall it is a revision.

That's more of a post production modification to help correct a flawed design.

I'd like to see a completely different company's take on a portable version of the Rane Twelve. A product from a company like Roland or Technics. The competition would force prices down, innovative features could be added & it would be a BIG WIN overall for us end users/consumers!
GusGomez 7:08 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I'd like to see a completely different company's take on a portable version of the Rane Twelve. A product from a company like Roland or Technics. The competition would force prices down, innovative features could be added & it would be a BIG WIN overall for us end users/consumers!

I would love for the Technics to do it but base on their pricing just of the name its $1k for just the name once u add components you looking at $2k per deck
05spoof 7:58 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Would have been nice if mk7's had the midi data over usb for twelve like action when the tonearm is parked...although I get the feeling that Technics is happy with letting an accessory product handle those things instead.

Technics won't step in the arena until it starts being implemented into the competitors turntables. "IF" Phase does take off...that or similar technologies will most likely be the main selling feature in the next wave of turntables...No more recharging, no more extra accessory to disconnect and reconnect, and one less things to carry or worry about.

BUT.....standalone mixers is definitely where it's at LOL!
05spoof 8:20 PM - 6 March, 2019
With A standalone 82 the idea of the twelve as it is today makes total sense....but that engine prime though. Hopefully most of it's troubles are ironed out by then.
dj_soo 9:14 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Would have been nice if mk7's had the midi data over usb for twelve like action when the tonearm is parked...although I get the feeling that Technics is happy with letting an accessory product handle those things instead.

Technics won't step in the arena until it starts being implemented into the competitors turntables. "IF" Phase does take off...that or similar technologies will most likely be the main selling feature in the next wave of turntables...No more recharging, no more extra accessory to disconnect and reconnect, and one less things to carry or worry about.

I see 0 advantage to embedding phase tech into a player over a straight hi res midi platter - especially with midi 2.0 coming out soon.

Even without the charging or the extra components, you’re still relying on a wireless signal which introduces latency, and you’re still relying on timecode which has its own set of problems when it comes to things like pitch n time and potential tracking issues and sticker drift.

Phase tech is a compromise in order to still be able to use existing turntables. A directly wired connection sending direct midi signals is always going to be superior to the messy conversion of timecode data to track timeline positioning.
Illiment 9:18 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see 0 advantage to embedding phase tech into a player over a straight hi res midi platter - especially with midi 2.0 coming out soon.

Even without the charging or the extra components, you’re still relying on a wireless signal which introduces latency, and you’re still relying on timecode which has its own set of problems when it comes to things like pitch n time and potential tracking issues and sticker drift.

Phase tech is a compromise in order to still be able to use existing turntables. A directly wired connection sending direct midi signals is always going to be superior to the messy conversion of timecode data to track timeline positioning.

agreed 100%.

Think of the solution that phase is providing. Basically replacing your needles/carts at the end of the day with a superior (hopefully) alternative.

Phase is meant to be used in place of your needles.
Djkom 6:43 AM - 7 March, 2019
Have you seen the latest Rane 12 vinyl with quick release spindle ? In less than 2 sec it is now possible to put in place or release the control vinyl !!!
So Rane can now easily make a kind of hybrid digital/analog turntable, a mix between the RP8000 mk2 and the Rane 12. No more Phase needed 😅
This hybrid product would make sense in inMusic offering than a full standalone media player because of the Denon sc5000m.
Djkom 6:45 AM - 7 March, 2019
A lighter version Rane 10 would also highly appreciated
Illiment 3:17 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
. No more Phase needed 😅

phase IS needed. Or something like it. Analog tonearm/needle/cartridge tech is old, has too many issues and needs to go.
05spoof 10:41 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which is why I said this earlier in the comment.
Quote:
Would have been nice if mk7's had the midi data over usb for twelve like action when the tonearm is parked

When I mentioned similar tech I'm also referring to the twelve....like similar concepts of no needle needed when not playing real vinyl.
AKIEM 1:44 AM - 8 March, 2019
they should get rid of the strip and add buttons (laptop key like buttons not Akai rubber like everyones been brain washed to love)

instead of the strip a scrub knob / library load / pitch

and more midi buttons in general
AKIEM 1:45 AM - 8 March, 2019
whover said phase tech should be added to a deck is on crack (or some type of pills, meth, heroin whatever these days)
DTweed 3:25 AM - 8 March, 2019
Why we need all these feature just f@cking dj and enjoy music. If we want to be creative show it with skills. People were killing it with belt drive tables back in the days with no pitch
GusGomez 3:29 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
Why we need all these feature just f@cking dj and enjoy music. If we want to be creative show it with skills. People were killing it with belt drive tables back in the days with no pitch

You’re 1000% right but these companies wanna charge $1000 for a simple table and idk about u but if I’m paying $1000 I want the best not something I’m gonna have to change in 6 months
DTweed 5:13 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

You’re 1000% right but these companies wanna charge $1000 for a simple table and idk about u but if I’m paying $1000 I want the best not something I’m gonna have to change in 6 months

I feel u and honestly I’m happy with my 1200s. The next best thing to me is an NS7 (or V7 if you wanna use your own mixer) that’s way better than Rane 12. It was just ahead of its time
AKIEM 6:02 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I feel u and honestly I’m happy with my 1200s. The next best thing to me is an NS7 (or V7 if you wanna use your own mixer) that’s way better than Rane 12. It was just ahead of its time

not really.
So Fresh 6:54 AM - 8 March, 2019
I hope Technics do it!

Technically they did already:)

djworx.com

I’ve only had a couple of hour on 12’s and a 72 but it felt like what I recluctantly imagine necrophilia to be feel like:/ lifeless, cold and heavy and sc5000m look like Christmas trees, they need to tone it down, they will not age well.

I have faith that someone is going to make a

Simple
Light
10” minimum
1200 feeling
Software universal

Player that fits the needs of 90% of the the ab dj’s and is actually booth ready.

I think the sc5000m’s are the closet so far
dj_soo 9:41 AM - 8 March, 2019
I prefer the feel of the Twelves to the 5000ms. The 7” platter with that big 45 adaptor thing in the middle isn’t quite enough for me.
GusGomez 12:14 PM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
I prefer the feel of the Twelves to the 5000ms. The 7” platter with that big 45 adaptor thing in the middle isn’t quite enough for me.

I played on the Ms on Wednesday and man they felt really good the Twelve feel good too but the flexibility of not having to use a laptop is very refreshing
Illiment 3:30 PM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:

how'd they feel in terms of responsiveness compared to the twelves?
AKIEM 5:06 PM - 8 March, 2019
i have no clue how 7" could ever feel like 12"...
Rane TWELVE ftw
GusGomez 6:58 PM - 8 March, 2019
ya seen this?

www.instagram.com
ilvit 7:48 PM - 8 March, 2019
i totally agree with TD.Weed... just do what you do,and enjoy it,and kill it with no matter what you use to dj,and enjoy djing...
05spoof 2:18 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
they should get rid of the strip and add buttons (laptop key like buttons not Akai rubber like everyones been brain washed to love)l

You really prefer laptop keys over MPC pads? How would you get different volume levels or even do rolls with lap keys

Quote:

Personally I just want the twelve platter movent over usb in a technics....the pitch play of a vestax one or 8000mk2 wouldn't be necessary but wouldn't be unwelcomed either.

Quote:

I thought the same until I considered either constructing or getting a ring 3D printed that adds 1.5" to 2" to the outer edges of the platter. Then either cut some serato cv's to size or get some 3d printed 8.5" t0 9" discs with the surface like a mixtrack platter for a more slipless grip...unfortunately Engine in it's current state is the only thing keeping me from converting to 5000m's and just going standalone.
AKIEM 4:31 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
they should get rid of the strip and add buttons (laptop key like buttons not Akai rubber like everyones been brain washed to love)l

You really prefer laptop keys over MPC pads? How would you get different volume levels or even do rolls with lap keys

rolls? im not aware of any functions that accept velocity info.

for music productions MPC pads are great. but when there is no velocity they are slightly less precise. just slighty, but still.

ive been using MPCs since mid 90s. fan of Rane 57 and Rane 57mkii and i sure would love a Rane 57mk3 with laptop type buttons.

MPC buttons on cue switches is gimmick. I know people want them but its bright lights loving. Laptop buttons are boring, MPC buttons are hype.
05spoof 5:57 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

for music productions MPC pads are great. but when there is no velocity they are slightly less precise. just slighty, but still.

ive been using MPCs since mid 90s. fan of Rane 57 and Rane 57mkii and i sure would love a Rane 57mk3 with laptop type buttons.

MPC buttons on cue switches is gimmick. I know people want them but its bright lights loving. Laptop buttons are boring, MPC buttons are hype.

Rolls....like in drum rolls or something like a drum roll

I guess with quantize on...one could get away with using lap keys for cue point remixing. Personally I'm just more comfortable with mpc pads because I use to use a 2000....but If they could make switches like these: images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com with the little displays in the keys for mixers, I would be comepletely on board.
AKIEM 6:18 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rolls....like in drum rolls or something like a drum roll

I guess with quantize on...one could get away with using lap keys for cue point remixing. Personally I'm just more comfortable with mpc pads because I use to use a 2000....but If they could make switches like these: images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com with the little displays in the keys for mixers, I would be comepletely on board.

that thing probly cost half a mixer

im super comfortable with Akai pads too. guess i just see hitting DJ buttons different that hitting samples...

another thing. for a precise hit you have to hit pads harder. means you also ha e to kinda look at them. with buttons you can be more precise without hitting them. means you dont have to look at them.
DJGator 12:53 AM - 19 March, 2019
I can see something new dropping equivalent to the rane twelve by Christmas
GusGomez 1:02 AM - 19 March, 2019
Quote:
I can see something new dropping equivalent to the rane twelve by Christmas

They should release something before summer
Bondage 6:19 AM - 6 June, 2019
I like the Twelve is basic. My hands can be everywhere without is touch a button accidentally.... I would like the pitch is visually 8 % and not 10%
YZ 8:57 PM - 6 June, 2019
Twelve's are cool I guess, almost bought a pair but would def consider waiting for a revised version to add all the stuff the community complains about and to fix all the crap that went wrong the 1st time. The price for these as is today is simply not worth it for me.
djvtyme85 2:09 AM - 13 June, 2019
i think the biggest flaw in the rane 12 is its limited to serato and the price. although serato is number they should give it open midi for other software. the price is too high, drop it to $499 a deck if its gonna be serato only and they’ll sell like hot cakes. lastly since there is no tone arm for the life of me i cant figure out why it has a battle orientation. ok sure i get why, but without a tone arm the pitch being to the right feels right.
Laz219 6:43 AM - 13 June, 2019
Given who the 12 was targeted at, I think it makes perfect sense it's in battle orientation.
It might not have the purpose of keeping the tonearm out of the way now but it's just a natural way to work for a lot of people now.

