DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DDJ-SZ VS DDJ-SX3

djChoice_ 7:59 PM - 28 February, 2019
I am completely satisfied with my SZ...HOWEVER...I am intrigued by the smaller dimensions and weight of the SX3. I'm not excited about the smaller sized platters, but the online reviews claim that the response on the SX3 platters is just as tight if not tighter than the SZ. I haven't had the opportunity to play around with the SX3 as yet...so I'm reaching out to members of this forum to provide me with reviews based on real life experience.
Should I keep the SZ or make the switch? And...Go!
benictrs 4:17 PM - 3 March, 2019
I personaly own both .
I use the sx3 for pubs and smaller events where the dj booth is too small and the sz2 would not fit . And use the sz2 for private events .
The sz2 sounds better and i like it more because of the feel .
Sx3 is a major improvement on the sx2 , sounds slightly better than the sx2 the 3'rd mic imput on tge front of the device is definetly a winner and the two usb's are a life saver .
I know about Pioeers fu**p with the recall of the first batch of sx3's but i personaly have been lucky and had no issues with mine .
I realy love them both but still prefer the sz2's feel
djChoice_ 2:39 AM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
I personaly own both .
I use the sx3 for pubs and smaller events where the dj booth is too small and the sz2 would not fit . And use the sz2 for private events .
The sz2 sounds better and i like it more because of the feel .
Sx3 is a major improvement on the sx2 , sounds slightly better than the sx2 the 3'rd mic imput on tge front of the device is definetly a winner and the two usb's are a life saver .
I know about Pioeers fu**p with the recall of the first batch of sx3's but i personaly have been lucky and had no issues with mine .
I realy love them both but still prefer the sz2's feel
djChoice_ 2:42 AM - 4 March, 2019
Thanks Benictrs...I agree...I love the feel of the SZ. I really just wish it was a little smaller. Thanks for your input.
DaFriX 3:24 PM - 17 October, 2019
Hi. I’ve got a DJ sx3 with the dot. Can’t seem to get any cue light up for listening with headphones on any channel. How can I beat mix without hearing the next track before it come in.
I’ve been a Denon DJ since they brought out the active platters. Rane have only just caught on over ten yesrs later. Pioneer still only have the touch pad which even in vinyl mode still doesn’t feel or respond anything like true vinyl. Anyway. I have to buy and use pioneer to familiarise myself with the layout features etc for club work. So I bought the 900srt mixer and two cdj2000nxs. And the DJ sx3 which I can’t get any of the cue buttons to light up to hear through the headphones. Can anyone help.
popnwave 10:53 PM - 17 October, 2019
SX3 sounds off. I'd touch base with Pioneer support in their forums.
DJ Varmintbaby 9:18 PM - 17 November, 2019
I have an SX2 and my brother has a SX3. There's honestly not much difference between the two. The people saying the SX3 "sounds better" are imagining things. Unless you have dog hearing, you can not tell the difference between the two. Anyone interested in getting the SX line, I'd suggest finding a used or clearance SX2 because you'll get it cheap and it's pretty much the SX3 minus some things that really aren't that important. I got my SX2 a few months ago brand new on clearance from Guitar Center for $399. With that being said, I would love to get the SZ2. I like the size of the jog wheels and it has pretty much all of the features of the SX series. The DDJ1000SRT has nice jogs too, but I don't like that you have to give up Serato FX among other bells and whistles that are on the SX and SZ series. When I get the dough, I'll pick up a SZ2 as that is the top of the line Serato controller (for now) in my eyes!