Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2019: Skip SDJ Pro 2.1 & Wait For Update?

DjSyndic8 7:14 AM - 6 January, 2019
Can we all agree that SDJ Pro 2.1 update was a Fail for 2018
so many Issues and bugs, either there was a lot of issues for some or a minor issue for others but we can all agree 2.1 probably has more issues then previous updates, and the only work around is rolling back to SDJ Pro 2.05, I'm staying optimistic and hoping the next update will be solid, fingers and toes crossed.
popnwave 2:13 PM - 6 January, 2019
After I downloaded the newer build of 2.1 I’ve had no issues. So no I don’t think it’s a fail.
djr0m 8:30 PM - 6 January, 2019
I had issues while using Tidal on live it caused serato a track delay and it would freeze the software, had no choice but to restart. Without using that feature the rest worked fine for me.
dj_soo 11:00 PM - 6 January, 2019
Tidal streaming is really buggy - I’ve had multiple crashes with it. Those crashes stopped when I turned it off.

The big issue for me is the disappearing key tags with iTunes. It’s not a showstopper as there are workarounds, but it’s just super annoying having to rescan id3 tags at every launch and periodically loading up and old version to get them to stick temporarily.

Other than that, it’s been pretty solid for me. The new features on the 1.3 firmware on the 72 are good enough that I just deal with it.
DJ Tecniq 3:18 AM - 7 January, 2019
SDJ is buggy w/o the streaming service what makes them think this would🤔
DJ Tecniq 3:19 AM - 7 January, 2019
Work*
popnwave 4:40 PM - 7 January, 2019
I think further revisions of the streaming support will get a lot better. The rest of 2.1 works A-ok for me, but give it another year and we shall see how it shakes out.
dj_soo 8:28 PM - 7 January, 2019
I think we’ll see a bug fix build drop in the next few months hopefully.

Feels like they rushed 2.1 out just to be the first with native streaming.

If they fix the key tag issue first and work on streaming later, I’ll be fine with it.
Chino 9:18 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:
I think we’ll see a bug fix build drop in the next few months hopefully.

^^^ THIS!! Serato needs a solid 2.5 maintenance build to squash the bugs & implement 1 or 2 long standing feature requests like... DAY MODE!!
YZ 5:14 PM - 9 January, 2019
What they need to do is stop adding features which are introducing new problems, fix all the bugs (screw Windows users btw), and give us toggle switches to turn features on/off from the main screen. Would like to have a minamalistic layout using as little resources as possible.
HK1200 5:31 PM - 9 January, 2019
Why "screw windows users" though? It's not like these forums aren't chock full of mac users facing all sorts of issues, from annoying to debilitating. Too old, too new, wrong os, too many touch bars, not enough ports. Find yourself with the wrong mac and you might be more screwed than any windows user could ever hope to be. Personally I've had great luck with Windows and Serato together. It's never failed me when I needed it, not that there isn't a ton of room for improvement.

But I otherwise totally agree. Until it's as good and as stable as SSL was, it's not nearly good enough. And SDJ is not nearly good enough, as it stands. They need to stop focusing on flash in the pan BS features and integrations, hire some people who actually know wtf they're doing behind a keyboard, and focus on making it stable, functional, and bug free.

They also need to start honoring some long standing feature requests as well. I'm pretty sure adding a "day mode" would take about 5 minutes of xml editing. Complete color customizability could be cobbled together in no time, with no resource hit; but I suspect they're hell bent on ensuring all of our screens look identical. All of that blue glow attracts noobs like mosquitoes to a zapper, and they want everyone who catches a glimpse of the screen to know that Serato is the DJ's program of choice.
Chino 6:02 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
focus on making it stable, functional, and bug free.

I agree with this. IMHO, Serato's #1 PRIORITY should always be stability & reliability!! Professionals require ROCK SOLID STABILITY above all else!!!
benictrs 8:34 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
focus on making it stable, functional, and bug free.

I agree with this. IMHO, Serato's #1 PRIORITY should always be stability & reliability!! Professionals require ROCK SOLID STABILITY above all else!!!

They have to survive , and to do that they need MONEY . To have income they have to sell new products and to produce something new all the time .
New hardware , new software features that bring income . . .
Wake up . If you want to help them then purchase their expansion packs.... I saw a post where someone lamented about of the " high price " of the new Serato Play .... Help them to survive by purchasing their products and they will help you with " ROCK SOLID STABILITY" and inovation .
Have a great day :)
HK1200 8:38 PM - 9 January, 2019
We've been supportive for decades. They need to get their shit together.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:41 PM - 9 January, 2019
Skip, fucked up my library, just waiting to write a thread on it and how fucking useless relocate lost files is
Chino 8:54 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Help them to survive by purchasing their products and they will help you with " ROCK SOLID STABILITY" and inovation .
Have a great day :)

I have quite literally been supporting Serato since 2005. I was NOT one of the individuals complaining about the price of the 'PLAY' expasion packs (check the thread for yourself). I buy expansion packs according to MY needs.

I will continue to advocate for Serato to focus on reliabilty & stability as long as I continue to use(and pay for) their software products.
HK1200 9:06 PM - 9 January, 2019
I've never used VDJ, but could you imagine a world where InMusic buys them, retains the staff, adds more talent, revamps the app in a really good way, and maybe decides to stop bleeding so much licensing money every year to Serato?
DJ JulioYEG 2:01 AM - 11 January, 2019
made lol in a lecture lol
DJ JulioYEG 2:01 AM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
(screw Windows users btw),

lol forgot to press quote oops
Sony311 3:32 PM - 11 January, 2019
What version do you talk about because I've only installed Serato DJ Pro the 1st day it came out and it has not had an update since. Ive checked the build numbers as well.

Quote:
After I downloaded the newer build of 2.1 I’ve had no issues. So no I don’t think it’s a fail.
popnwave 3:44 PM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
What version do you talk about because I've only installed Serato DJ Pro the 1st day it came out and it has not had an update since. Ive checked the build numbers as well.

Support posted to redownload it.. what build are you running? if it is not 210797 (the original was 210791) you should grab it again.
YZ 4:50 PM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
Why "screw windows users" though? It's not like these forums aren't chock full of mac users facing all sorts of issues

Fake news.
HK1200 5:42 PM - 11 January, 2019
Gospel!