Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New to Serato, question about audio routing.

DuneP 3:44 AM - 4 January, 2019
I use a Pioneer DDJ SB2, my setup is on a desktop PC with two JBL studio monitors.
Now when I have my SB2 connected into Serato, is it just straight up not possible to have the audio come out of my JBL monitors? The audio is strictly redirected to the controller? I was previously using Virtual DJ which gives options to use the controllers soundcard or the computers, but it seems I have no option here without having to use some cables which I'd rather not.
Clubber1970 6:51 AM - 4 January, 2019
There is no sound settings in Serato. All sound goes to your primary Serato device. You have to plug in your speakers directly to your SB2.
DuneP 5:15 AM - 18 January, 2019
Is there a reason or benefit to it being this way?
DjSyndic8 5:24 AM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
I use a Pioneer DDJ SB2, my setup is on a desktop PC with two JBL studio monitors.
Now when I have my SB2 connected into Serato, is it just straight up not possible to have the audio come out of my JBL monitors? The audio is strictly redirected to the controller? I was previously using Virtual DJ which gives options to use the controllers soundcard or the computers, but it seems I have no option here without having to use some cables which I'd rather not.

is this for recording purpose?
DJ Tecniq 5:53 AM - 18 January, 2019
If the controller only has one output (RCA) what are your other options? Unfortunately Serato is not VDJ and doesn’t allow audio routing. Now if you had a Serato hardware device with another master or booth output you wouldn’t be so limited.
drew beck 4:08 AM - 15 January, 2020
YES, this is so needed. Coming from both DJay Pro and Rekordbox, which allow this. DJay allows full control within the app — select any device and channels for main output and cueing. Rekordbox enables this if you create an "aggregate audio device" in MacOS (not sure the windows solution) — you can select a single device in Rekordbox but choose different IRL device outputs. I believe Traktor has full support for audio routing as well.

The fact that Serato doesn't have this really lets you know where there priorities are. Namely: in selling controllers and mixers. If you want a higher quality soundcard for Serato you HAVE to buy a more expensive controller (or mixer)! If that wasn't the case, folks would be out here with the cheaper controllers and splurging on fancy soundcards from another vendor. Which is exactly the setup I have …

So, don't hold yr breath. Serato knows who pays their bills, and it's not folks like us here :/
DJ JulioYEG 11:42 PM - 20 January, 2020
lol serato is not for bedroom djs who outout there sound through the headphone jack on there computer if u dont like it go back to vdj stop crying
DJ JulioYEG 11:42 PM - 20 January, 2020
output*
DJ JulioYEG 11:43 PM - 20 January, 2020
Quote:
Which is exactly the setup I have …

lol 2020 and ur bringing extra soundcards as a flex wow im at a loss for words....
orbit122 6:23 PM - 18 February, 2020
Quote:
lol serato is not for bedroom djs who outout there sound through the headphone jack on there computer if u dont like it go back to vdj stop crying

Cut out the internet tough guy mess man. If don't have anything to add to the discussion just sit back and don't interfere with those who do

There is a real legit reason why someone would want advanced audio routing capabilities. I use Ableton to record multi-track mixes. This limits me to just one option at the moment which is my aging Rane 62. If Audio routing support was available I could consider upgrading to a newer mixer/controller. But I guess a big time DJ such as yourself have no need to understand advanced audio and routing setups.
metroplex2005 7:21 PM - 18 February, 2020
Quote:
There is a real legit reason why someone would want advanced audio routing capabilities.

And there are a lot of real legit reasons not to have advanced audio routing capabilities.
Serato don't have it for that reasons, deal with that or get some other software.
orbit122 7:44 PM - 18 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
There is a real legit reason why someone would want advanced audio routing capabilities.

And there are a lot of real legit reasons not to have advanced audio routing capabilities.
Serato don't have it for that reasons, deal with that or get some other software.

Do you happen to have any idea of what those "legit reasons" might be or are you just another tough guy who cant help but stick their nose in and offer nothing but a chest thump?

As I stated this WAS ans still IS possible with the Rane 62 but you didn't read that did you? its not a issue of it cant its an issue of they wont.

Get off the forums if all you got is snark but nothing intelligent to add to the discussion.
popnwave 9:41 PM - 18 February, 2020
The audio routing capabilities usually lands more on the hardware engineering side. Serato can then choose to support it like it did in the 62, I guess.

I'd probably pick the brains on the hardware makers first.
orbit122 10:33 PM - 18 February, 2020
Quote:
The audio routing capabilities usually lands more on the hardware engineering side. Serato can then choose to support it like it did in the 62, I guess.

