Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

THUD RUMBLE - DJ QBERT Invader Mixer - a game changer for 2.500$?

MeeHow 3:39 PM - 29 January, 2019
Invader DJ Mixer. All in ONE Computer + Pro Performance DJ Mixer
MeeHow 3:42 PM - 29 January, 2019
does it support Serato ? I think at NAMM they were using Traktor --.
popnwave 5:17 PM - 29 January, 2019
Quote:
does it support Serato ? I think at NAMM they were using Traktor --.

They were using SDJ.
Rebelguy 12:47 AM - 30 January, 2019
It will support both.
Telony Ex 12:52 AM - 30 January, 2019
Trash if u ask me. Ugliest thing i ever saw.
HighTopFade 12:59 AM - 30 January, 2019
Worth it if you’re a real fanatic of turntablism. Wouldn’t trust it for a six hour wedding but should be ok for short performances.
AKIEM 3:00 AM - 30 January, 2019
hopefully its just to proove the point.

screen should tilt tho - no good flat
dj_soo 5:17 AM - 30 January, 2019
Where do they say it’ll support serato? Since it’s just a pc, I suppose you could use a box and just plug it in via USB, but it would be nice if it was all self contained.
Rebelguy 7:50 AM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
Where do they say it’ll support serato? Since it’s just a pc, I suppose you could use a box and just plug it in via USB, but it would be nice if it was all self contained.

According to DJ Worx...

“The audio interface is most interestingly a Serato interface (which one was not revealed, but my completely uneducated guess is the Denon DS1).”
webcke 9:10 AM - 30 January, 2019
just saw the vid...looks hmm...

running Win 10, i5, 8GB RAM, 256 SSD and will support Traktor & Serato

Want to see more of this
dj_soo 9:26 AM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

According to DJ Worx...

“The audio interface is most interestingly a Serato interface (which one was not revealed, but my completely uneducated guess is the Denon DS1).”

Makes sense considering traktor and rekordbox are open for their DVS functionality.
YZ 10:07 PM - 30 January, 2019
So this thing is what I'm personally waiting for and that's where this DJ shit needs to go (again). All in one units, people are tired of using laptops. However, this thing ain't gonna be it. It's a great start but until an actual manufacturer like Rane or Pioneer makes one, I suggest you all fall back. First off, the screen looks like it's just stuck on (integrate it into the mixer, make it more of a smoother look). What's the guts (cpu power, etc?) I don't want my support to be some dude in his garage doing bong hits if I have a problem. $2500, oh hell no. $800 I'd "think" about it.

Great start, it's just not there yet imo.
dj_soo 10:21 PM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
So this thing is what I'm personally waiting for and that's where this DJ shit needs to go (again). All in one units, people are tired of using laptops. However, this thing ain't gonna be it. It's a great start but until an actual manufacturer like Rane or Pioneer makes one, I suggest you all fall back. First off, the screen looks like it's just stuck on (integrate it into the mixer, make it more of a smoother look). What's the guts (cpu power, etc?) I don't want my support to be some dude in his garage doing bong hits if I have a problem. $2500, oh hell no. $800 I'd "think" about it.

This functionality already exists - CDJs and the Denon Prime stuff are standalone units, and you can even use whatever mixer you want. Hell, if you need spinning platters, there's the SC5000Ms.

I think we'll probably see a pure mixer with standalone and DVS functionality sooner or later, but getting everything to play together is tricky. At least with the CDJS/Prime stuff you have two screens to work with. With a single screen to control everything - including any functions that would have relied on a keyboard/trackpad workflow like searching, you need a big enough space so that it's not cramped. 10"x7" seems to be the way to go, so that's going to take up a lot of space on a mixer unless they make it super long (and the Rane 72 is long enough - can you imagine a full featured mixer with all the controls like the S9 and then tack on an additional 6-7" of space for a screen? Also, keep in mind the screen likely won't be completely flush against the sides so that'll add even more room.
YZ 10:30 PM - 30 January, 2019
You're correct soo, however things like mixer size is where the engineers and designers need to come together and get crafty, you could do it, there's enough smart people at InMusic to do so. You'd have to make space elsewhere for all the buttons and knobs. Foldable\collapsible monitors are around right now. There are ways around that, in fact I'd think that piece would be minor. The engineering will need to come in the form of cooling, resources and stability.
AKIEM 11:06 PM - 30 January, 2019
45º
dj_soo 11:19 PM - 30 January, 2019
you'd think it would likely follow a similar form function of the Prime 4 mixer section - with a tiltable, built-in screen. But that unit is already 20" deep (for comparison, the 72 is 17.5" deep) and even if they reduce it to two channels, there's still not a ton of room for a proper set of pads and controls unless they go for the side pads like this Invader mixer (or the Duo/Quattro/Z2), or if they rely on the touch screen for some of the controls like the XDJ 1000 (which isn't ideal).