Just look at all the people debating whether all in one controllers should be symmetrical or asymmetrical, because of what's been familiar for so long with cdjs.
dj_soo 6:57 AM - 13 June, 2019
At least the re-release of the 12s let you position the table in club style if you want.

Having been mainly using the SC3900s for a couple years after well over a decade of playing battle style, I actually prefer the pitch on the side these days.

Especially when using a pad mixer like the 72 or an S9, I like being able to ride the pitch while using a finger to hit pads.
Laz219 8:26 AM - 13 June, 2019
Would actually be pretty cool to see it modular like the TTX, so controls can be arranged as you like.
Down to the pad buttons and all.

Not that I would actually expect that to happen, would be interesting though.
DJ GaFFle 11:26 PM - 1 July, 2019
So the whole shibbang is $2700 now. Is it worth it at this point or wait for an MK2 version?
DJ GaFFle 11:26 PM - 1 July, 2019
dj_soo 1:53 AM - 2 July, 2019
Yea, Rane is offering a deal where if you buy a 72 and a twelve, you get the 2nd twelve for free.

I’d say that’s a good deal, except I always felt the Twelves shouldn’t have been more than $500 each anyway...
Djkom 3:42 PM - 2 July, 2019
Strange move from Rane....Either the Rane 12s don't sell well either a new or competitor product is coming ...
Guess we will know after the DJ EXPO event.
DJ Nin 4:45 PM - 2 July, 2019
Quote:
Yea, Rane is offering a deal where if you buy a 72 and a twelve, you get the 2nd twelve for free.

I’d say that’s a good deal, except I always felt the Twelves shouldn’t have been more than $500 each anyway...

Truth. They're definitely overpriced for what they are.

Although, I was considering buying them for a while and they were constantly on backorder at most online retailers. Wondering why Rane is offering this deal now?

I suspect either something new is coming or perhaps sales have declined since the release of Phase.
DJ Ness Nice 3:12 PM - 8 July, 2019
Quote:
Strange move from Rane....Either the Rane 12s don't sell well either a new or competitor product is coming ...

They have to get rid of all the remaining stock before they release MK2. Those that didn't want to jump on the initial release until the bugs are worked out will now jump on the new version and those that didn't want to spend that full amount can now save almost $1k...
Chino 1:02 AM - 10 July, 2019
Quote:

; )
Gio Alex 5:45 PM - 11 July, 2019
Quote:
I always felt the Twelves shouldn’t have been more than $500 each anyway...

Maybe they realized that too.

OR something is in the works.

Makes them shits the size of the V7s and they'll fly off the shelf. People want portability. That's why controllers sell so well. I don't want to carry my technic 1200s to private gigs, why the hell would I want to carry rane 12s. It's almost the same weight.
dj_soo 6:18 PM - 11 July, 2019
I’m hoping for at least a 9” platter, but my guess is they’ll go 7” if that ever comes out.
Chino 6:25 PM - 11 July, 2019
Quote:
I always felt the Twelves shouldn’t have been more than $500 each anyway....

Makes them shits the size of the V7s and they'll fly off the shelf. People want portability. That's why controllers sell so well. I don't want to carry my technic 1200s to private gigs, why the hell would I want to carry rane 12s. It's almost the same weight.

+1!!
dj_soo 6:34 PM - 11 July, 2019
I also wouldn’t mind a plastic housing if it’s quality plastic like on the sc5000s. Saves weight. The sc5000ms feel well built and weigh 15 lbs which is about what I’d be looking for in a portable deck. 20-25 lbs is just too much these days.
Bazingaa 6:26 AM - 15 July, 2019
helped a lot.. new to this forum
WildcardX 11:33 AM - 15 July, 2019
Quote:
I’m hoping for at least a 9” platter, but my guess is they’ll go 7” if that ever comes out.

I think if they do a smaller platter size it may be a 7" or 10" and not 9" because of how hard it is to even get 9" vinyl to go custom and people have been enjoying slapping their own vinyl on the Rane Twelves.
Djkom 2:44 PM - 15 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I think if they do a smaller platter size it may be a 7" or 10" and not 9" because of how hard it is to even get 9" vinyl to go custom and people have been enjoying slapping their own vinyl on the Rane Twelves.

I really hope a 10" !!! 12inchskinz has already customized vinyls for this size !
7" is already covered by the V7, NS7 and sc5000m
WildcardX 1:56 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
I really hope a 10" !!! 12inchskinz has already customized vinyls for this size !

The SC5000M isn't suppported in SDJ Pro yet but if, and let's hope that it does, get the support as it is strange that it is so tardy to the dance. Only then a 7" platter option would be covered so that may narrow it down to a more definite potential for a 10" option from Rane (just my thought)
Djkom 4:06 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

The SC5000M isn't suppported in SDJ Pro yet but if, and let's hope that it does, get the support as it is strange that it is so tardy to the dance. Only then a 7" platter option would be covered so that may narrow it down to a more definite potential for a 10" option from Rane (just my thought)

Also suprised the sc5000m isn't supported yet ...😔

Since it cannot be a technical issue...it's obviously a business issue.
Serato wants Denon DJ to pay more ? Since the sc5000 is already only the platter support has to be implemented and I could understand why Denon DJ doesn't to pay more.
Or Maybe it's because Serato has something else under its umbrella and they don't want support sc5000m before this mysterious motorized controller ?
Or maybe it's inMusic themselves, they want to maximize Rane 12s sales (that could also explain the current promotion) before sc5000m Serato support.

Anyway, WE WANT a Rane 10 with a better design !!!
Gio Alex 4:49 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Anyway, WE WANT a Rane 10 with a better design !!

Seriously right!

For one I still don’t get the pitch placement if there’s no tonearm in the way.
AKIEM 3:41 PM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Anyway, WE WANT a Rane 10 with a better design !!

Seriously right!

For one I still don’t get the pitch placement if there’s no tonearm in the way.

tradition!
Gio Alex 4:21 PM - 17 July, 2019
It’s not really a convenient tradition. Wouldn’t you want a pitch fader closer in reach? These decisions seem weird.

One way was a workaround to avoid knocking the tonearm. But why keep the “tradition” if there’s no tonearm. Why not make it better?
Chino 8:21 PM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:

Or Maybe it's because Serato has something else under its umbrella and they don't want support sc5000m before this mysterious motorized controller ?
Or maybe it's inMusic themselves, they want to maximize Rane 12s sales (that could also explain the current promotion) before sc5000m Serato support.

Patience... ; )
Djkom 8:52 PM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Patience... ; )

Do you have some insights ??? I remember your were teasing a new motorized controller for mobile djs ...
DJ$erpico 5:34 AM - 18 July, 2019
Personnaly i love my 12
But for home

For mobile DJing I will not refuse a 10’’ model, less heavy and a bit smaller
But not under

I will never buy a 7 or 9... too small imo
I want to keep the sensations of my mk5

For me the next revolution : a little screen and include a stand alone playing mode
AKIEM 5:01 PM - 18 July, 2019
Quote:
It’s not really a convenient tradition. Wouldn’t you want a pitch fader closer in reach? These decisions seem weird.

One way was a workaround to avoid knocking the tonearm. But why keep the “tradition” if there’s no tonearm. Why not make it better?

thats the thing about tradition....

also, I personally dont want to adjust after decades of battle style.
but with the chords recessed now, dont think it really matters
Djkom 6:50 PM - 18 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Why do you want new products since you cannot change your "traditional" style ??
YZ 9:35 PM - 18 July, 2019
I'll make this simple, just someone make a hybrid turntable already and get it over with.
AKIEM 11:09 PM - 18 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why do you want new products since you cannot change your "traditional" style ??

You are right. I am going back to pause mixing on cassette.

PEACE!
Djkom 7:08 AM - 19 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PEACE!

You're right !!! I've found the perfect tape player for you with horizontal pitch :
i.redd.it

😂😂😂
DJ$erpico 7:30 AM - 19 July, 2019
Library of Hawkins !??
Gio Alex 11:58 AM - 19 July, 2019
Lmao
AKIEM 6:12 PM - 19 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PEACE!

You're right !!! I've found the perfect tape player for you with horizontal pitch :
i.redd.it

😂😂😂

sheet fr, I just copped one off ebay
boom
DJGator 4:04 AM - 26 July, 2019
I took the plunge bought one rane 12 to run instant doubles with my 72. $550 not bad
Bazingaa 12:31 PM - 28 July, 2019
cool
Djkom 12:27 PM - 15 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Patience... ; )

So Dj Expo is almost finished and no explanations for the Rane 72+12 promotion ...

When Denon did the rebates on the 5000, 5000M and 1800 it was to announce the new price and to introduce the Prime4.

Still have to wait September ???

I want so hard a Rane 10 !!!
Gio Alex 12:56 PM - 15 August, 2019
Maybe sales weren’t that great is the reason. Personally I think pricing them better would’ve made more sense than having to purchase the entire package.
Chino 2:55 PM - 15 August, 2019
Quote:
Maybe sales weren’t that great is the reason. Personally I think pricing them better would’ve made more sense than having to purchase the entire package.

I agree! I tested them out again at the DJ Expo. As much as I love the concept, I was NOT impressed with the performance or feel of the 12s. They are good BUT not 'replace my 1200s good'. Maybe replacing 1200s is not inMusic Brand's goal? Maybe they are meant as a simple alternative to 1200s that offer the DJ a needless experience?

IMHO, the Rane 12s felt like a sterile version of Technics 1200s with no soul!! It was really disappointing because I wanted to like them.

On the other hand, rockin' PHASE with 1200s has the feel that I ABSOULTELY LOVE!!! Even with all the launch delays & quirks, I prefer Phase.

My predicition... Phase MK2 will become the next industry standard amongst turntablists.

I would give a portable 'Rane 10' consideration IF inMusic Brand can get the feel right...
DJ Nin 4:04 PM - 16 August, 2019
Phase is still a hot mess though. Lol. If they can get all the issues resolved then it will take off, but they aren't there yet, and seem to be still having a lot of problems.

If Phase does get their shit together I wonder if someone will release a tonearm less turntable specifically to work with Phase.
dj_soo 4:37 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Phase is still a hot mess though. Lol. If they can get all the issues resolved then it will take off, but they aren't there yet, and seem to be still having a lot of problems.

If Phase does get their shit together I wonder if someone will release a tonearm less turntable specifically to work with Phase.

