Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SL3 & SL4 Paperweight - Any thoughts?

Djello 1:51 AM - 3 January, 2019
I had an event NYE, neither of them connected with my laptop, both locked up and crashed my Serato. I lost a job and made me look like an amateur with 21 years experience. Any clue why it would not connect?
Serato DJ pro 2.1 & Mac OSX 10.12.6
Djello 1:52 AM - 3 January, 2019
oh and I reinstalled Serato 3-4 times and restarted my computer. Tried wiping all the Serato files then reinstalling nothing.
DJ Tecniq 7:36 AM - 3 January, 2019
Maybe you forgot to install the driver for your operating system which would be very amateur of you if that is the case.
DJ Unique 7:40 AM - 3 January, 2019
Quote:
Maybe you forgot to install the driver for your operating system which would be very amateur of you if that is the case.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:43 AM - 3 January, 2019
Quote:

Lack of driver shouldn't cause a crash or locking up.

I believe if you connect a hardware that requires a driver to Serato DJ, you get that window in the right corner that tells you to install a driver.
AddamXavier 2:13 AM - 4 January, 2019
Was it an SL3 or SL4 or both? Had you used it on your computer before? I've been using my SL3 with every version of SDJ just fine.
Mr. Goodkat 4:09 AM - 4 January, 2019
good help guys.

di you try to roll back to 2.0ish or the last os that worked for you?

seems like ppl are having trouble with 2.1. i havent even put it on my computer, im still on 2.02.

heres the archive serato.com
Djello 12:14 AM - 6 January, 2019
Okay here is the update

First off thank you "dj tecniq" clever name for your admiration for my professionalism.. I have no clue what you are talking about with a driver for the specific operating system.

I had DJed 80 gigs this past year and had no issue on any of them. I had used both SX2 & SX3 on all of them. The SL3 & SL4 Drivers are on my computer, they are visible inside the system preferences panel as per usual and were installed months or years back when the Serato software originally prompted me to download when I first used either of them on my computer. At the event neither of them worked. SL3 tried to connect and failed. SL4 crashed Serato all together. I am running newest version of Serato DJ pro 2.1 & the computer operating system is 10.12.6 Sierra

I have since connected that SL3 box to my back up laptop another Macbook pro 15 retina with operating system 10.13.4 High Sierra and it connected no problem.

So to respond to everyone trying to help,
@Tecniq, any advice, was there something amateur I missed, from what I knew the new Serato DJ Pro prompted you to install your drivers when you plug them in. I searched all over google for any other answer and even went to ranes site.

@Marv the maverick, yes thank you for clarifying you are completely correct and thats what I've experienced in past and why would the SL4 cause a crash.

@addamxavier You are right after my back up laptop test you probably are using all of them with no issues as everyone else seems to be.

@mr.goodkat Yea my backup laptop test is proof that its not Serato DJ pro 2.1

So my conclusion is it seems to be specific to my laptop.
I am thinking something has gotten fucked up along the way within the software and or drivers
Or its something specific to 10.12.6 Sierra.
Djello 12:17 AM - 6 January, 2019
I have reinstalled Serato DJ Pro multiple times. Is there a way to manually reinstall those specific drivers which seem corrupt?

Otherwise it is just a Sierra and Serato Glitch
Mr. Goodkat 12:21 AM - 6 January, 2019
dont worry about tecniq, hes a very low iq individual.

i have specific to my computer problem as well. I went back and forth with serato and they even did a remote session with them and they couldn't figure it out(virtual decks spin backwards extremely fast with rane 62, and s9, works fine with djm 900 srt and sl3 box)

mine didnt work with yosemite, capitan and clean install of sierra.

i was saying, why dont you just use/try an older version of serato and just not sure 2.1? or does it act the same way with 2.0x
Mr. Goodkat 12:23 AM - 6 January, 2019
'just not sure 2.1'

'just not use 2.1?' rather
Djello 12:26 AM - 6 January, 2019
Quote:
'just not sure 2.1'

'just not use 2.1?' rather

hmmm, good point bud... How do I download 2.0? Gonna google it now anyways lmfao. So my backup laptop is good to go. My new Laptop does not connect at all, and the funny part is, I bought the Denon serato box because the thing connect instantaneously. I've never seen something connect so fast.

So anyways the 2.0 install will be the real verdict because then it would be conclusively 2.1 or not.
Djello 12:28 AM - 6 January, 2019
@mr.goodkat found the archives. :) Gonna try now, let you know shortly my results.
Djello 12:53 AM - 6 January, 2019
@Mr. Goodkat Just an update. I did the downgrade to 2.05, 2.0 & 1.9 Regular Serato DJ and same issue. No connection made. Conclusion it must be a glitch within driver that needs to be reinstalled and replaced some how or specific issue with 10.12.6 Sierra.
WildcardX 1:13 PM - 6 January, 2019
Quote:
@Mr. Goodkat Just an update. I did the downgrade to 2.05, 2.0 & 1.9 Regular Serato DJ and same issue. No connection made. Conclusion it must be a glitch within driver that needs to be reinstalled and replaced some how or specific issue with 10.12.6 Sierra.

Just to chime in, consider doing a clean install of the OS on the trouble system. If the OS was updated via their "Updates" (forgive the redundant use of terms); it some times carries over artifacts that can act odd due to changes in the OS for example the change in the File system format in High Sierra is different from say Yosemite. Even doing a Time Machine restore after all of this brings over stuff that might not play well. So back up your stuff manually including your _Serato_ and _Serato Backup_ folders located in the Music Folder; then proceed to Use a bootable USB drive with your OS of choice, wipe the drive from the Disk Utility in Boot Options and then do the Install from the connected USB that you will create before or get one from some one you may know. High Sierra has treated me well so I am using that so it's a consideration. Just throwing it out there for consideration.
DJ Tecniq 4:20 PM - 6 January, 2019
Agree. If a clean install does not fix it then it’s your system. My guess is you took the easy route and updated from a previous OS which is never failsafe. Good luck.
Djello 1:49 AM - 8 January, 2019
Yea I guess when gigging clubs I’m using the other laptop, this issue one has probably a few days worth of music production software installed. Meaning it would just be way too much work at moment. Only thing I can think of is if serato can some how gave or sent me a manual reinstall of the drivers for the boxes. Thanks for the help though! 🙏