Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Pro 2.1 Does not recognize mp3 files loaded to crates recently

Jaime Calderon 1:49 AM - 15 December, 2018
when loading mp3 files to crate de serato 2.1 you do not recognize after restarting program, in addition the effects settings are not loaded when you connect the hardware
DJ Sound Technique 3:14 AM - 15 December, 2018
Adding new tracks, they play fine right then but when you restart they show as missing files? I am having that problem now, the beta 2 does not have this issue. I opened a help ticket already.
MarcusG 3:15 AM - 15 December, 2018
yes i have them issue too .. i went back to the pre version
DJ Sound Technique 3:17 AM - 15 December, 2018
Beta 2.1.0 (210723) seems to be okay
MarcusG 3:19 AM - 15 December, 2018
instead adding them to the database on my d drive they gonna end up in the c drive
DJ Sound Technique 3:21 AM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
instead adding them to the database on my d drive they gonna end up in the c drive

Yes I noticed the exact same thing, with my external disconnected, all the missing tracks were still showing in the index.
MarcusG 3:23 AM - 15 December, 2018
yes that's the way it is ... i tried on a different pc too ... same effect ...
MarcusG 3:25 AM - 15 December, 2018
before i'm messing up my database i'll stay on the old version for now ..
DJ MousE.ch 8:52 AM - 15 December, 2018
i have the same problem: all the track that i loaded after the update are gone, when i close Serato DJ Pro 2.1 and open it another time ???
Jaime Calderon 12:35 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">
Añadiendo nuevas pistas, se reproducen bien en ese momento, pero cuando reinicias, ¿se muestran como archivos perdidos? </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Estoy teniendo ese problema ahora, la beta 2 no tiene este problema. </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Ya abrí un ticket de ayuda.
</font></font>

Exactly, adding new files in version 2.1 reproduces them normally, marking CUE points. but when restarting Serato these files are lost. I had to go back to the previous version. It is the first time since I use Serato that I present problems. Windows 10 October 2018, I5-7200U, CPU 2.7 Ghz, 12GB Ram - Pioneer SX2
Dj Youkai 2:06 PM - 15 December, 2018
Is this only for PC? or Mac Also?
Twidel 5:27 PM - 15 December, 2018
Same problem here, the location of newly added files show up to be on the C drive after restarting the software, instead of the F drive, where they are and show to be initially.
File relocation option does work, but is extremely slow (Also in 2.1BETA) and only good for that one session. 2.05 works flawless.
This is a big bug. Please squash this one ASAP.
Twidel 5:31 PM - 15 December, 2018
Quote:
Same problem here, the location of newly added files show up to be on the C drive after restarting the software, instead of the F drive, where they are and show to be initially.
File relocation option does work, but is extremely slow (Also in 2.1BETA) and only good for that one session. 2.05 works flawless.
This is a big bug. Please squash this one ASAP.

Win10 1803 17134.407
DJ Sound Technique 6:14 PM - 15 December, 2018
File relocation did not work for me and yes, all the added files show up on the database for the C: drive which I didn't notice originally. The beta 2 works fine for me no issues.
DJ CarlsBad 9:09 PM - 15 December, 2018
Me too. Huge bug.
DJ Sound Technique 9:18 PM - 15 December, 2018
Yup, i was having another issue where it would read tags on the 9th restart after a fresh library rebuild, the beta fixes that, but the public release got hosed somehow. Fingers crossed, I am playing with the beta tonight for a 6hr X-Mas Party!!
Pop-I 11:55 PM - 15 December, 2018
Yup... That sucked...

Downgrading now... Hope they fix it soon
DJ Sound Technique 4:57 PM - 16 December, 2018
Played gig last night with the Beta 2 video all night no issues, library still rock solid.
Dirtbag Jules 11:30 PM - 16 December, 2018
Same problem here.

I have a C: drive with no music on it. I have a partition called D: with all my music on it.

When I create a new crate in Serato 2.1 and put a song in there that is stored on the D: drive I can play the song. After I restart Serato 2.1 and try to play the song again I get the following message 'could not find the song on C: drive'.

So Serato 2.1 does not regonize my D: drive.