What? No, that's not going to happen. Some of y'all are overestimating this phase thing. It's something that's there to extend the life of existing turntables. No one's going to buy a $300 controller that only works with a $400 device that relies on wireless and battery power.

Better chance that someone releases a version of the Twelve that isn't way overpriced.
Gio Alex 4:47 PM - 16 August, 2019
Phase is just a phase lol
DJ Nin 5:02 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

What? No, that's not going to happen. Some of y'all are overestimating this phase thing. It's something that's there to extend the life of existing turntables. No one's going to buy a $300 controller that only works with a $400 device that relies on wireless and battery power.

Better chance that someone releases a version of the Twelve that isn't way overpriced.

I get that it sounds Chris Bridges to you, but Is it really that different than buying a $1000+ controller that only works with Serato though?

With or without a tonearm, a turntable is always going to feel a lot more like a turntable than a mid controller designed to replicate a turntable.

Say you bought the 4 pack of Phase, and these mythical turntables sell at 200-300 a piece, you're looking at approximately $1250 all in. Still cheaper than a set of Rane 12s.

Granted, at this point it would be a huuuuuuge gamble for any company to release a turntable that is 100% reliant on Phase. But if Phase get to the point where they are trusted by DJs at a Serato level of confidence you never know.

Not saying it's going to happen, but I've witnessed a lot crazier shit happen in my lifetime.
Chino 6:32 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:

@Roland- Are you listening & paying close attention to your potential end user base?????
Djkom 11:36 PM - 16 August, 2019
Meanwhile, some genius are making dope protypes of really impressive piece of digital portable turntable:

www.instagram.com

It's like a mini QFO 😍😍😍
Gio Alex 12:10 AM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
Meanwhile, some genius are making dope protypes of really impressive piece of digital portable turntable:

www.instagram.com

It's like a mini QFO 😍😍😍

Wow, and running off a portable battery at that
dj_soo 10:03 AM - 17 August, 2019
It's built off of this kit: djworx.com

Essentially an open source portable scratching device that people can customize how they want.

I'd totally buy one with a spinning platter. If someone could mod a pitch fader into it as well, you could essentially use a pair to dj from USBs, although you'd probably want to mod an interface to be able to select tracks.
Cyberluke 10:22 AM - 22 August, 2019
So, DJ Expo already gone. Any news about Twelve mk2?
Djkom 6:07 PM - 27 August, 2019
Interesting poll :

www.facebook.com

Vote and comment we want a 10" motorized controller !!!

This poll could also explain why the sc5000m is still not supported in SDJ
Gio Alex 6:12 PM - 27 August, 2019
I’d go for that V7 MK2
Logisticalstyles 8:26 PM - 27 August, 2019
A V7 MK2 would be dope. Of course they would start toying with that idea the day after I break down and order the Twelve.
Chino 10:42 PM - 27 August, 2019
Quote:
Interesting poll :

www.facebook.com

Interesting! It makes sense considering Numark just released their Scratch mixer. I guess they need decks to go with the mixer?

I would rather have a Rane branded 10” deck but it seems like it will be released under Numark.
DTweed 6:52 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting poll :

www.facebook.com

Interesting! It makes sense considering Numark just released their Scratch mixer. I guess they need decks to go with the mixer?

I would rather have a Rane branded 10” deck but it seems like it will be released under Numark.

I could be wrong but I thought Rane/Numark was all under the same company now so I wouldn’t think it make much of a difference other than making u feel better mentally but the rane 61/62 were built like crap
Chino 7:38 PM - 28 August, 2019
Quote:
I thought Rane/Numark was all under the same company now

Rane, Numark, Denon, Akai, Marantz & more are all owned by the parent company- inMusic Brand. Supposedly, different companies with different levels of quality/craftsmanship (I HOPE!!!)

Your right though, at this point it's more of a security thing mentally with the Rane brand.
WildcardX 3:09 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I thought Rane/Numark was all under the same company now

Rane, Numark, Denon, Akai, Marantz & more are all owned by the parent company- inMusic Brand. Supposedly, different companies with different levels of quality/craftsmanship (I HOPE!!!)

Your right though, at this point it's more of a security thing mentally with the Rane brand.

All the rest are correct except for Maranatz. The D+M (Denon Marantz) Audio is is owned by Sound United. InMusic owns Denon DJ.

See here:

www.forbes.com
Chino 6:06 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
All the rest are correct except for Maranatz. The D+M (Denon Marantz) Audio is is owned by Sound United. InMusic owns Denon DJ.

My mistake! I meant Marq lighting NOT Marantz. I have a set of Ray Tracer beam lights that are made by inMusic Brand's Marq Lighting.
Detroitbootybass 7:03 PM - 29 August, 2019
They are all the same company using the same employees and same suppliers/manufacturers to make their products... it is just the 'brand' names that are different.
Logisticalstyles 7:31 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

My mistake! I meant Marq lighting NOT Marantz. I have a set of Ray Tracer beam lights that are made by inMusic Brand's Marq Lighting.

According to the signature on their support email I recieved today Denon DJ, Denon Profesional and Marantz Professional are all under the inMusic brand.

inMusic

AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | Head Rush | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | Marq Lighting | MixMeister | Numark| Rane | SONiVOX
DJMIYAGI 7:59 PM - 29 August, 2019
Logisticalstyles 8:12 PM - 29 August, 2019
Hey Miyagi,
I read on the Rane website where you gave the suggestion to use a CD on the platter of the Twelve to get better platter response when scratching and back spinning. Do you do that along with using the spacers? My Twelve didn't come with the spacers and scratching and back spinning is not as good as my 1200's right now.
DJMIYAGI 8:15 PM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
Hey Miyagi,
I read on the Rane website where you gave the suggestion to use a CD on the platter of the Twelve to get better platter response when scratching and back spinning. Do you do that along with using the spacers? My Twelve didn't come with the spacers and scratching and back spinning is not as good as my 1200's right now.

CD only. I actually left the spacers in the boxes and they were not with me so I tried a CD on each platter under the slipmat and it works wonderfully.
Logisticalstyles 8:25 PM - 29 August, 2019
ok, cool. thanks!
DJMIYAGI 8:53 PM - 29 August, 2019
Djkom 10:57 PM - 29 August, 2019

Private account
DJMIYAGI 6:34 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:

Private account

Just a quick vid showing how well a CD works compared to the washers
Djkom 8:01 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Private account

Can you upload this vid in Youtube ?
DJMIYAGI 8:40 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Private account

Watchwww.youtube.com
Djkom 10:31 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Private account

Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice one 👍🏾

No issue or lag when starting/releasing the vinyl ??
DJMIYAGI 10:56 PM - 30 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Private account

Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice one 👍🏾

No issue or lag when starting/releasing the vinyl ??

Not at all. At least with high torque anyway...
Logisticalstyles 2:15 PM - 3 September, 2019
I tried it with a CD and I didn't get the same results. I ended up going to Walmart and getting some generic washers to add and they work really well.
DJMIYAGI 8:42 PM - 3 September, 2019
Quote:
I tried it with a CD and I didn't get the same results. I ended up going to Walmart and getting some generic washers to add and they work really well.

Are you using butter rugs or the stock slipmats?
Logisticalstyles 12:52 AM - 4 September, 2019
I tried both. I have the Serato Butter Rugs and I tried the stock slipmat.
Logisticalstyles 2:44 PM - 5 September, 2019
I just noticed that my Twelve's 0 point is off. The dots on the strobe don't stand still until half way between the 0 mark and the first mark on the + side. Is there a way to calibrate the pitch on the Twelve? When the pitch is at the 0 mark with the light on the dots on the platter are slowly moving backwards.
Logisticalstyles 7:14 PM - 5 September, 2019
Nevermind. I called Rane and they sent me the steps to calibrate the pitch on the Twelve.
DJMIYAGI 8:39 PM - 5 September, 2019
Quote:
Nevermind. I called Rane and they sent me the steps to calibrate the pitch on the Twelve.

Would you mind sharing with us?
Logisticalstyles 8:46 PM - 5 September, 2019
I haven't tested this yet, but these are the instructions they sent me. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home.

If you are having issues with getting full pitch range, or notice that the neutral ("0" position is off), you can calibrate the Pitch Range fader on your Rane TWELVE.

1. Make sure the Rane TWELVE is powered off and disconnected from the Rane SEVENTY-TWO or your computer's USB.

2. Hold down the three pitch range buttons (8, 16, and 50%) while powering on the Rane TWELVE, and continue to hold until you see three RED LED lights on the Rane Twelve Strip Search, then release.

3. Move the Rane TWELVE Pitch Range fader all the way to the lowest negative position.

4. Move the Rane TWELVE Pitch Range fader all the way to the highest positive position.

5. Move the Rane TWELVE Pitch Range fader back to the neutral "0" position, and press the three Pitch Range buttons (8, 16, and 50%) and the neutral "0" LED on the Pitch Range fader will flash indicating it has been calibrated.

6. Power off the Rane TWELVE, reconnect to your Rane SEVENTY-TWO or computer's USB, and power back on as normal.
DJMIYAGI 8:52 PM - 5 September, 2019
Quote:
I haven't tested this yet, but these are the instructions they sent me. I'll give it a try tonight when I get home.

If you are having issues with getting full pitch range, or notice that the neutral ("0" position is off), you can calibrate the Pitch Range fader on your Rane TWELVE.

1. Make sure the Rane TWELVE is powered off and disconnected from the Rane SEVENTY-TWO or your computer's USB.

2. Hold down the three pitch range buttons (8, 16, and 50%) while powering on the Rane TWELVE, and continue to hold until you see three RED LED lights on the Rane Twelve Strip Search, then release.

3. Move the Rane TWELVE Pitch Range fader all the way to the lowest negative position.

4. Move the Rane TWELVE Pitch Range fader all the way to the highest positive position.

5. Move the Rane TWELVE Pitch Range fader back to the neutral "0" position, and press the three Pitch Range buttons (8, 16, and 50%) and the neutral "0" LED on the Pitch Range fader will flash indicating it has been calibrated.

6. Power off the Rane TWELVE, reconnect to your Rane SEVENTY-TWO or computer's USB, and power back on as normal.

Thanks! Going to check my Twelves tonite to make sure they are properly calibrated.
slimmjimm 9:44 PM - 5 September, 2019
I’m going to try this too. Sometimes it seems off.
Logisticalstyles 1:08 PM - 6 September, 2019
It worked for me. For step number 2 I only saw 2 red LEDs instead of 3. Everything else went according to their instructions.
DJMIYAGI 3:01 PM - 6 September, 2019
Quote:
It worked for me. For step number 2 I only saw 2 red LEDs instead of 3. Everything else went according to their instructions.

