DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rusty screws on Rane Sixty Two

lvmez 2:52 AM - 4 December, 2018
There is a really good deal on a Rane Sixty Two. The photos I saw showed rusty screws on the front plate. The owner can not explain why. He said there has been no water damage.

I used to own a 62 years ago but never heard of this issue. Have any of you guys experienced this?

Thanks
Lou Dog 3:18 AM - 4 December, 2018
Mine had it also. Never any water damage. Always kept in a case. I really try to baby my gear. I also have no good reason for it. Possibly very small amounts of condensation from drinks dripping into mixer lol. But mine always worked fine
lvmez 3:27 AM - 4 December, 2018
Thank you for the quick response. The seller also had it in a case. Do you know if they sell the screws?
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:09 AM - 4 December, 2018
The screws can be gotten but would only need a quick rub with a wire brush or steel wool, chances are the screws got a bit worn fro.lm taking the face plate off for fader maintance, if you really want to be sure when you go to get it open it up and you'll know

I have a 72 and the screws are all ready showing wear and tear, rane should consider other methods to adjust the faders without having to open up the mixer
Lou Dog 7:26 PM - 4 December, 2018
Man I'm not sure about selling the screw. I would imagine there just screws you could get from a hardware store. My face plate still came off fine but never had to replace screws

I agree with dj sparky. If it's local just open it up and you'll know
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:05 PM - 4 December, 2018
the 72 screws appear to be 1/4 " x 1/8" counter sunk screws not sure on the thread type though
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:06 PM - 4 December, 2018
so i bet there are they same as the 62
lvmez 3:07 AM - 5 December, 2018
Thank you guys!!