Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

right jog wheel doesn't respond good

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Shlomi 1:20 PM - 21 July, 2009
Product: itch
Version: 1.0.5
Hardware: vestax-vci-300
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.7
---

hello,
I got Itch with the VCI 300 for almost a year.

most of the time everything was working great.
than I didn't touch the thing for a month,
and when I came back and plug, the right jog started to make issues.
first it began with latency problem, it doesn't respond well to the way I move it.
I can not scratch with it no more when its like that.
and now when I open itch and load a track to the right, it plays, and after I hit Play to pause it and than hit again to continue playing, it just won't responds! for the whole session. the play/button just doesn't work now. from what I remember, all of those issues began sins I upgrade my mac from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6, and 10.5.7.
from what I read, all the issues with the upgrading had been solved by program update for the Itch....PLEAS HELP ME!!! I can't use the device... :( I'm turning down people who wants me to play at their parties.. and I know the vci is fine, 'cuz when I used it with the mini translator on the Traktor pro everything was working fine, the right jog, the play/pause, fine. what to do?????? its like that for over 2 months.

I'm using a whit MacBook- 2.4 ghz, 2gb Osx-10.5.7.

and my version of Itch is 1.0.5.

please please some one help....!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 10:50 PM - 21 July, 2009
Hi Shlomi.

Sounds like you may need to adjust your VCI-300's platter sensitivity screws for the right platter.
Here's a walkthrough for this, make sure you are careful :D

www.serato.com

Also make sure you are running from either the left hand USB port, or the USB on the left furthest away from the computer screen. Try not to run any other USB devices at first to see if that helps.

Let me know how you get on.
Cheers.
Shlomi 3:12 AM - 22 July, 2009
WORKS!

thanx!

but why did it happened? I never touch in that area of the vci..
and I see other people had this problem, all of them with the right jog.
well thanx again!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 3:19 AM - 22 July, 2009
It's because the VCI-300 is sensitive to environmental change. However most people seem to work fine without changing the platters, a small amount of people seem to need to adjust from time to time.

Great work :D