Same here. Only 2 red lights
Chino 3:44 PM - 9 September, 2019
NI was working on a product (before all the layoffs) that has what I'm looking for in a MK2...

djworx.com

There is a video link in the comments section: Traktor J1. This is exactly what I would like but a Serato version @Roland @Reloop @PioneerDJ. Maybe use the jogs from the DDJ-1000 or DJ-808. A portable motorized deck version could also be made @Rane @inMusicBrand.
dj_soo 5:35 PM - 9 September, 2019
that video is obviously fake. Looks like someone just took an S4 Mk3 and edited out the rest of the controller in a sloppy way.

Not saying I don't want something like that tho.

Jogs look a little too small on the S4 - still hoping someone makes a 10" version. Rane, Numark, Reloop, Mixars, I don't care who as long as it's reliable and well built.
Chino 6:20 PM - 9 September, 2019
Quote:
Not saying I don't want something like that tho.

Jogs look a little too small on the S4 - still hoping someone makes a 10" version. Rane, Numark, Reloop, Mixars, I don't care who as long as it's reliable and well built.

Hopefully, we will have a pre Christmas or NAMM 2020 announcement on a MK2.

I have also (not so secretly) hoped for a standalone Maschine. It doesn't look like that will ever happen now. ; (
DJ GaFFle 9:15 PM - 30 September, 2019
I'm on a DJ'ing hiatus but would come out the pocket instantly for a Rane Ten turntable. I held off on the Twelve due to the initial newness and size. I want a little more portability than a typical 1200.

Come on Rane, a 10" turntable controller... no 7".
Chino 4:06 PM - 1 October, 2019
Quote:
I'm on a DJ'ing hiatus but would come out the pocket instantly for a Rane Ten turntable. I held off on the Twelve due to the initial newness and size. I want a little more portability than a typical 1200.

Come on Rane, a 10" turntable controller... no 7".

+1!!
dj_soo 5:34 PM - 1 October, 2019
Rane Ten for ~$500 weighing about 15lbs would be fantastic - especially if they can get it the about same size as an SC5000M so we can use cases already in production (and not have to wait for new cases).
Djkom 5:46 PM - 1 October, 2019
15lbs is too much, the sc3900 is 12lbs, so a pure midi motorized controller should be 11lbs or less.
For the size, something that fits in sc5000m/cdj2000 bag would be perfect 😍
dj_soo 6:42 PM - 1 October, 2019
The SC5000M is 15lbs and it was built with more metal than the super plasticy 3900s. Most of the weight is going to be the motor anyway and I'd be happy with something that feels closer to the 5000M than the 3900 honestly - even if it means a couple more pounds of weight.

The odyssey case I'm using for my 3900s fit the 5000Ms perfectly as well.
Illiment 6:03 PM - 4 October, 2019
Quote:
Rane Ten for ~$500 weighing about 15lbs would be fantastic - especially if they can get it the about same size as an SC5000M so we can use cases already in production (and not have to wait for new cases).

THIS
DJ GaFFle 3:28 PM - 21 October, 2019
Quote:
The SC5000M is 15lbs and it was built with more metal than the super plasticy 3900s. Most of the weight is going to be the motor anyway and I'd be happy with something that feels closer to the 5000M than the 3900 honestly - even if it means a couple more pounds of weight.

The odyssey case I'm using for my 3900s fit the 5000Ms perfectly as well.

Too much plastic isn't cool; that was always a turnoff to me on the 3900's. A 10" size controller with Denon NS7 metal build quality or typical Rane quality would be right on time. I'm not sure what the build quality of the Twelve is but don't go cheap...
DJ GaFFle 5:21 PM - 30 October, 2019
^^^ Ooops... Numark NS7 metal build quality.
So Fresh 2:09 PM - 2 November, 2019
I completely sold on the 12’s now:/

Changed the matts out polished the platters and really loving the mag faders

Gonna sell my dz’s

For cutting the 12” platter makes it more enjoyable

I believe the cue pad strip is positioned wrong but apart from that they are solid. Possibly too solid a lighter would be handy
MajorERC 5:39 PM - 12 April, 2020
DjSAB_PL 12:28 AM - 13 April, 2020
Rane should make 10 or 7” platter controller with pads, loops, fx and audio interface with 2 deck outputs like numark v7.
DjSAB_PL 12:31 AM - 13 April, 2020
And 4-ch controller like NS7 III with all magnetic faders
Logisticalstyles 1:23 PM - 13 April, 2020
Hopefully that new knob will be able to scroll through the library and load songs. Maybe even the ability to set and trigger loops.
DJMIYAGI 3:00 PM - 13 April, 2020
Quote:
Hopefully that new knob will be able to scroll through the library and load songs.

It definitely says Scroll/Load underneath the encoder.
DJMIYAGI 5:23 PM - 13 April, 2020
Looks like the new text for the upper right controls read:
BACK
SCROLL/LOAD
INSTANT DOUBLES

That's what I'm seeing anyways :)
Logisticalstyles 6:25 PM - 13 April, 2020
That Instant Doubles button would make me consider getting the MKII depending on price.
DJMIYAGI 6:48 PM - 13 April, 2020
Quote:
That Instant Doubles button would make me consider getting the MKII depending on price.

Probably $799 like the MK1
teemac111 2:55 AM - 1 May, 2020
Quote:
Im coppin as soon as the open up preorders
Logisticalstyles 12:53 PM - 1 May, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Im coppin as soon as the open up preorders

Hopefully that will be soon. I was going to buy another Rane Twelve yesterday and they are out of stock at zzounds and AMS.
djhouse 5:05 PM - 1 May, 2020
I have a feeling once the buy one get one half-off sale is over, the MKII will drop not long after. I am going to wait it out.
teemac111 5:24 PM - 1 May, 2020
Quote:
I have a feeling once the buy one get one half-off sale is over, the MKII will drop not long after. I am going to wait it out.

Yep..exactly what im thinking as well
Chino 2:30 PM - 4 May, 2020
Quote:

Maybe an announcement right before the DJ Expo in August?? That way Rane can demo the improvements to DJs at the Expo.
Bondage 8:09 PM - 4 May, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe an announcement right before the DJ Expo in August?? That way Rane can demo the improvements to DJs at the Expo.

pitty they not changed the pitch to 8 ... I wish it was like a technics
djhouse 8:18 PM - 4 May, 2020
All of the authorized dealers are out of stock so it would appear they (Rane) are trying to ensure the old models have been sold then release the MKII model. The 72 will come out as an MKII later this month so it wouldn’t make sense to continue selling the older version of the 12 when the majority of customers would want the upgraded model.
teemac111 9:47 PM - 4 May, 2020
Quote:
All of the authorized dealers are out of stock so it would appear they (Rane) are trying to ensure the old models have been sold then release the MKII model. The 72 will come out as an MKII later this month so it wouldn’t make sense to continue selling the older version of the 12 when the majority of customers would want the upgraded model.

Rane 72 mk2?? Where did hear that?
djhouse 11:11 PM - 4 May, 2020
I just hope where I got it from is true and I don’t want to spread fake news to anyone. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks when manufacturing restarts to near regular levels.
Cj Da Dj 3:33 AM - 5 May, 2020
Isn’t the supply chain weakened by the pandemic? will we actually see newly developed gear manufactured and shipped ?
dj_soo 3:36 AM - 5 May, 2020
Asia is getting back on track and that's where most of it is manufactured. America has a government that's putting corporations and money over the lives of their people so chances are they will be able to get their goods as well.
funkyfresh2012 1:26 AM - 8 May, 2020
Decisions decisions decisions... buy MK1 now and save money or wait for MK2.
djhouse 1:43 AM - 8 May, 2020
I’ve seen on some websites availability dates for the twelve in June 2020, some July. The sale is over May 31st. Maybe the MKII will drop then which would be a win for the customer and Rane. It would be senseless to buy the old model regardless of discount if the new model is released unless the updates (which none of us know what they are) aren’t worth spending an extra $400. I’d rather pay for the MKII.
Logisticalstyles 2:57 PM - 8 May, 2020
Quote:
Decisions decisions decisions... buy MK1 now and save money or wait for MK2.

Same here. I already have one Twelve and was ready to buy the second one last week but they are sold out. I'll still keep my current Twelve but I would love to have the MK II for my second deck. Until then I am using one Twelve and one 1200.
DJ NightLife 10:01 PM - 13 May, 2020
Quote:
I’ve seen on some websites availability dates for the twelve in June 2020, some July. The sale is over May 31st. Maybe the MKII will drop then which would be a win for the customer and Rane. It would be senseless to buy the old model regardless of discount if the new model is released unless the updates (which none of us know what they are) aren’t worth spending an extra $400. I’d rather pay for the MKII.

Where have you seen this?
Ben W1 4:22 PM - 15 May, 2020
Quote:

There has been no news of a 72 mk2 being released. It wouldn’t even make sense. What are you talking about? A typo maybe?
dj_soo 9:19 PM - 15 May, 2020
Probably not an official mk2, but possibly a refresh led 72 with the magfour and a couple tweaks? They released I believe 3 versions of the Twelve before this mk2 surfaced - first with the lack vinyl and plugs in the back, 2nd with the white acrylic plates and the plugs under, and third with black vinyl but the quick release plates.

This is all speculation mind you...
Logisticalstyles 2:21 AM - 18 May, 2020
I think the Twelve may be coming out very soon. I just noticed the zzounds and american mucial website state the Rane Twelve is no longer available for sale. They even removed some pictures of it from the sites. Not even used or refurbished. Last week it said more would be in stock soon.
djhouse 5:32 AM - 20 May, 2020
I found a set at Guitar Center today and they just got four of them in. The salesperson told me the MKII model was coming out but the date keeps getting pushed back and Rane is being whisper quiet and not giving out any new info so I jumped on these and have a 6 month return policy due to COVID so if the MKII model comes out I can return these and get the new ones.
djvtyme85 2:03 AM - 22 May, 2020
Earlier today I was going to plug the trigger before the deadline and order a set while the sale was going, but quickly found out I waited too long to decide. According to my salesperson the Rane Twelve is sold and have been officially discontinued. I could not get confirmation on a MK2 model being released, but I'm sure it's coming soon. However, I wish they had kept up production on the first model because I still think there was a market for it at a lower price point. Not trying to pay $1600 for essentially a controller deck, might as well stick with my turntables. Yes, I see the pros of the unit but I still like to play actual records and on other software.
djhouse 2:28 AM - 22 May, 2020
Call around to Guitar Centers. Even though on line it might say out of stock, but they still may have some or send you to a store that does. I got two of the last upgraded model for $1198 with tax included. Musicians Friend is part of Guitar Center and it shows they are in Stock but you need to hurry.
Ben W1 2:53 AM - 22 May, 2020
Quote:
Earlier today I was going to plug the trigger before the deadline and order a set while the sale was going, but quickly found out I waited too long to decide. According to my salesperson the Rane Twelve is sold and have been officially discontinued. I could not get confirmation on a MK2 model being released, but I'm sure it's coming soon. However, I wish they had kept up production on the first model because I still think there was a market for it at a lower price point. Not trying to pay $1600 for essentially a controller deck, might as well stick with my turntables. Yes, I see the pros of the unit but I still like to play actual records and on other software.