I'd probably pick the brains on the hardware makers first.

It’s for sure on hardware at this point and Serato doesn’t necessarily have to support it. It should be all about how the sound card captures and routes the audio.

It could be integrated into Serato as a direct out option but doubtful they will ever make that integration. Probably would not see enough user gain to justify the engineering it would take but it would be hella tight if they did. They already have a record option. Would just be a build out of that.

As far as Rane is concerned, it looks like the mp2015 supports the same USB out routing as the 62 plus the added channels. It’s unclear if the Seventy-two does and no info on the Seventy yet. I have asked but no reply.

I bought the Reloop Elite for this function but it looks like there info is wrong and misleading so it’s going back to the store. High hopes for the Seventy to support post fader per channel outs since I can’t do any updates to my 62
metroplex2005 12:20 AM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Get off the forums if all you got is snark but nothing intelligent to add to the discussion.

First at all, back off man, i'm a scientist.
No, not really, but you shoud reconsider your manners. Forum rules, be nice to each other, ect. You know, that kind of thing you are NOT doing.

Quote:
Do you happen to have any idea of what those "legit reasons" might be or are you just another tough guy who cant help but stick their nose in and offer nothing but a chest thump?

Yes, i have. Maybe i will tell you, if you apologize for being rude and ask nicely.
I have something in mind... Watchwww.youtube.com
And yes, i am just another tough guy (sometimes, dependig on how you treat me, i can also be very nice and accommodating), who is sticking his nose in, thats what this forum is made for. What i have to offer depends on your behavior...

Quote:
As I stated this WAS ans still IS possible with the Rane 62 but you didn't read that did you? its not a issue of it cant its an issue of they wont.

That was never the question. It's not a hardware issue, because Serato is not making hardware. The 62 absolutely can support advanced audio routing, it's just another multichanel audiointerface. But not with Serato DJ. They could totally do it, but they won't (so far). For some legit reasons.

Other software may give you several other options to route audio with the 62 and other hardware. But Serato Dj simply does not, audio output is strictly from the connected hardware (so far).

Except you have a controller/mixer which is using the internal mixing engine of Serato DJ. Here you can create an aggregate device in MacOs and Windows as a workaround. Its routing the master output of the internal mixing engine to your computers audio output. But you will loose your hardware headphone output also, so not really usable for djs purpose.

Quote:
It could be integrated into Serato as a direct out option but doubtful they will ever make that integration. Probably would not see enough user gain to justify the engineering it would take...

You see, one of the legit reasons, so far... If you want that feature that badly, the Play plugin is the way to go. But whitout hardware support.

Quote:
They already have a record option. Would just be a build out of that.

Maybe possible, but see above.
Bornd Fono 12:25 AM - 19 February, 2020
DJ JulioYEG 1:31 AM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Cut out the internet tough guy mess man. If don't have anything to add to the discussion just sit back and don't interfere with those who do

There is a real legit reason why someone would want advanced audio routing capabilities. I use Ableton to record multi-track mixes. This limits me to just one option at the moment which is my aging Rane 62. If Audio routing support was available I could consider upgrading to a newer mixer/controller. But I guess a big time DJ such as yourself have no need to understand advanced audio and routing setups.

i added plenty to the discussion and im sure ppl agree with me. you dont like it too bad go cry on the vdj forums im sure theyll love you over there LOL
DJ JulioYEG 1:32 AM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
i.ibb.co

I see you complaning alot about your allen n heath mixer not being compatible with serato and all you do is shit on serato. yet ur still here and its hilarious ahahahahahah
Bornd Fono 6:13 AM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
you dont like it too bad go cry on the vdj forums im sure theyll love you over there LOL

JulioYEG you are such a toxic troll telling everybody to go cry somewhere else who doesn't share your opinion. Maybe you should consider bringing constructive input into discussions or shutting up instead of spreading toxicity like this.

Quote:
yet ur still here

Yeah and I know you have read the explanation in the other thread why I keep looking into this forum every now and then.

Quote:
and all you do is shit on serato

I am not. I just don't like how they treat long-time users who were loyal to their brand for 10+ years. If you can't differentiate between criticism and shitting on people... that's YOUR problem.
popnwave 4:02 PM - 19 February, 2020
JulioYEG is lot a lot of us who've been around a long time. We get snarky when we get tired of people who don't get social cues well.

