Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane 12 / 72 Instant doubles: pitch not like turntables

alexanderadams 5:06 AM - 30 November, 2018
Maybe i'm missing something, if someone can help me out.
I just got my Rane 12's and i'm coming from regular turntables.
When you use instant double on turntables, you have to manually ensure the pitch is the same on both sides to get the same track.
I get the 12's are a controller, and midi and stuff, and it's cool that it's PERFECT instant doubles.
HOWEVER, is there a way to disable this? Sometimes i find my pitch all the way to the right or left from the previous track and its kind of annoying at this point.
In short where ever the pitch is on load, i'd like the track to load to the speed of where the pitch physically is.
dj_soo 9:54 AM - 30 November, 2018
yea, this is what controllers do and the Twelves are essentially just a controller controlling internal mode.

Doesn't seem like there's any way of turning it off - even if you disable sync.

Honestly I prefer it this way and wished that it would function that way with DVS since I've gotten so used to that behaviour on controllers and playing off one deck often.

Should be easy enough to just 0 the pitch and hit instant doubles again.

The few times I use sync takes advantage of this actually in that I use it to extend the pitch range of my techs. If one track is say a little too far apart even at plus 8, I just 0 the pitch, hit sync and then the 0 point of the turntable pitch has now jumped up and I can still manually pitch ride and beatmatch through it.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 10:01 AM - 30 November, 2018
Quote:
yea, this is what controllers do and the Twelves are essentially just a controller controlling internal mode.

Doesn't seem like there's any way of turning it off - even if you disable sync.

Honestly I prefer it this way and wished that it would function that way with DVS since I've gotten so used to that behaviour on controllers and playing off one deck often.

Should be easy enough to just 0 the pitch and hit instant doubles again.

The few times I use sync takes advantage of this actually in that I use it to extend the pitch range of my techs. If one track is say a little too far apart even at plus 8, I just 0 the pitch, hit sync and then the 0 point of the turntable pitch has now jumped up and I can still manually pitch ride and beatmatch through it.

I agree. You essentially learn to work with it.
alexanderadams 4:55 AM - 2 December, 2018
there has to be a way to turn this off. smh.
every time i double i instinctively move to adjust the pitch to the copied deck lol and then completely throws it off.
zeroing the pitch and hitting instant doubles doesn't work though cause no time for all that. what if i don't want to play the song at zero pitch?
so i have to move the pitch before hitting instant double and guessing about where the other is, which isn't true to the turntable experience as a whole with beat matching by ear.
cool it does it, but i don't want it to LoL.
dj_soo 10:13 AM - 2 December, 2018
nope - no way to turn it off. you could try to make a feature request, but I'm pretty sure you'll just adapt before Serato does anything about it.

Personally, I can't stand that it doesn't exist when using DVS. It's super convenient.
AKIEM 4:53 AM - 11 December, 2018
imo the old instant double work flow is easier. I only occasionally adjust the 'INT' deck with 12.