Quote:
Call around to Guitar Centers. Even though on line it might say out of stock, but they still may have some or send you to a store that does. I got two of the last upgraded model for $1198 with tax included. Musicians Friend is part of Guitar Center and it shows they are in Stock but you need to hurry.

I got an email from agiprodj today that they were selling b stock pairs for $1000. I pulled the trigger right away. No tax to California.
Ben W1 2:54 AM - 22 May, 2020
I got an email from agiprodj today that they were selling b stock pairs for $1000. I pulled the trigger right away. No tax to California.

Forgot to mention that I got a tracking number within 2 hours. They are awesome
DJ Unique 3:07 AM - 22 May, 2020
Quote:

Forgot to mention that I got a tracking number within 2 hours. They are awesome

AGI Pro DJ is awesome...
I order most of my gear from them.
djhouse 3:18 AM - 22 May, 2020
I had my Twelves on back order with them and when I saw a local store with them I just jumped on them. You can't go wrong with AGIPRODJ. I have my Seventy on order with them. The new release date on their site is July now. I will just use my DDj1000SRT until I get my 12. I am impatient when it comes to getting my gear but I have no choice but to wait now.
DJ NightLife 9:22 PM - 17 June, 2020
Anyone has new information?
djhouse 12:47 AM - 18 June, 2020
Yes, look at the Rane Official forum on Facebook, I joined. I put a picture of the MKII on there, full face view so there is no more guessing and you can see the additional buttons. As for when it comes out, I have no clue. It's pretty much certain at this late in the game it is the official version but Rane is not commenting so I guess we all will have to wait..
DJMIYAGI 2:43 PM - 18 June, 2020
Rane told me the Mag 4 is coming out for 72 users in Aug. Maybe the 12mkii will be officially announced around that time...
dj_soo 2:09 AM - 19 June, 2020
Any word on pricing?
DJMIYAGI 5:24 PM - 19 June, 2020
Quote:
Any word on pricing?

Unfortunately not. Was told the firmware to allow the Mag 4 compatibility for the 72 and the faders themselves will be available in August and that's all I got.
Hugabone 8:14 PM - 4 July, 2020
They must be coming out with the Rane Twelves soon because you can get two Rane Twelve MK1's for $899 at GC.
Logisticalstyles 10:30 PM - 4 July, 2020
I'm surprised they still have them in stock and ready to ship. Most other places are sold out. I've been trying to get one since early March, but once I saw the MKII that Jeff was using I've decided to wait it out.
Thundercat 12:24 AM - 5 July, 2020
I tried to put 2 in my cart, said sold out
funkyfresh2012 5:08 AM - 5 July, 2020
Quote:
They must be coming out with the Rane Twelves soon because you can get two Rane Twelve MK1's for $899 at GC.

I dont see it
Hugabone 1:27 PM - 5 July, 2020
Try locally if you can.
Logisticalstyles 1:31 PM - 5 July, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I dont see it

That's crazy. When I posted my reply yesterday I checked the website and they were available for $500 each. Hopefully, the sooner the old ones sellout, the sooner we can get the MKIIs.
funkyfresh2012 7:36 PM - 5 July, 2020
Yeah. None locally. Would have been a good deal regardless of the new model coming out soon. I don’t see anything game changing in the MK2 to justify the retail pricing vs the clearance pricing.
djvtyme85 1:51 AM - 6 July, 2020
Quote:

yea i paid $1000 two months ago for a pair. i was fine with it bc i dont feel they’re more than $500 each. hell they really should’ve been that to begin with due to their limitations.
DJ123 5:12 PM - 16 July, 2020
I would be nice if Rane let you swamp out your Rane 12 for the Rane MK2 and just pay shipping
dj_soo 5:15 PM - 16 July, 2020
It would be nice if Apple just gave me a new computer every year
DJ Unique 5:44 AM - 17 July, 2020
Quote:
I would be nice if Rane let you swamp out your Rane 12 for the Rane MK2 and just pay shipping

Quote:
It would be nice if Apple just gave me a new computer every year

LOL

It would be nice if Lexus would let me swap out my car every year.
punchisdj 1:19 PM - 17 July, 2020
It would be nice if _________ would let me swap out
my _________ every year. 😃
slimmjimm 5:10 PM - 17 July, 2020
Quote:
It would be nice if my wife would let me swap out
my my wife every year. 😃

JK LOVE ❤️ YOU HONEY!!!
DJMIYAGI 8:26 PM - 17 July, 2020
Planet DJ seems pretty confident the MK2 is coming soon
www.planetdj.com
DJ Y-Not 7:03 PM - 3 August, 2020
Quote:
I'm surprised they still have them in stock and ready to ship. Most other places are sold out. I've been trying to get one since early March, but once I saw the MKII that Jeff was using I've decided to wait it out.

Me too... I tried buying a pair the 1st week of May. I am tired of waiting it out but have no choice.
Djkom 9:47 AM - 5 August, 2020
drive.google.com

It's around the corner 😉
Djkom 9:51 AM - 5 August, 2020
I guess the "Hold for DVS Mode" button will allow the Rane 12 MKII to be used by all DVS software like sc3900 hybrid mode.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:33 PM - 5 August, 2020
Quote:
drive.google.com

It's around the corner 😉

Quote:
I guess the "Hold for DVS Mode" button will allow the Rane 12 MKII to be used by all DVS software like sc3900 hybrid mode.

Or they implemented the same idea that phase is planning DVS via USB.

The twelves don’t have rca outs
Djkom 3:36 PM - 5 August, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
drive.google.com

It's around the corner 😉

Quote:

Phase has a special partnership with Serato to implement HID....I really doubt the Rane 12 MKII will have the same support with the other DVS companies.

So I think the Rane12 MKII has rca outs
Cj Da Dj 3:52 PM - 5 August, 2020

There’s no audio processing going on in the rane 12. No audio outs. It’s all midi based.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:35 PM - 5 August, 2020
Heard some grumblings about a Rane 72 MK2.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
drive.google.com

It's around the corner 😉

Quote:

Phase has a special partnership with Serato to implement HID....I really doubt the Rane 12 MKII will have the same support with the other DVS companies.

Can you confirm ?
Djkom 5:01 PM - 5 August, 2020
What ???? there's also a Rane 72 MKII ???? no way, the mixer is just 3 years old and the 70 has just drop in stores.

RCA or not what are your speculations about this DVS button in the 12 MKII ?
AKIEM 8:06 PM - 5 August, 2020
Quote:
What ???? there's also a Rane 72 MKII ???? no way, the mixer is just 3 years old and the 70 has just drop in stores.

wha?
dj_soo 8:44 PM - 5 August, 2020
2-3 years seems to be the InMusic product turnover. The SC5000 Prime came out in 2017 and the 6000s are just about ready to ship.
Djkom 2:22 PM - 6 August, 2020
Rane 72 MKII and 12 MKII confirmed !!

www.rane.com

www.rane.com

And the 12 MKII has finally RCA outs ;-)
Cj Da Dj 2:35 PM - 6 August, 2020
I was wrong about the audio outs. My bad. MK2 sending control signal out to be used with any software. Dope!!
Logisticalstyles 3:01 PM - 6 August, 2020
Finally!
AKIEM 3:41 PM - 6 August, 2020
believe it or not - the new start/stop button is the only thing I am checking for.

still dont like the strip

sad no midi buttons
TelosHedge 3:51 PM - 6 August, 2020
I'm so confused. Why not just implement the Twelves' HID mode into Traktor/RB/VDJ through USB? Is timecode faster? More accurate? Higher resolution?

I would love some opinions - or for Rane to send me a pair so i can AB them myself.
Dubbylabby 4:03 PM - 6 August, 2020
Quote:
I'm so confused. Why not just implement the Twelves' HID mode into Traktor/RB/VDJ through USB? Is timecode faster? More accurate? Higher resolution?

I would love some opinions - or for Rane to send me a pair so i can AB them myself.

Not, just proprietary technology (the motorized hid in each software) and using "hybrid mode" (this was on the old denons...) you can be compatible with more DVS systems (rekordbox, djplayer...) and there is no need to bugfix issues related to "vinyl control" on those third party (meanwhile the rest of midi control is basically done).

So until all the brands set an standard (what never done for DVS) or merge themselves into one... this is probably the nearest solution revenue vs cost wise. That's why phase gone that route in first place and without "partnershipping" it will not work better than "own" solutions (say s4mk3, say twelve mk2, say whatever...)

I could be wrong but as you pointed, aside that, it doesn't makes sense being HID better solution (if not why Serato will not implemented it for themselves or Traktor for themselves... and if it's done why not improve the system since DVS requires high CPU demands vs HID which is the mouse protocol ...)
Dj Shamann 4:52 PM - 6 August, 2020
At a quick glance, what are the improvements to the 72 (besides the software/parameter buttons, which I imagine will be an update available for 1st gen), looks like the Mag 4 faders and the tension adjust, anything else?
TelosHedge 4:54 PM - 6 August, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Not, just proprietary technology (the motorized hid in each software) and using "hybrid mode" (this was on the old denons...) you can be compatible with more DVS systems (rekordbox, djplayer...) and there is no need to bugfix issues related to "vinyl control" on those third party (meanwhile the rest of midi control is basically done).

So until all the brands set an standard (what never done for DVS) or merge themselves into one... this is probably the nearest solution revenue vs cost wise. That's why phase gone that route in first place and without "partnershipping" it will not work better than "own" solutions (say s4mk3, say twelve mk2, say whatever...)

I could be wrong but as you pointed, aside that, it doesn't makes sense being HID better solution (if not why Serato will not implemented it for themselves or Traktor for themselves... and if it's done why not improve the system since DVS requires high CPU demands vs HID which is the mouse protocol ...)

Thank you for this, I honestly didn't expect to get such a lucid unbiased answer so quickly!

