Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Why does this thread exist if serato wont update serato video?

Johnny.S 5:07 AM - 28 February, 2019
I have been going through these forums and there is alot of complaints on serato video. If a threads like this around why serato still has serato video? Serato whats your intentions on serato video? (phasing it out or updating it?)
popnwave 3:31 PM - 28 February, 2019
Users helping users?
DJ Tecniq 9:53 PM - 28 February, 2019
Yeah it’s just users helping others. Serato Video has not been updated in years and they are still charging users for the service. It’s kind of selfish imo esp when it has quite a few bugs still esp as new operating systems are surfacing. It’s still the same 32bit video application it’s been. It’s quite sad. It’s been rumored a Serato Video update is coming but that was like last year when I heard that. I think they are too busy fixing the bugs SDJ Pro has. It’s far from great just being honest.
Johnny.S 1:09 AM - 1 March, 2019
Thanks Tecniq for the insight let see if serato does update serato DJ anytime soon?
DJ Tecniq 2:17 AM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:
Thanks Tecniq for the insight let see if serato does update serato DJ anytime soon?
Only time will tell. What issues are you having with Serato Video?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:49 AM - 1 March, 2019
I’d just bite the bullet and grab Mix Emergency. SV is so far behind, it would take one hell of an update for them to even come close to M.E. or even VDJ for that matter when it comes to video..... this is just my opinion but I think others would agree 🤷🏾‍♂️
popnwave 3:31 PM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:
I’d just bite the bullet and grab Mix Emergency. SV is so far behind, it would take one hell of an update for them to even come close to M.E. or even VDJ for that matter when it comes to video..... this is just my opinion but I think others would agree 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think most people would be happy with the preview windows working, proper framerates without having to tweak the shit out of settings and that basic text overlay that doesn't crash when you use it...
Res-Q 3:33 PM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:

I totally agree with you

And yes consider this forum is there for users helping users +1 popnwave

If you have issues the best thing to do to get serato's attention is to start a help ticket imo
wolfpac 10:56 PM - 6 March, 2019
When I updated to 2.1, serato video crashes every time I enter new text. I tried everything the serato tech told me and nothing worked, they told me I was the only one reporting this issue, I find that hard to believe, gone back to 2.5 works fine, wasted money on serato play and tidal, soundcloud. the 2.1.1 update is even worse.
Johnny.S 1:16 AM - 10 March, 2019
Wolfpack your not the only, I was having the same issues when I would type in text serato video would crash every time
DJ Tecniq 7:10 AM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
Wolfpack your not the only, I was having the same issues when I would type in text serato video would crash every time
I haven’t tried txt yet but I’m on Sierra I’ll let you know if it crashes.