Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How am I meant to plug Rane 62 into new Retina Mac?

DJ Snuff One 12:58 AM - 10 November, 2018
i been having worse troubles trying to optimise my macbook pro to run serato without freezing.. serato worked fine for years now it's as stable as teresa may's dancing.. feels like proper junk useless tech..

so today i bit the bullet and bought a new model retina mac.. it's OP mojave which i already know is an issue.. but then the connections.. I use a RANE 62.. the Rane connects with USB.. there's only thunderbolt conections on this new mac.. how am I meant to connect? Is there a cable I should buy? I can't find info online anyplace.. and have a 6 hour gig coming up tonight.. dramas serato dramas

anyone know a solution of no cable available, anyone know why there's no cable available if there isn't? I'v heard of the thunderbolt hub thing for plugging in USBs.. will Rane 62 function perfect through that set up? Doesn't seem ideal not having a direct cable.
Logisticalstyles 4:42 PM - 10 November, 2018
That's a USB C port on your new Mac. There are plenty of adapters out there to use. Go to your local Apple store or electronics store like Best Buy or MicroCenter and you can get either an adapter or the cable with the correct ends.

www.bestbuy.com
RDJUK 4:33 PM - 11 November, 2018
Ain't that something. You need an adapter to use standard, worldwide 'universal' usb on a new Mac. Talk about 'Think Different'.
popnwave 3:47 PM - 12 November, 2018
Quote:
Ain't that something. You need an adapter to use standard, worldwide 'universal' usb on a new Mac. Talk about 'Think Different'.

Lots of high end laptops are like that now. Have you ever used a Dell XPS?
jony G 4:16 PM - 12 November, 2018
i found that you can buy a USB C to USB B lead which is what is needed for this , you can buy them for 10 pounds off ebay or 14 usd from DJ Tech tools