I'm interested to try them for the differences in feel - the rest of these new features are completely irrelevant to me. If it's just a matter of compatibility then I'll know I don't need the new ones.
dj_soo 6:31 PM - 6 August, 2020
Quote:
At a quick glance, what are the improvements to the 72 (besides the software/parameter buttons, which I imagine will be an update available for 1st gen), looks like the Mag 4 faders and the tension adjust, anything else?

EQs are changed to the Seventy style so it's easier to see in the dark.

There's also some new internal features - you can now set your parameter buttons for the hot cue page to a sync feature or silent cue, or a custom mapping without overriding the rest of the pages.

There's also a feature to dim the pad and button lighting and you are supposed to be able to use the 2nd set of inputs for DVS as well. The effects may or may not be updated to the Seventy engine. Also I think the screen is slightly different, but it's still not the smoothest in the world - especially with waveforms zoomed in.

Biggest update is the faders. Probably not a whole lot of reason to update to the MK2 if you already own the MK1 - especially since you can just get the magfour faders for it (although the external tension is nice).

Been working on a review of the units for the last week and a half and can finally talk about it now...
Bondage 7:55 PM - 6 August, 2020
I did update 72 firmware and seems the echo is also way more powerful. Nice firmware and new options that are also on the 72 mk2 ....

BUT for those who got Innofader ... Since the update my innofader does not work anymore. Thats shit because i not have time to find what it is. Maybe you guys know this because you have same issue?
dj_soo 8:08 PM - 6 August, 2020
I heard you have to put the MagThree back in there, do the update, and then reinstall the innofader
Dj Shamann 10:12 PM - 6 August, 2020
Quote:
EQs are changed to the Seventy style so it's easier to see in the dark.

There's also some new internal features - you can now set your parameter buttons for the hot cue page to a sync feature or silent cue, or a custom mapping without overriding the rest of the pages.

There's also a feature to dim the pad and button lighting and you are supposed to be able to use the 2nd set of inputs for DVS as well. The effects may or may not be updated to the Seventy engine. Also I think the screen is slightly different, but it's still not the smoothest in the world - especially with waveforms zoomed in.

Biggest update is the faders. Probably not a whole lot of reason to update to the MK2 if you already own the MK1 - especially since you can just get the magfour faders for it (although the external tension is nice).

Been working on a review of the units for the last week and a half and can finally talk about it now...

Yeah, I'm not worried about internal features as I heard stuff like silent cue will be in an update for us MK1 users anyway. I already have parameters mapped to instant doubles on one side and standard to another, so stuff like that and different colored EQs are "whatever" to me.

Since I can swap out to a Mag Four fader anyway, other than the tension adjust, I'm cool with sticking to my MK1 for now.

Are you going to post your review?
Dj Shamann 10:15 PM - 6 August, 2020
Quote:
I did update 72 firmware and seems the echo is also way more powerful. Nice firmware and new options that are also on the 72 mk2 ....

So the new features are available already? I updated a version or two ago and it was buggy for me, so I went back to 2.20 for the time being.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:22 PM - 6 August, 2020
Quote:
I heard you have to put the MagThree back in there, do the update, and then reinstall the innofader

Did they add bpm synced effects for standalone sources? Or still tapping?
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:24 PM - 6 August, 2020
Will be lovely to be able to pair them with the 6000M in standalone.

Also when using standalone can one use the pads for FX?

Just like I can currently do with the S9 🤓
Dubbylabby 11:06 PM - 6 August, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for this, I honestly didn't expect to get such a lucid unbiased answer so quickly!

I'm interested to try them for the differences in feel - the rest of these new features are completely irrelevant to me. If it's just a matter of compatibility then I'll know I don't need the new ones.

I can be wrong (I'm often and then someone more techie educate me but after more than 17 years dealing with dvs, arduinized cdx (and get my post closed in the old Serato forums just for sharing how we did it) and some study about the whole "system" I can't imagine another answer. But I can be wrong, sure.
ITOH I was also pointing some things about why denons work better in their internal mode than as serato controller related to the fact internal mode can read the second encoder (the one attached to the motor itself) so it could be possible these "flutter" (or whatever related to motor platter vs the digital vinyl over it (with its own encoder) can be "algorised" better than just the digital vinyl one that seems serato can access. I think there wasn't an answer after that... and who knows if they are implemented some improvements too in this mk2 (not by my advice but by their own experience and expertise since from idea to stores it goes more than a year, don't get fooled by market releases... mk2 was in the process probably before mk1 hit the stores...)

BTW it will be amazing to some brand releasing an standalone box with DVS, USB host and screeen (with a rockchip embed platform or similar) capable of running dj software standalone and avoid computer... if not Serato full iPad app... it's possible since first iPad and nowadays iPad apps are more powerful than Serato itself in features (just look at DjPlayer which get DVS working with iPad1 back in the days or Djay Pro with AI Neural Stem splitting...)

Just sayin'...
dj_soo 11:06 PM - 6 August, 2020
review here: djtechtools.com/2020/08/05/review-ranes-new-twelve-mkii-seventy-two-mk
ii/
dj_soo 11:07 PM - 6 August, 2020
Dubbylabby 11:38 PM - 6 August, 2020
It seems improved sticker drift efforts put on these. Congrats and I will love to see comparisons and tests.
desmorider 4:10 AM - 7 August, 2020
Quote:

That doesn't work. If you do the firmware with mag3 and put the innofader back in, the innofader is not recognized. Innofader says that they need to supply people that have the Og innofader for the 72 with a new small board that comes with the fader. If you purchased your innofader in the last month and the box says Rane 70 and 72, the firmware update will work without a board replacement.
Bondage 10:24 AM - 7 August, 2020
Also the VU metering is changed. I like it. The dots are not so clise to eachother
Logisticalstyles 2:37 PM - 7 August, 2020

Great review. I think I'll be getting one of the MKII Twelves.
DonMateo 10:44 PM - 7 August, 2020
The MK2 is the same as the MK1 other than the RCA plugs. I wish they would have come out with a new design such as a Rane10. A 10 inch platter for scratch DJs but also big enough and compact to take to shows. I would like to see a nice touch screen for scrolling through music not a 10inch screen like the SC6000 maybe and 7 inch touch screen. A USB port for Flash Drive and a few hotcue effect buttons and we are set!!! Come on Rane!!! Let's get that Rane 10 think of your other DJs who are not scratch DJs. I'm sure the EDM/House DJs would love the Rane 10. MAKE IT HAPPEN
DJMIYAGI 10:48 PM - 7 August, 2020
Mine arrive Monday. Curious to see how the DVS mode is.
Dubbylabby 9:18 AM - 8 August, 2020
Quote:
The MK2 is the same as the MK1 other than the RCA plugs. I wish they would have come out with a new design such as a Rane10. A 10 inch platter for scratch DJs but also big enough and compact to take to shows. I would like to see a nice touch screen for scrolling through music not a 10inch screen like the SC6000 maybe and 7 inch touch screen. A USB port for Flash Drive and a few hotcue effect buttons and we are set!!! Come on Rane!!! Let's get that Rane 10 think of your other DJs who are not scratch DJs. I'm sure the EDM/House DJs would love the Rane 10. MAKE IT HAPPEN

There was the stanton scs.1d but necer took of due software integration (it was ahead its time).

You can get a modded pt01 with integrated dicer for less than this mk2. If you need it digitalised then add Phase dvs to it and you are set. It could work on batteries and so on...
dj_soo 2:49 AM - 9 August, 2020
have you ever tried mixing on a portable turntable? It's not the funnest thing in the world. If you use sync, i guess you're fine.
Dubbylabby 9:07 AM - 9 August, 2020
Quote:
have you ever tried mixing on a portable turntable? It's not the funnest thing in the world. If you use sync, i guess you're fine.

Yes it's the drawback but I forget people could still have concerns about sync use... then I will suggest a denon 3700 as base model for that idea. They start to get proper price on second hand market after being overpriced for years. Even proper modified SLDZ 1200 could be an interesting base model for those 10"...

The problem with those (or any with direct drive) is weight and battery.
Djkom 1:01 PM - 14 August, 2020
Is there anybody here who has received a MKII ?
Some djs have reported that the DVS mode is significantly more accurate/realistic that the HID/USB mode.
Is it true ??? How can this possible ???
Djkom 1:01 PM - 14 August, 2020
Is there anybody here who has received a MKII ?
Some djs have reported that the DVS mode is significantly more accurate/realistic that the HID/USB mode.
Is it true ??? How can this possible ???
Dubbylabby 3:00 PM - 14 August, 2020
Maybe in resolution terms but in latency terms it should be better HID...
DJMIYAGI 9:14 PM - 14 August, 2020
Honestly I don't notice much of a difference between the two. The DVS output is really for those who use software other than Serato. If you have MK1s, no point in buying the MK2s if you use SDJ.
dj_soo 1:28 AM - 15 August, 2020
I think it’s more that it feels more like vinyl - so it’s got a bit of a “catchup” feel than the instantaneous pitch that controllers have.
Dubbylabby 9:37 AM - 15 August, 2020
The moment you simulate audio signal you got a small lag from needle dropping (when you hit cues). It was unpracticable with cdj (they lost the cue point since the soft needed to recalculate it from that ms audio which produces the lag) and even working on it from code, if it’s audio emulation will have drawbacks. If that seems more natural than perfect cueing or people prefer the resolution even with drawbacks like these... it’s beyond my comprehension. There has to be something more (more resolution as pointed or some drawback from digital encoder I’m missing...)
Dj Shamann 8:22 PM - 16 August, 2020
I know this is not a Rane 72 discussion but since I was already in here and I know there are other knowledgable people involved in the discussion, anyone else have a problem with the new 72 firmware? All of a sudden my FX don't work when I route my sampler to one bank.
Dj Shamann 8:26 PM - 16 August, 2020
Also, the low-pass/hi-pass doesn't work.
dj_soo 8:56 PM - 16 August, 2020
do you have the older firmware? try reinstalling the old and then the new again?

The Rane facebook page is a good source as well - much more quick to answer questions than email or their forum.
dj_soo 8:57 PM - 16 August, 2020
Quote:
Honestly I don't notice much of a difference between the two. The DVS output is really for those who use software other than Serato. If you have MK1s, no point in buying the MK2s if you use SDJ.

also, you do get sticker lock back if you use Serato DVS.
Dj Shamann 9:01 PM - 16 August, 2020
Quote:
do you have the older firmware? try reinstalling the old and then the new again?

The Rane facebook page is a good source as well - much more quick to answer questions than email or their forum.

