Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Best ways to trim videos for use in Serato video

Andy Lawrence 7:49 PM - 7 January, 2019
Hi Gang,

So, because Serato doesn't let you choose which point to associate a video with an audio file, I find myself constantly having to trim the head of my videos so that it matches the audio, therefore when I associate them they are in sync

The problem is that I haven't found a great way to trim these videos, without using Quicktime player (which is horribly manual since its trim function only allows you to drag by hand, not put in an actual time range to trim from)

Does anyone else face this problem? And any suggestions on how best to trim video? I am using Seratos Handbrake present but to my knowledge Handbrake can't trim video either, only converts the whole thing
popnwave 11:03 PM - 7 January, 2019
MPEG Stream Clip can trim the ends off MP4s and save a copy without reencoding. You can't edit them in any other way though (ie clip and rearrange them) like you can with an NLE like Final Cut Pro X or Premiere Pro.
Andy Lawrence 8:21 AM - 8 January, 2019
Interesting, that could work great since it gives timecode and in / out points for you to use. I'm guessing you just use the *save as* function instead of export to ensure it doesn't re-encode anything?

Thanks for the awesome suggestion!
Mars08 1:26 AM - 11 August, 2020
To trim videos, Joyoshare Media Cutter is worth a try. It can losslessly cut and trim media files with millisecond precision.
Andy Lawrence 2:27 AM - 11 August, 2020
Quote:
To trim videos, Joyoshare Media Cutter is worth a try. It can losslessly cut and trim media files with millisecond precision.

This is great, thanks for the suggestion. Especially since MPEG stream clip no longer runs on Catalina
popnwave 11:29 PM - 11 August, 2020
I've started using Bandicut at work a lot for trimming stuff now. Unfortunately it's Windows only.

That Joyshare stuff, I don't trust it.
minion89 2:38 AM - 15 August, 2020
I really like it when people come together and share opinions. Great blog, I will read it often. Please update!
<a href="bubbleshooter-game.com shooter</a>