Yes, a squeaky wheel will sometimes get you what you want, but with stuff like the A&H mixer being years down the road now, you guys just gotta move on about stuff like that. You think you're right, and maybe you are, but you cross from being a productive member of the community to one that just complains about your specific situation. It...gets..old

No one is going to judge people for using another piece of software, but stop trying to make Serato LIKE every other piece of software be it VDJ, Rekordbox or Traktor and just use those instead.

tl;dr learn to read the room
orbit122 5:31 PM - 19 February, 2020
You have got to be kidding me with this. Been around a long time?? Where, Serato forums? Please homie save that. These are forums here for people to make request, suggestions, get help and have general discussions. No where does it need to be that someone nobody tells someone to "Stop Crying" or use patronizing tones because you THINK you know more than someone. That macho BS can shove it. You want to speak to people that way be sure to include your address so I can give you the opportunity to address me like that in person.

These nobodies appear only here in Serato forums. They have the collective search results of of my dog. You think a lot of yourselves for only being known as forum trolls. Search yourself and you see that the only time your name is mentioned is on some forum. No shows, no mixes, no history. You don't even exist outside of this space. 4 IG followers son! come on.

If it gets old just find something else to do than troll Serato forums. Go work on something creative. The reason why most of end up here is because we working on something and hit a wall because of something we cant figure out or a limitation of the software. It not a bad thing to want more from Serato. These request are how innovation is made. You sit back and except things for what they and like it, some of us want to see the maximum out of things. Suggesting that I go use something else because you like things just the way they are is you on you, I use what I use and complain about what i complain about. You dont like it thats fine but keep it to yourself or next time you happen to find yourself near Washington DC you can let me know in person. And take that social cue however you want home boy. Better yet Ill be in the UK next month and if want to sit, have a pint and talk it over im down. Then you can say all the things you want to my face. Otherwise if don't have anything to add but a rude or sarcastic remark save it.

This goes for JulioYEG, metroplex200 and you
popnwave 6:16 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:

I was replying to Bornd Fono :)
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:34 PM - 19 February, 2020
Dam that's a whiney bitch post if I've ever seen orbit
popnwave 6:40 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
You dont like it thats fine but keep it to yourself or next time you happen to find yourself near Washington DC you can let me know in person. And take that social cue however you want home boy.

You're talking to someone born at Walter Reed, I know DC well, even if I have since moved away.
orbit122 6:56 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

I was replying to Bornd Fono :)

Quote:

Oh yeah, is that right? Seems like like you were directly addressing one of my comments?

if that your story than stick to it i guess but my post still stands. If you are adderssing someone directly then be a adult and address them directly
orbit122 6:57 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
You dont like it thats fine but keep it to yourself or next time you happen to find yourself near Washington DC you can let me know in person. And take that social cue however you want home boy.

You're talking to someone born at Walter Reed, I know DC well, even if I have since moved away.

So let me know when you ready to have that face to face then ;)
orbit122 6:59 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:

20011 let me know when you 20 miles from it and we can talk like men.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:05 PM - 19 February, 2020
Lol sending me private messages, why do you want meet bro do you want dj lessons?
orbit122 7:08 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Lol sending me private messages, why do you want meet bro do you want dj lessons?

From someone named DJ Sparky??? nah son im good. I actually wanted to give you a chance to pick your moms up. She eats to much I need her out of my house.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:10 PM - 19 February, 2020
Do you think everyone uses their real brand name on here, I'm not one of those so I can say what I really think without it effecting my brand

That lesson is on the house, next one isn't free
orbit122 7:12 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Do you think everyone uses their real brand name on here, I'm not one of those so I can say what I really think without it effecting my brand

That lesson is on the house, next one isn't free

What you mean to say is, Im afraid of someone kicking the shit out out of me so I hide who I am.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:14 PM - 19 February, 2020
Dude I've said worse to bigger dude's in person,

If you cannot handle yourself on the internet I doubt you can handle yourself on the street
orbit122 7:15 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:

If you cannot handle yourself on the internet I doubt you can handle yourself on the street

Then come within 20 miles of 20011 and lets see
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:17 PM - 19 February, 2020
Find me and book me and I'll show up to your house
orbit122 7:22 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Find me and book me and I'll show up to your house

You wont con me into being the first one to give you a gig.

You loser, good grief what a bunch of nobodies trolling Serato forums... Its just unthinkable that this is your life. you dont use you real name?? sure... You would prefer no one knows that you suck and could get a sweet 16 gig. Go back to your bedroom and I promise to have your mom back by dinner
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:27 PM - 19 February, 2020
Say what you want but I'm not getting triggered am I,

Got any more mom jokes? Or threats?

I see that you cannot comprehend lesson one
orbit122 7:34 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Say what you want but I'm not getting triggered am I,

Got any more mom jokes? Or threats?