When I store the song on my C: drive and put it in a crate, after restarting Serato there is no issue at all.

I tried building a new 'database V2' but that did not solve the problem

Only thing that worked is to go back to the previous version.
DjSyndic8 5:32 AM - 17 December, 2018
I agree I added a new crate but when I reopen serato the crate is not there back to 2.05
Sticky K 1:39 PM - 17 December, 2018
Yup, same issue here. Downgraded from 2.1.0.
Ron Morin 2:19 PM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:

same issue over here.

quick fix please
Dirtbag Jules 3:01 PM - 17 December, 2018
I got a reply from Serrato Support:

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the Serato DJ Pro 2.1.0 update.

We are currently looking into reports similar to the behaviour you have described. This has been logged as a bug and is currently being investigated.

To assist us, it would be great if you can send through your computers system report. Please follow this article to get this, making sure that all USB devices you use while DJing are connected at the time.
Please then send the resulting file as an attachment to this email.

In the meantime we recommend rolling back to Serato DJ 2.0.5. Please follow the steps below to do this

Proceed to Control panel > Programs and Features
Locate and select 'Serato DJ Pro' from the list
Click 'Uninstall'
Download and install Serato DJ 2.0.5 from here - serato.com
Follow the steps in this guide to relocate your missing files - Using the 'Relocate Lost Files' feature
Once this process has completed, close and reopen Serato DJ Pro 2.0.5
Confirm that the newly added files are now located in the correct location
We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and look forward to hearing back from you with your system report.

Kind Regards,
DJ Sound Technique 6:35 PM - 17 December, 2018
Interesting, I got no support reply at all and I submitted two tickets...
DJ Sound Technique 7:28 PM - 17 December, 2018
And rolling back to 2.0.5 is not an option because there is a bug that caused tags to re-read after multiple restarts of the program!! At least so far, the beta Serato DJ Pro 2.1.0.723_64bit_Installer.exe is working okay on windows 10
Jaime Calderon 8:09 PM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">
Interesante, no recibí ninguna respuesta de soporte y envié dos boletos ...
</font></font>

Dear
I got the answer from the support of serato.
DjSyndic8 9:07 PM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

same issue over here.

quick fix please

Go in file browser and manually drag the folder onto thd crate section and then analyse in offline mode and your good to go that seems to fix it for me temp workaround
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:20 PM - 17 December, 2018
Thanks everyone, we are investigating this issue now. Please continue your discussions with your Support Team member in the help request ticked if you already have one open. They will get back to you with any further information and any updates or findings you might have is definitly helpful to report there. We will let you know of any updates regarding this.
DJ Sound Technique 9:47 PM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:
Thanks everyone, we are investigating this issue now. Please continue your discussions with your Support Team member in the help request ticked if you already have one open. They will get back to you with any further information and any updates or findings you might have is definitly helpful to report there. We will let you know of any updates regarding this.

I have not got a response yet from my ticket? How can you find your ticket and update it now? use to be able to add things to the running ticket too
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:54 PM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:

You can just reply to the email from support@serato.com and they will respond shortly, as you can imagine we are usually quite busy but they will get back to you.
Ron Morin 12:51 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

same issue over here.

quick fix please

rolled back...

waiting for permanent solution
DJ Sound Technique 8:07 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

You can just reply to the email from support@serato.com and they will respond shortly, as you can imagine we are usually quite busy but they will get back to you.

I entered two tickets and never got an email from serato.com, weird, it always worked in the past and I thought they showed in private discussions?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:09 PM - 18 December, 2018
Hi DJ Sound Technique, are you talking about in the General Discussion Forum or though our Support Help Ticket system? Our Support Team do not generally deal with Support Requests in the General Discussion area of the forum.

I've checked our Help Tickets and doesn't look like you have any active/open. If you are having technical issues you can start a Help Request here > support.serato.com

Thanks
DJ Sound Technique 11:01 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Hi DJ Sound Technique, are you talking about in the General Discussion Forum or though our Support Help Ticket system? Or Support Team do not generally deal with Support Requests in the General Discussion area of the forum.