Yeah, I was going to try and roll it back, but ever since I installed the drivers for a Pio controller and used certain settings, I had to revert others when I plug my Rane back in, so I wasn't sure if it was user error today (also a few beers deep already, lol) but the LP/HP is an obvious glitch.
Dj Shamann 9:03 PM - 16 August, 2020
I haven't used social media since this pandemic hit (too many idiotic opinions) 5 months clean, lol, but maybe I'll give the FB page a try.
dj_soo 9:19 PM - 16 August, 2020
you know, I have installed the new FW on my 72, but it hasn't been setup in weeks since I still have the 72 MK2 that was sent to me for my review - I'll double check with mine.
dj_soo 9:22 PM - 16 August, 2020
no problems with mine - you install the new device manager as well?
dj_soo 9:23 PM - 16 August, 2020
I noticed a bug too where if you install the latest device manager, serato will pop up the "new driver" window and get you to install the old one - ignore that.
Dj Shamann 9:28 PM - 16 August, 2020
Quote:
I noticed a bug too where if you install the latest device manager, serato will pop up the "new driver" window and get you to install the old one - ignore that.

It was giving me the "new driver message" I did install at first, but I just uninstalled and went back to Serato 2.2

Haven't rolled back the firmware yet (can't remember how to do it) but I wanted to see if it was an issue across the board or isolated.
Dj Shamann 9:31 PM - 16 August, 2020
It's weird because I noticed recently when I did some updates, my right gain was hotter than the left. I meant to roll back but I wanted to see the new features for the mixer first, but truth is, I set silent cues anyway and use mid-mapped custom parameters for instant doubles so there was really no need.
dj_soo 5:59 AM - 17 August, 2020
I like mapping key shifting to the parameter buttons without overriding the rest of the pages.

The effects are better as well and i would find the pad dimmer useful if I were still gigging :/
Hollywood DJ 1:04 PM - 17 August, 2020
Rane Twelve MKII is the new standard in motorized DJ performance. MK2 is love <3
Djkom 2:39 PM - 17 August, 2020
Can someone explain me why the 12s are still as heavy as a regular turntable ???
The 12s don't have to be that heavy !! They don't need extra weight to avoid rumble or anything else.
As a mobile dj, I need the save my back and healthy 😅

So a lighter Rane 9/10 will be highly appreciated...
Maybe I should try the sc6000m but the 8.5inch platter and this big ass screen are maybe useless.
dj_soo 5:49 PM - 17 August, 2020
Once you get into the standalone playing on the denon it’s actually pretty damn slick. When I was testing out a pair of the 5000Ms, I barely used serato outside of a few gigs that required the bigger library.

The biggest pain is maintaining and updating a limited drive or tracks if you’re used to having everything available at your fingertips, but you can always just use a portable ssd drive and have your whole collection available as well.
Djkom 7:02 PM - 17 August, 2020
I have the 5000Ms but I find the platter a bit skinny, it's not as comfortable as the sc3900s.
The standalone mode is a pure joy ! Just switch on the deck and bam, ready to go! The 6000Ms could have be perfect but I'm afraid the platter is still not big enough meanwhile the screen size is overkill....I have to try it
Anyway I think there's room for a Rane 12 little brother !
Djkom 9:01 PM - 26 August, 2020
I wish Rane made this:

youtu.be

Or even better: Technics come back with this sldz1200mk3 😍

The concept is so cool !!
Having a 10" motorized controller, with a tonearm optional accessory (can play 7",10" and 12" records thanks to the 10" platter), would be the ultimate gear for turntable lovers, wouldn't it ?
Djkom 9:01 PM - 26 August, 2020
I wish Rane made this:

youtu.be

Or even better: Technics come back with this sldz1200mk3 😍

The concept is so cool !!
Having a 10" motorized controller, with a tonearm optional accessory (can play 7",10" and 12" records thanks to the 10" platter), would be the ultimate gear for turntable lovers, wouldn't it ?
Dubbylabby 9:55 PM - 26 August, 2020
Modular turntables are nice but for home what's the point? Use just regular turntables...
Portables are also nice but direct drives and batteries aren't good friends yet...

So what about modular portable? These aren't direct drive but ok for most user cases (or almost scratch approved finally...)

SLDZ aren't by far the worst model to mod due it's weird platter system.
Djkom 7:32 AM - 27 August, 2020
Quote:
Modular turntables are nice but for home what's the point? Use just regular turntables...
Portables are also nice but direct drives and batteries aren't good friends yet...

So what about modular portable? These aren't direct drive but ok for most user cases (or almost scratch approved finally...)

SLDZ aren't by far the worst model to mod due it's weird platter system.

Mobile Djing is not portablism, no need to have batteries. I'm talking about djs who have to bring and install each time their gears on different gigs. What a pain to carry a turntable or a Rane 12 !!

Modular turntables are good for flexibility. Not everyone still have turntables and buying turntables just to play records doesn't make sense nowadays.
There's a market for all digital turntable djs (sc6000m..etc), there is a market for analog turntables djs and I think there is also a market for hybrid turntables djs who wants to play regular vinyl and play digital.

Imagine the Reloop RP8000 MKII with the digital capabilities of the Rane 12 (HID motor + DVS signal generator for all DVS support + quick release adapter) in a 10" format !! Inmusic has all the technology to do so and definitely kill the market
Dubbylabby 8:39 AM - 27 August, 2020
InMusic owns Denon so you 10" is the sc6000M.

Maybe there is a market for "modular" but I will not expect it from brands. They are starting to understand that a player needs to be crossplatform (the new twelve mk2) but we had digital turntables for more than a decade now (so go figure).

Vestax had the gubber (hifi oriented but direct drive, good tonearm and portable shape) and also there's a guy who modded a pdx2000 into 10".
djworx.com

I'm not sure about the numbers in the eyes of brands. After 10 years the best proposals they have are a 12" controller and near to 10" (7"?) standalone V7 for the cost of whole set of old turntables and a mixer... if you ask me, Phase is the best proposal being the new DVS where you can repurpose your actual gear instead need to ditch it and buy new stuff with less functionality (tonearm). I expect other 10 years before brands gets the whole picture...
dj_soo 7:26 PM - 27 August, 2020
hybrid turntables were a thing back in the late 00s, so it's not like the technology wasn't there already. The timing of the release wasn't great and the companies making them didn't have a good rep for reliability, but it could happen again one day...
Dubbylabby 6:37 AM - 28 August, 2020
Technics was the king and Vestax/Numark the nerd guys in the class. Anything else was just irrelevant.

It’s some kind of fun and sad see year after year (over decades) how people reject something as shit or unnecessary first to ask on and on for the same years later.

The Arduinized cdx from 10 years ago was even banned at (old) Serato forums and discussed (ridiculized?) by webs like djtt. Now people asking for modular and hybrids...

Stop waiting for brands, they will arrive 10 years later... and everything it’s people asking for could be doable right now for less money with actual released products (but will require some tinkering of course).
dj_soo 10:07 PM - 28 August, 2020
Stanton 150s have proven themselves over the years.
Dubbylabby 11:11 AM - 29 August, 2020
Quote:
Stanton 150s have proven themselves over the years.

Sure and other superOEMs like Akiyama Acura and similar but when you release something to become an "standard" usually you are targeting towards 1210 mk2 and iterations, not sldz or anything like that. It's a matter of tradition (and number of total units sold over years).

I'm saying it being more fan of Vestax and hybrid like Gemini CDT05 but also talking by regular adoption from users. People wants all (full featured, heavyweight, brand... and cheap of course...)
DJMIYAGI 8:14 PM - 27 October, 2020
Well, after almost 3 months of using the MK2s, I must say they are my favorite decks to play on now.
Dubbylabby 1:06 PM - 28 October, 2020
Congrats.
Add iPad djplayer pro and you have the desired modular turntable (or wait until Serato moves somehow into standalone realm... my bet standalone mixers will embed software sooner... well maybe later...)
dj_soo 7:23 PM - 28 October, 2020
Yea, I dig the Twelve MK2s as well. I still prefer scratching on turntables, but for pure DJing, that Twelves are a lot of fun.
Aligan 9:58 PM - 28 October, 2020
Hi,

Dj Soo, and what about the slow drag scratching motor issue you were mentioning in your review on Djtechtool ? Do you still believe there is something fishy in comparison of the mk1 or did you change your mind ?
In other word, do we have your green light to go buying mk2 ?

Cheers 🍻
DJ A Smooth 4:27 AM - 29 October, 2020
Quote:
Hi,

Dj Soo, and what about the slow drag scratching motor issue you were mentioning in your review on Djtechtool ? Do you still believe there is something fishy in comparison of the mk1 or did you change your mind ?

Cheers 🍻

Interested to hear about this!
dj_soo 7:27 PM - 29 October, 2020
Quote:
Hi,

Cheers 🍻

oh shit, I forgot to update that - turns out it was a problem with a small amount of the quick-release adaptors that were faulty. I got some new ones sent to me and the problem was solved. Actually, even just lossening the screws for one of them fixed it (not the other tho).
Aligan 8:44 PM - 29 October, 2020
Hi,

Thank you for the update !
Good to know it was easy fix. I’m not surprised as hexa screw on Mk1 was obviously the weak link of the unit and tricky to setup.

Cheers 🍻
Bondage 7:42 AM - 31 October, 2020
Do use in rel mode or HID?
dj_soo 9:38 AM - 31 October, 2020
I prefer HID
dj brendan lawlor 9:26 PM - 3 November, 2020
Hi I purchased the new DJM s11 and rane twelves mk2s but I am really disappointed that dispute the s11 mixer being able to use all serato decks (1,2 3 and 4) the rane twelve mk2 only recognise decks 1 and 2 for hands on control.

Can you please provide update so that if I click deck 3 it will alow me to control deck 3 with the rane twelves mk2 and allow the volume to be controlled on the pioneer s11.

It’s actually really bugging me that it’s not reviewed by anyone or readily known until you read the manual that this will not work.

That would be a dream come true considering they cost me an absolute fortune
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:05 PM - 3 November, 2020
Quote:
Hi I purchased the new DJM s11 and rane twelves mk2s but I am really disappointed that dispute the s11 mixer being able to use all serato decks (1,2 3 and 4) the rane twelve mk2 only recognise decks 1 and 2 for hands on control.

Noticed the same thing with the SC5000M as well.

I think because of the gimmick 4 deck feature of the S11, or how it was implemented it disables 3 and 4

Could be a bug but it’s definitely something to do with Serato and the S11

It’s not the 12s

Prior to the S11, I could control 4 serato decks with one 5000m but now only 2 decks are displayed
DJMIYAGI 11:07 PM - 3 November, 2020
Quote:

Can you please provide update so that if I click deck 3 it will alow me to control deck 3 with the rane twelves mk2 and allow the volume to be controlled on the pioneer s11.

