Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro & Rane 62 Auto BPM detect question

atothel 4:05 AM - 30 January, 2019
Hey all

Quick question regarding Serato DJ Pro on a Rane 62 and the auto BPM detection on the screen of the mixer which controls effects (mainly echo is what I use.)

The mixer is updated to latest firmware.

Every now and again either Serato or the mixer has a brain fart and the auto bpm doesn’t detect correctly. Around November I saw either a post or video (cant remember which) which showed a couple of button pushes on the mixer which ‘reset’ the auto bpm. I believe it left the effect button off and the flex Fx button for each channel on (as an indicator that the reset/refresh was successful)

This was something that could be done while the mixer was on and you were using it to spin - not the power off reset (of which there are several videos online).

Anyway. I had heart surgery in december and all that time off and good pain medication has scrambled my brain and I can’t remember the button sequence. Anyone have any clues?

(I also know this likely the wrong discussion forum but it’s the one that seems to get the most traffic and the Rane forums are a graveyard. Please take pity on an old man still recovering from surgery!)

Thanks in advance.
Despo 12:23 PM - 31 January, 2019
I also would like to know this
DjSyndic8 11:21 PM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
Hey all

Quick question regarding Serato DJ Pro on a Rane 62 and the auto BPM detection on the screen of the mixer which controls effects (mainly echo is what I use.)

The mixer is updated to latest firmware.

Every now and again either Serato or the mixer has a brain fart and the auto bpm doesn’t detect correctly. Around November I saw either a post or video (cant remember which) which showed a couple of button pushes on the mixer which ‘reset’ the auto bpm. I believe it left the effect button off and the flex Fx button for each channel on (as an indicator that the reset/refresh was successful)

This was something that could be done while the mixer was on and you were using it to spin - not the power off reset (of which there are several videos online).

Anyway. I had heart surgery in december and all that time off and good pain medication has scrambled my brain and I can’t remember the button sequence. Anyone have any clues?

(I also know this likely the wrong discussion forum but it’s the one that seems to get the most traffic and the Rane forums are a graveyard. Please take pity on an old man still recovering from surgery!)

Thanks in advance.

you can manually edit the beat grids and then lock the file so the bpms stay locked,
more info here serato.com
Mr. Goodkat 12:16 AM - 1 February, 2019
i noticed this last nite, i thought it always synced but it didnt. i use ssl with it.

i noticed if i hold down the efx on button and move the joystick it changes but i forget what it does
atothel 4:41 AM - 8 February, 2019
"you can manually edit the beat grids and then lock the file so the bpms stay locked,
more info here serato.com"

I don't use Sync though.

:(
DjSyndic8 4:51 AM - 8 February, 2019
Quote:
"you can manually edit the beat grids and then lock the file so the bpms stay locked,
more info here serato.com"

I don't use Sync though.

:(

Ok... I didn't mention Sync?
khy 4:30 AM - 2 April, 2019
never really actively used this feature but noticed it's not working