I've checked our Help Tickets and doesn't look like you have any active/open. If you are having technical issues you can start a Help Request here > support.serato.com

Thanks

I did two separate tickets through the support system, I can't see anywhere that shows status of a ticket and no emails from Serato.
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:22 AM - 19 December, 2018
Quote:
I did two separate tickets through the support system

Can you please give me the ticket #s?

I've looked through our system using your email address and it looks like you started one Help Ticket in 2016, and one in 2017 that were both resolved - but none that I can see that are recent.
DJ Sound Technique 5:57 PM - 19 December, 2018
Really weird. I never got a number, I went through it twice. i will do it again now.
DJ Sound Technique 7:49 PM - 24 December, 2018
Scott it is an issue with Captcha on Firefox. I used Chrome and it went through #515545
Dj Alexlyra 3:27 AM - 27 December, 2018
Meu problema aqui é o seguinte após fazer a atualização para a nova versão do serato dj pro 2.1, ao abri o serato e conectar o meu hardware DDJ SB o mesmo não esta sendo reconhecido pelo sretao dj pro 2.1já voltei para versão 2.05 ja tentei tambem pelo serato lite e não consigo usar alguem pode me ajudar ?
DJ Sound Technique 5:29 PM - 31 December, 2018
Okay Support says that the issue has been patched in the most recent download, anyone tried yet?
DJ Sound Technique 5:47 PM - 31 December, 2018
I just confirmed that downloading and installing again corrected the issue!
Dirtbag Jules 7:22 AM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
I just confirmed that downloading and installing again corrected the issue!

Yes, it looks like the problem is solved!
fasta rasta 8:59 AM - 4 January, 2019
Are people seeing this problem is fixed? Is there a new download? there is no new version number, or announcement that there is a new version.

So is the current download a fixed build of the earlier bugged version or not? I don't get it. Why not say it's fixed, here's a new version. What gives?

I've been silently suffering with this bug thinking that there will be a fix in the next build and had to come here and read that it's fixed. No news on the serato download page. Had to scroll to the last few comments where people are saying it's fixed. When did this fix come out? Anybody know?

Only after downloading and seeing that the new download (with the same name as the previous one) contains a later build number (2.1.0.797) than the one before (2.1.0.791). So it is a new build. Why no notification? I mean someone fucked up and a bug snuck through. We're all human, it's expected from time to time. Why obscure the fact that it's been patched?
Comrade Tulayev 9:09 AM - 4 January, 2019
How have they obscured it? It's got a different build number.
fasta rasta 9:32 AM - 4 January, 2019
Well you're not going to know it's a different build number unless you download it and check. You're not likely to download and check if you're waiting for an updated version. If they didn't want to increase the version number (which seems to be the case) then it would help people who had downloaded the earlier build if they knew there was a new build.
Dirtbag Jules 10:11 AM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
Are people seeing this problem is fixed? Is there a new download? there is no new version number, or announcement that there is a new version.

So is the current download a fixed build of the earlier bugged version or not? I don't get it. Why not say it's fixed, here's a new version. What gives?

I've been silently suffering with this bug thinking that there will be a fix in the next build and had to come here and read that it's fixed. No news on the serato download page. Had to scroll to the last few comments where people are saying it's fixed. When did this fix come out? Anybody know?

Only after downloading and seeing that the new download (with the same name as the previous one) contains a later build number (2.1.0.797) than the one before (2.1.0.791). So it is a new build. Why no notification? I mean someone fucked up and a bug snuck through. We're all human, it's expected from time to time. Why obscure the fact that it's been patched?

I received an email from Serato and they told me they fixed the problem. They advised me to redownload 2.1, so I did. I tested it and the problem seems to be fixed.
fasta rasta 10:30 AM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
I received an email from Serato and they told me they fixed the problem. They advised me to redownload 2.1, so I did. I tested it and the problem seems to be fixed.

I'm glad it's fixed. I guess you found out because you submitted a bug report. When did they send you the email?
Dirtbag Jules 10:50 AM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I'm glad it's fixed. I guess you found out because you submitted a bug report. When did they send you the email?

Yes I did.

They send me the email 2 days ago.