It’s actually really bugging me that it’s not reviewed by anyone or readily known until you read the manual that this will not work.

That's why you always research before you buy expensive gear. The deck 3 and 4 feature for 2 channel mixers was just implemented with the S11. Give it some time and Serato may open up control for decks 3 and 4 with midi devices such as the Twelve. I would post this in the feature suggestions area here -> serato.com
dj_soo 11:37 PM - 3 November, 2020
You should be able to map 3 and 4 to a 3rd party device (everything but the platters), but Twelve compatibility is probably up in the air and may or may not ever actually happen.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:06 AM - 4 November, 2020
Quote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for getting in touch.

The DJM-S11 is a 2 channel device. It makes use of Serato virtual decks 3 and 4 differently compared to other hardware you have mentioned.

Deck 3 and 4 cannot be controlled by an external MIDI input such as your SC5000M as they are exclusively controller from the DJM-S11 screen. This is due to the new advanced controls of these virtual decks from the DJM-S11 screen (move to deck, dual deck control etc).

>>>>>>>>>>>>

That’s the response from support
metroplex2005 12:33 PM - 5 November, 2020
Quote:

Try to use only the audio/relative mode on the twelves, use it as „turntable only“ and only use the s11 controls and screen. That should solve the problem.
Chino 2:51 PM - 5 November, 2020
Quote:
The DJM-S11 is a 2 channel device. It makes use of Serato virtual decks 3 and 4 differently compared to other hardware you have mentioned.

Deck 3 and 4 cannot be controlled by an external MIDI input such as your SC5000M as they are exclusively controller from the DJM-S11 screen. This is due to the new advanced controls of these virtual decks from the DJM-S11 screen (move to deck, dual deck control etc).

Let me play devil's advocate here...

Does it make sense from a BUSINESS perspective to allow full control from competitor's decks?? Sure you will have some functionality but overall it will not be well integrated.

INSTEAD, purposely cripple the functionality so when you add SDJ Pro support to the CDJ 3000 (or release a new unannounced controller/deck) you can also add the selling point...

"CDJ Pro 3000s NOW can exclusively control decks 3 & 4 when using the Pioneer DJM S11!!" This is a GREAT marketing strategy that will end up selling more S11s & CDJ 3000s in the long run!

It would be awesome if competitor decks could control decks 3 & 4 but I really don't see Pioneer DJ doing that. Pioneer DJ's rich history of purposely removing features to be able to charge more on MK2 versions is well known & documented!
Bondage 7:28 PM - 11 November, 2020
Quote:
I prefer HID

I should buy the mK2? I have the mk1 ... Is the platter feel better or same?
dj_soo 9:28 PM - 11 November, 2020
Feels about the same to me - I think the big draw of the MK2s is the DVS allowing for multiplatform as well as those who prefer the feel of DVS to the HID/USB feel, or like the bonuses of DVS (mainly sticker lock).

One thing i do notice is that the Twelves can still be prone to the occasional midi hiccup causing that speeding up bug - I usually see it when i switch out midi profiles when playing, but sometimes a bad dropout can trigger it. With the MK2, if you have it at say a gig where you can't restart serato to solve it, you can just flip to DVS and finish off your gig without worry.
DJ NightLife 5:30 PM - 26 November, 2020
Do you guys experience this bug? When you go real hard on scratch, platter torque becomes extreme and it's gonna take several spins until it goes back to smooth... Really hate when it happens.
Logisticalstyles 7:04 PM - 26 November, 2020
I only had that problem temporarily. I've changed my vinyl, slipmats and no longer use the washers. I got the Twelves feeling just like my 1200s now.
djvtyme85 4:33 AM - 27 November, 2020
Quote:
Do you guys experience this bug? When you go real hard on scratch, platter torque becomes extreme and it's gonna take several spins until it goes back to smooth... Really hate when it happens.

what type spindle do you have? the original or the quick release?

in my case i have the quick release. when using the vinyl that it came with before every session i had to lift the vinyl a little to loose it up and it was perfect from there.

after changing to my own vinyl and slip mats they good and ready to go all the time. feel just like my techs
DJ NightLife 12:46 AM - 22 December, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

what type spindle do you have? the original or the quick release?

in my case i have the quick release. when using the vinyl that it came with before every session i had to lift the vinyl a little to loose it up and it was perfect from there.

after changing to my own vinyl and slip mats they good and ready to go all the time. feel just like my techs

MK2 = quick release
DJ TEZUK 9:04 AM - 7 February, 2021
I have just purchased Rane Twelve MK2 I believe the vinyl supplied is to slippy I've been a turntablist for years there is no adjustment on the quick release spindle this is terrible practice by Rane . To give you an example I get 6 back spins per spin back on my twelve 1210's I have 2 and half. This means that the record is double as sensitive as real vinyl or and ordinary serato control vinyl. I have tried butter rugs and dr suzki slipmatts and it makes no difference. so I tested a real vinyl 'blu central record 'I have had for years and low and behold im getthing the correct grip 2 and a half spins exact same as technics. So the problem with the Rane twelves are for me that Rane done make replacement viynl which is total rubbish to its users. I love the technology but absolutely hate the fact they can't make control vinyl out of the same material that has been used for serato control records for years. I see some people making there I own DIY. im sorry if im paying £1400 for new turntables I don't wanna be lifting my drill out. my opinion this product could be alot better but im disappointed massively ..!
DJ TEZUK 9:08 AM - 7 February, 2021
I have quick release on my MK2 its terrible far to sensitive ...! you cannot adjust tension settings...
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:20 PM - 7 February, 2021
Not sure if this will help. Depending on the height of the quick release spindle the drag changes. If you want it super loose raise it and vice versa. Buts this is for slipperiness

Not even sure there is a word like that 🧐
Dj_Nix 2:32 AM - 8 February, 2021
Take an old CV drill 3 holes and connect the adaptor. Use the CV as your twelve vinyl.
dj_soo 5:40 PM - 8 February, 2021
Quote:
I have quick release on my MK2 its terrible far to sensitive ...! you cannot adjust tension settings...

that's what the washers are for - results vary tho.

Some people have found placing a CD under the slipmat feels better than the washers.

I found using a washer and switching the slipmats to butter rugs helped the feel, but I plan on drilling some vinyl as soon as i get a new drill...
DJMIYAGI 9:06 PM - 8 February, 2021
Quote:
Some people have found placing a CD under the slipmat feels better than the washers.

I made that Youtube video and that little "hack" is the best way to play on the stock acrylic discs. Personally, I use Serato CV and Butter Rugs with no washers or the CD trick now. I made that video for folks who are too lazy to bust out the drill lol
Terrence Stokes 4:52 PM - 12 February, 2021
I have come to love the Serato sticker lock on dis vinyl, but I can't get sticker lock to work in dvs mode on the Rane 12 Mk2. When I set the sticker to the 12 o'clock position, it doesn't remain in sticker lock mode when I hit a que point on one platter then instant double to the second deck. I don't know if it because dvs tone built in the 12's mk2 are not tracked like dvs viynal.
theronmad 3:19 PM - 29 September, 2021
The big supplier for this Roland is the microphone preamplifier, with this driver you will not get your selected microphone right, it will sound first class and many companies are struggling with this as driver preamps. for me to use. I read about this essay for a music school and there it was indirectly mentioned essaywritinghelp.pro, it seemed to me quite relevant. I got very VERY when I saw the M in the name, I think it turned out to be a motorized control 😅 WHY one of the big companies doesn't want to do it anymore! A problem similar to the S4 MK3 !!! I hope for a Serato or maybe a Rekordbox version!
boojsn2020 2:43 PM - 21 February, 2023
Nice to see you here! Thanks so much for sharing this article about "Rane Twelve MK2", I really appreciate this, and I can recommend this forum for everyone! But what about studying, do you need an urgently help in writing essay papers and you are asking the question like: Can someone do my difficult tasks? You need to pay somebody to do your assignments, so just click on and look on this super online company's <a href="www.nursingpaper.com site. There you'll always find what you need. Writers at this agency will always help with your writing skills!
Travis Head 6:55 PM - 13 October, 2023
It's a valid point. InMusic's incremental product updates do keep us coming back for more. A dedicated Reverse switch and standalone player capability would be great, but we can't underestimate the evolution in DJ tech. It's a fine balance between giving DJs what they want and keeping the industry moving forward.
Mutis 5:47 AM - 14 October, 2023
Stagnation is for real… stems were a failure when NI released them but bow are the trend since spleeter… which is an open source technology from soundcloud!

Phase was also a indie team development built into startup but maybe isn’t being too much profitable since there isn’t mk2 version in the horizon (or it is?)

NI instruments releasing x1mk3 nobody asked for…

Hercules belt drive controller could be the new phase (love&hate and maybe some success)

Portablism come and gone…

Pioneer Rev7 and Crrs12 are great ideas that came too late (there’s a market for them nowadays?)

The same for Rane 12/One…

Field “evolves” but market too and I feel there’s a delay between them which also is fading out as a whole struggling for redefinition of the field itself.

What’s djing? How much from the 80’s or 2k’s is still part of it? Relevance or tradition? Crowd gives a s**t or can be entertained with AI mixing?

There’s still room for innovation but there’s still a market?
Travis Head 12:08 PM - 16 October, 2023
Quote:
Stagnation is for real… stems were a failure when NI released them but bow are the trend since spleeter… which is an open source technology from soundcloud!

Phase was also a indie team development built into startup but maybe isn’t being too much profitable since there isn’t mk2 version in the horizon (or it is?)

Hercules belt drive controller could be the new phase (love&hate and maybe some success)

Pioneer Rev7 and Crrs12 are great ideas that came too late (there’s a market for them nowadays?)

Field “evolves” but market too and I feel there’s a delay between them which also is fading out as a whole struggling for redefinition of the field itself. paybyplatema.site

What’s djing? How much from the 80’s or 2k’s is still part of it? Relevance or tradition? Crowd gives a s**t or can be entertained with AI mixing?

The DJ industry's evolution faces challenges like delayed innovations and market shifts. It grapples with reconciling tradition and relevance, prompting questions about crowd preferences and AI's role in DJing's future.
Mutis 10:06 AM - 22 November, 2023
Quote:
Quote:

Field “evolves” but market too and I feel there’s a delay between them which also is fading out as a whole struggling for redefinition of the field itself. paybyplatema.site

The DJ industry's evolution faces challenges like delayed innovations and market shifts. It grapples with reconciling tradition and relevance, prompting questions about crowd preferences and AI's role in DJing's future.

And as a result we have tidal eliminating stems options due that dj industry. Stems that came from soundcloud…
Meanwhile innovation is Pioneer crss12…?