So chances are, it's going to be something like a 11" x 20" mixer which is pretty massive for a 2 channel. And if they want to jam all the controls that you would get on the Prime 4 or a pair of SC5000s into that space, it's likely going to be pretty cramped - possibly at MC6000 levels of cramped.

I know on the 72, that screen wouldn't be anywhere near enough real estate for standalone imo - at least to give the level of functionality that I'd want - especially running in portrait mode.
HK1200 11:32 PM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

This functionality already exists - CDJs and the Denon Prime stuff are standalone units, and you can even use whatever mixer you want. Hell, if you need spinning platters, there's the SC5000Ms.

I think we'll probably see a pure mixer with standalone and DVS functionality sooner or later, but getting everything to play together is tricky. At least with the CDJS/Prime stuff you have two screens to work with. With a single screen to control everything - including any functions that would have relied on a keyboard/trackpad workflow like searching, you need a big enough space so that it's not cramped. 10"x7" seems to be the way to go, so that's going to take up a lot of space on a mixer unless they make it super long (and the Rane 72 is long enough - can you imagine a full featured mixer with all the controls like the S9 and then tack on an additional 6-7" of space for a screen? Also, keep in mind the screen likely won't be completely flush against the sides so that'll add even more room.

I would love to see the screen on a hinge. Essentially a mixer that opens like a laptop. No lost real estate on your mixer, it would allow for a larger display to be used, and you would be able to angle it to your liking.
CMOS 11:34 PM - 30 January, 2019
This is literally an Intel NUC, an SL3, and a cheap touchscreen taken out of their cases and shoehorned into a mixer.

Not really much different than when Akiem frankensteined his 56 back in the day and put the SL box inside the mixer, if i remember he even attached a screen.

This is not groundbreaking to me.
AKIEM 1:44 AM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
This is literally an Intel NUC, an SL3, and a cheap touchscreen taken out of their cases and shoehorned into a mixer.

Not really much different than when Akiem frankensteined his 56 back in the day and put the SL box inside the mixer, if i remember he even attached a screen.

This is not groundbreaking to me.

I was going to mention that I had plans to "make" a mixer like that. At the time there was just a couple things that would have been a problem. Mostly size of power supply and some sort of decent keyboard - would have to deconstruct plugs and cables etc.

but today, I would probably just build a mac mini and everything else into a case...
DJ JulioYEG 4:34 AM - 31 January, 2019
a joke for 2500
AKIEM 5:06 AM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
a joke for 2500

collectors addition
DJ JulioYEG 5:39 PM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
a joke for 2500

collectors addition

LOL paper weight
HK1200 7:02 PM - 31 January, 2019
I wonder how perceptions would be around here if it were iPowered.
AKIEM 7:25 PM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
a joke for 2500

collectors addition

LOL paper weight

same thing
AKIEM 7:25 PM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
I wonder how perceptions would be around here if it were Pioneer.
DJ JulioYEG 9:06 PM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

same thing. Itd be even worse though coming from a big company
YZ 7:29 PM - 1 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

same thing. Itd be even worse though coming from a big company

No way in hell Pioneer or anyone with a reputable brand would release a slapped together prototype of a mixer to general pop. That mixer is basically a wall where people through their wild ideas at, it's an unfinished alpha at the end of the day imo. I'd rather have a larger co run with this idea to make it official.
Ollieboy 6:33 AM - 5 February, 2019
Well fellas, here's your chance to get your 2 cents in on it so no complaint for later. www.facebook.com
Clubber1970 6:28 PM - 5 February, 2019
The best thing of this device is that you can play Donkey Kong while you‘re mixing 😁
eugguy 8:15 PM - 5 February, 2019
I'm throwing my 72 right in the trash once the GOAT mixer arrives.
DJ JulioYEG 11:38 PM - 5 February, 2019
Quote:
I'm throwing my 72 right in the trash once the GOAT mixer arrives.

where do u live