Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Crashes In Yosemite All of a sudden

spofftastic 2:30 PM - 9 January, 2019
Hello All - I got a crash at an event recently - off of a build I have been using for quite sometime. Have any of you been experiencing?

Reached out to support - had the same copy and paste message they use for everyone with optimizing. All that stuff is done - I have been using Serato for over 10 year and am aware of optimization, settings, troubleshooting and corrupt files. Current drivers and firmware on ddj-sx2. Sent a crash log too.

Maybe it's time to move from Yosemite to SierraHigh Sierra. Scares me though - I had a months of reliability - now back to issues.

2015 MBP 15" i7
16 gb ram 256 graphics ram
Yosemite
ddi-sx2
dj pro 2.0.3
popnwave 3:58 PM - 9 January, 2019
My Yosemite has been doing oddball stuff after years of no issues as well on my 2012. Haven't had any crashing during sets but I am debating on a fresh reinstall of it due to this.

As soon as I jump on a new/bigger SSD (1TB being around $150 or less now) I am at least jumping to Sierra.
spofftastic 5:33 PM - 9 January, 2019
I think this is my direction as well - looks clean install of Sierra.

Making a bootable drive as we speak!

Matt
JDforKing 9:54 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
My Yosemite has been doing oddball stuff after years of no issues as well on my 2012. Haven't had any crashing during sets but I am debating on a fresh reinstall of it due to this.

As soon as I jump on a new/bigger SSD (1TB being around $150 or less now) I am at least jumping to Sierra.

What version of Serato DJ Pro are you using
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:05 PM - 9 January, 2019
well i wouldn't trust 2.1, fucks up filepaths
RR437T 4:55 AM - 10 January, 2019
You may be overheating.I would keep an eye on your Mac's temperature and see if it crashes when it gets hot.
DJ Tecniq 3:05 AM - 11 January, 2019
I suggest move away from Yosemite it’s very outdated I started having random audio distortion at a gig with my SR2. Since then I’ve been on a clean install of Sierra with no issue for about 6 months now.