Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane 72 next firmware update wishlist

dj_soo 6:09 AM - 20 December, 2018
What are you guys hoping to see implemented on the 72 with the next firmware update?

Auto-bpm detection for audio sources is obviously at the top of the list, but what else?

I'd like to see better touch controls for some features. I feel like the effects section would be a little easier to handle if we could just swipe the software effect depth panels instead of having to use the single encoder to control 5 functions.

Another thing I'd like to see is more of a smartphone like interface for the library screen. Scroll via swiping, swipe left and right on tracks to load on the decks or something - similar to the SC5000.

For the effects, I want the Flex FX button to be proper post-fader like the paddles. Right now, turning off the blue button will kill all postfader effects - like to see it trail off like the old 62 - that way I could just latch the paddles and use combinations of buttons to launch the effects.
djburnee 3:05 PM - 20 December, 2018
Quote:

Auto-bpm detection for audio sources is obviously at the top of the list, but what else?

+1
DJ Michael Timex 9:22 AM - 21 December, 2018
Mine is pretty simple, i'd just like the FX settings to be saved when I power down my mixer and turn it back on. Other than that I am extremely happy.
DJ Sidies 10:59 AM - 21 December, 2018
Quote:
Mine is pretty simple, i'd just like the FX settings to be saved when I power down my mixer and turn it back on. Other than that I am extremely happy.

100%
Chino 12:48 PM - 21 December, 2018
Quote:
Mine is pretty simple, i'd just like the FX settings to be saved when I power down my mixer and turn it back on.

^^^THIS!!
r3k0 1:04 PM - 21 December, 2018
Quote:
What are you guys hoping to see implemented on the 72 with the next firmware update?

I'd like to see better touch controls for some features. I feel like the effects section would be a little easier to handle if we could just swipe the software effect depth panels instead of having to use the single encoder to control 5 functions.

Another thing I'd like to see is more of a smartphone like interface for the library screen. Scroll via swiping, swipe left and right on tracks to load on the decks or something - similar to the SC5000.

For the effects, I want the Flex FX button to be proper post-fader like the paddles. Right now, turning off the blue button will kill all postfader effects - like to see it trail off like the old 62 - that way I could just latch the paddles and use combinations of buttons to launch the effects.

^^ All of those, I've been saying for ages there should be more options for the library via the touch screen. I don't use it at all atm but would if i could scroll through with the screen.

Quote:

Hardware or Serato FX? I thought all hard ware FX are saving now and theres no way to make Serato remember FX settings?
Chino 1:10 PM - 21 December, 2018
Quote:
theres no way to make Serato remember FX settings?

There is a way but it just hasn't been implemented yet.
dj_soo 7:02 PM - 21 December, 2018
Serato fx saving depends on serato implementing the feature.
BeeFresh 1:51 AM - 22 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

100%

Also would like to see the beatmapper wave display to be shown on the touch screen. It’s the first thing I noticed was missing. Here is a mock-up I photoshopped and posted on IG but no response. :(

www.instagram.com

dj_soo 2:35 AM - 22 December, 2018
Yea, not putting the transient window on the screen was a huge oversight imo.
desmorider 3:01 AM - 22 December, 2018
Quote:
thanks for the feedback guys I will forward along the requests to the Engineering team.

Sure you will clown. Your a nobody.
Sticky K 6:55 AM - 22 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100%

Also would like to see the beatmapper wave display to be shown on the touch screen. It’s the first thing I noticed was missing. Here is a mock-up I photoshopped and posted on IG but no response. :(

www.instagram.com

+100000
DJ Barticus 4:08 AM - 23 December, 2018
make the microphone meter function how it did on the 62. it only shows the level if you turn it on, before you could set a mic level without pressing the mic on button.
DJ Intrigue 4:29 PM - 24 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
thanks for the feedback guys I will forward along the requests to the Engineering team.

Sure you will clown. Your a nobody.

;-)
Chino 6:02 PM - 24 December, 2018
Quote:

www.instagram.com

+1.
Bang Ali 10:13 AM - 26 December, 2018
1. Remember the mixer effects and routing after power off? It is always on start up echo on both effects and left routed to deck 1 and the right fx routed to deck two. I myself want it to be echo on left FX and Flanger on right FX. All routed to both decks and the sampler. Everytime i want to mix i have to set this settings.

The next two points are maybe more for advanced users and not for the wedding DJ:

2. Give us the option to choose ourselves what serato effect is post-fader and what is pre-fader. I loved for scratching having some of the fx as pre-fader.

3. Mess-Up in this firmware: on the previous firmware I had a user-preset pad set like the upper 4 pads were cue points and the lower 4 pads were roll-loops. Now the roll loops do not work anymore in the user pad set... it is like they trigger a milli-second and the turn off. Please investigate.
popnwave 4:39 PM - 26 December, 2018
All I want for Boxing Day is a ban.
r3k0 4:43 PM - 26 December, 2018
He prob not happy if he dont get a monthly ban 👍👍
r3k0 4:43 PM - 26 December, 2018
😅😅😅
r3k0 4:47 PM - 26 December, 2018
:D Gotta have goals hey geez? :D
Bang Ali 5:05 PM - 26 December, 2018
Quote:
[original post removed]

Hey you sorry trolling lowlife, i was talking about the -> option.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:00 PM - 26 December, 2018
Sorry all, I've banned DJ Intrigue (aka Aptidda aka TFBN). I had reached out to him privately to try to figure out what his problem was but to no avail. I'm going to delete some of his posts here as they are horrible and serve no purpose. If you see he's back again with a new account, please send me a PM and we'll ban him again.

