DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Al'a Yorkville Elite EF-10P active speaker review

Al Poulin 5:58 PM - 19 January, 2019
Hey guys, as promised - a review of the new Elite EF-10P! The video pretty much says it all, but I simply LOVED these compact ultra high output 10s that go all the way down to 48hz -/+ 3dbs. Beautiful quality finish, baltic birch enclosure, neodymium 10'' woofer with 2.5'' voice coil, multi-band limiting.... Loud as fuck while sounding much much better than the E10Ps I've never been a big fan of. These are a must rent if you live in Canada. Enjoy!

Watchwww.youtube.com

Al Poulin - Party-Time! DJ Services
dj_soo 7:50 PM - 19 January, 2019
How do they sound with a sub?
Al Poulin 8:21 PM - 19 January, 2019
I unfortunately did not get to try them out at a gig with subs, but from what I heard from these stand alone, I can't imagine them not sounding terrific with subs. I had used the EF-12Ps with my pair of DXS12s with great results.

I remember testing the older 350 watt E10Ps and simply not enjoying their "harsher" sound - although their output was very good. The EF10Ps are definitely smoother than those but hav emore presence in their mids compared to Yamaha DXRs for example. With my DXR15s for example, I feel they sound better with a small boost from 1k - 2k - it makes them a little less mid scooped. With the EF-10Ps, the mids won't need any boosting at all and should sound terrific as is, especially for live sound. For CD music playback, I really enjoyed them too, although they are not as ear pleasing in a small space because of their beefier mids. The same goes for my KX Audio KX12s.

I actually liked the stronger mid presence in the EF-10Ps as it often simply seems lacking in most of today's smiley face EQ'd speakers. I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest, as I didn't love the Parasource PS10P. It's interesting, I preffered the PS12P over the PS10P, but prefer the EF-10P over the EF-12P... The good thing is that unlike the older E10P, you can easily EQ the EF-10P to taste. With the E10P, if you took out some mids, you lost a lot of what the cabinet's output quite simply. I may certainly rent the EF-10Ps at a future date when I have a bigger booking requiring subs. I will be sure to report back!

Al
dj_soo 8:39 PM - 19 January, 2019
I've been waiting for the EF10Ps and the ES15P sub to make it into the rental pool. That just seems like a pretty powerful midsized rig that can likely punch above its weight class.

The L&M in Vancouver seems to never get the latest gear for rental and is still loaded with older gear. It took a good year or two after the Parasouce stuff released before they started to make its way into the rental pool and as of now, they only have a handful of the EF12Ps for rent and only had one of the ES18P subs, but I think it has since sold.
dj scottie b 9:55 PM - 20 January, 2019
how much for the 10s and the 12s?
Al Poulin 10:40 PM - 20 January, 2019
1199$ a piece for the 10s and 1449$ for the 12s here in Canada I think.