I see that you cannot comprehend lesson one

These aren't threats just comments and observations. You are the only joke i need. You are the punchline homie. Look at your life. No body of work, no one knows you, you couldn't gig in a local dive bar. So as long as you exist we all got jokes.

Im out now sunny got a life and your mom to tend to, you have a good time hear in the forums. Just remember to practice every once in a while. ...oh yeah your mom says not to forget to change your sheets.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:38 PM - 19 February, 2020
I don't need the serato forums to promote my brand,

Still not comprehending lesson one, slow learner I see.
popnwave 7:53 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
I don't need the serato forums to promote my brand,

Still not comprehending lesson one, slow learner I see.

Dang you got the man to completely derail his own thread.
metroplex2005 7:57 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
You have got to be kidding me with this. Been around a long time?? Where, Serato forums? Please homie save that. These are forums here for people to make request, suggestions, get help and have general discussions. No where does it need to be that someone nobody tells someone to "Stop Crying" or use patronizing tones because you THINK you know more than someone. That macho BS can shove it. You want to speak to people that way be sure to include your address so I can give you the opportunity to address me like that in person.

These nobodies appear only here in Serato forums. They have the collective search results of of my dog. You think a lot of yourselves for only being known as forum trolls. Search yourself and you see that the only time your name is mentioned is on some forum. No shows, no mixes, no history. You don't even exist outside of this space. 4 IG followers son! come on.

If it gets old just find something else to do than troll Serato forums. Go work on something creative. The reason why most of end up here is because we working on something and hit a wall because of something we cant figure out or a limitation of the software. It not a bad thing to want more from Serato. These request are how innovation is made. You sit back and except things for what they and like it, some of us want to see the maximum out of things. Suggesting that I go use something else because you like things just the way they are is you on you, I use what I use and complain about what i complain about. You dont like it thats fine but keep it to yourself or next time you happen to find yourself near Washington DC you can let me know in person. And take that social cue however you want home boy. Better yet Ill be in the UK next month and if want to sit, have a pint and talk it over im down. Then you can say all the things you want to my face. Otherwise if don't have anything to add but a rude or sarcastic remark save it.

You criticize a social behavior that you yourself show more than enough and even surpass.
Expect other people to have a different opinion than yours. And also that they will share it with you, as you do.
It's totally ok if you don't aggree, but thats no reason to get rude like you.
The other bullshit you wrote here i could not commet whithout breaking rule #1...

Set your own standards on yourself, before judging others for it.
Think about it.

I'm still waiting ...
Watchwww.youtube.com
metroplex2005 8:05 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:

+1
popnwave 9:28 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
You criticize a social behavior that you yourself show more than enough and even surpass.
Expect other people to have a different opinion than yours. And also that they will share it with you, as you do.
It's totally ok if you don't aggree, but thats no reason to get rude like you.
The other bullshit you wrote here i could not commet whithout breaking rule #1...

Set your own standards on yourself, before judging others for it.
Think about it.

Take a deep breath man..
metroplex2005 9:49 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
Take a deep breath man..

Thanks for your care, but I'm fine :-)
DJ JulioYEG 11:55 PM - 19 February, 2020
Quote:
you couldn't gig in a local dive bar. So as long as you exist we all got jokes.

lol buddy your talking about Instagram followers and you have a 128 of them lol your mom your aunt and your sister and you run an online mix show who do you think you are
www.instagram.com
orbit122.com
DJ JulioYEG 11:56 PM - 19 February, 2020
lol julioyeg is not my brand by any means no have fun googling ur little heart out xoxo
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:03 AM - 20 February, 2020
Come back [text removed] this was fun like the old forum days
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:05 AM - 21 February, 2020
[text removed] where you gone? Are you orbiting the thread? Pop back in man!
metroplex2005 2:08 AM - 21 February, 2020
Maybe he has left orbit ...
Hopefully for the apology ...
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Val-BKNY11203 7:47 PM - 21 February, 2020
Quote:
Come back [text removed] this was fun like the old forum days

I so needed this laugh.
Maskrider 7:04 PM - 23 February, 2020
Quote:

Just use VDJ ...Problem solved
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:09 PM - 24 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

20011 let me know when you 20 miles from it and we can talk like men.

Yet I can you're name and you do not answer [text removed]?
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:10 PM - 24 February, 2020
Yet I call your name and you do not answer [text removed]?
Serato, Support
Luke B 2:02 AM - 26 February, 2020
Hey guys,

Going to lock this as the thread has gotten out of hand.
Threats of physical violence will not be tolerated.

Please be nice to each other.
2:02 AM, 26 Feb 2020
Discussion locked by Luke B