Apologies for this, this type of behavior is unacceptable on out forums.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:02 PM - 26 December, 2018
Quote:
All I want for Boxing Day is a ban.

Wish granted!
r3k0 9:05 PM - 26 December, 2018
😅😅
Logisticalstyles 9:43 PM - 26 December, 2018
Thank you Michael R!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:59 PM - 26 December, 2018
No worries! I hope you're all having a good Christmas/holiday season :D
dj_soo 3:34 AM - 27 December, 2018
I'm sure he'll be back in the next couple days
DJ Barticus 8:46 PM - 27 December, 2018
The purple sample pads should be usable when both decks are playing real records thru the phone inputs, the 62 had sp-6 assign buttons
gfella 7:04 AM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:

This.

Would also like if you could load hardware effects into the Serato effects slots and use hardware effects only.
That way you can use your favorite effects without changing them all the time, like the 909.
Would like to see that the hardware effects startup order are saved they way you prefer.
Effects asign to the sampler should be saved also, like the 62.
dj_soo 7:47 AM - 6 March, 2019
Yea, some type of quick effect option would be great. Even if it was just on the touch pad.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:15 PM - 6 March, 2019
as someone already mentioned the option to assign the flex efx to one of the other effects aka the internal orange ones would be great
dj_soo 7:53 PM - 6 March, 2019
What do you mean by assigning flex fx to the internal effects? Are you talking post fader or just stacking effects on a single button?
05spoof 8:35 PM - 6 March, 2019
Not really a firmware request but a faceplate modification for newer units. One small whole that a small screwdriver can fit in for tension adjustment on all three magnetic faders.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:21 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
What do you mean by assigning flex fx to the internal effects? Are you talking post fader or just stacking effects on a single button?

I was a bit unclear,

i was taking about assigning the internal mixer effects to the orange banks giving quick er access to the effects rather then having to change the flex fx each time
DJ Barticus 10:53 PM - 6 March, 2019
id like an easier way to change the echo beat division. i don't use the serato effects so it would be awesome if they could change that parameter no matter what page i was on. the joystick on the 62 worked better.

also the echo seems to have some low cut to it, it would be great to have an option to turn that off so you could turn it into a looper, like the 62.
r3k0 10:55 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Not really a firmware request but a faceplate modification for newer units. One small whole that a small screwdriver can fit in for tension adjustment on all three magnetic faders.

Get your drill out ;)
dj_soo 11:59 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
id like an easier way to change the echo beat division. i don't use the serato effects so it would be awesome if they could change that parameter no matter what page i was on. the joystick on the 62 worked better.

also the echo seems to have some low cut to it, it would be great to have an option to turn that off so you could turn it into a looper, like the 62.

You can adjust the high pass in the echo in the effect settings.

In order to use it as a looper, use the hold echo effect.

Agree that the timing control sucks - most of the effect controls suck in general. They are using a single encoder to affect 9 different parameters (2 timing settings, 3 depth settings, and 4 effect selections all off the same knob). It’s about as inefficient a control scheme as I can think of.

I still don’t understand the reliance on using clickable encoders for so many parameters when there’s a touch screen right there. My only guess is that it requires some custom programming for serato, but if I can program my own control scheme - complete with sliders and buttons - using touch OSC on my iPad, it shouldn’t be difficult to implement a more intuitive touch control scheme for some of the options so we don’t have to use one fucking knob to control so many parameters.
gfella 9:04 AM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:

I hear you, but physical knobs would be better.
The way the tension adjust works now is clumsy.
There should be a lock system for preventing the screw coming loose when adjusting the tension.

If the mixer gets transported and the screw falls out and get stuck to the rail, you have a problem.
r3k0 9:41 AM - 7 March, 2019
Yes the screw should not be able to fall out But i would hardly call it a problem? 1 philips screw driver and 3 mins and all fixed again.

Tbh i have very little use for tension, i set all 3 faders to as loose as pos on day one.
Chino 12:21 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Tbh i have very little use for tension, i set all 3 faders to as loose as pos on day one.

+1. I do like having the tension adjust option but I also did the same thing.
r3k0 12:53 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

+1. I do like having the tension adjust option but I also did the same thing.

Hey we all like options ;-)

And just to add the last few turns of the screw dont make a difference to the tension so removing them so far that there is chance of them falling out isnt really needed.
gfella 6:54 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
Yes the screw should not be able to fall out But i would hardly call it a problem? 1 philips screw driver and 3 mins and all fixed again.

True, but when setting up for a gig you don’t want that.
And yes, the last turns doesn’t do much, but better safe than sorry.
Also when sharing the mixer who’s gonna take the faceplate off?

Don’t get me wrong, I love the feel of the Rane faders and modded them for years for people, but the tension design Is not really convenient.
Yes I know, you set the tension once, but you get my point.
r3k0 2:24 PM - 8 March, 2019
Yer i get your point mate, the design could of been better for people who use it, that's just not me ;-)