Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Recording in Serato with DJM S9

DJ HB3 4:40 AM - 3 November, 2018
Hi Everyone, I recently got a DJM S9 and I am trying to record my mixes. When I click the record button the levels don't move when I choose "mix". When it choose channel 1 or channel 2, you can see that the levels are moving. I am using channels 1 and 2 on the mixer. Any thoughts?
YZ 2:16 AM - 6 November, 2018
this my man, I know you all love me, help him out.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:41 PM - 6 November, 2018
Unfortunately the DJM S9 has a serious bug that Pioneer has refused to address when is comes to recording on your unit. I had the S9 and experienced the same issue, could never get it to record.

That's why I donated my S9 and purchased the king of all mixers- the Rane 72. Now everything works flawless.
YZ 5:42 PM - 6 November, 2018
Quote:
Unfortunately the DJM S9 has a serious bug that Pioneer has refused to address when is comes to recording on your unit. I had the S9 and experienced the same issue, could never get it to record.

That's why I donated my S9 and purchased the king of all mixers- the Rane 72. Now everything works flawless.

Damn, no troll serious on this though? The mixer has been out for years, how does it not internally record running Serato yet? Any links to the bug article or something I can read?
Supagee 2:40 AM - 7 November, 2018
I have had this issue, you need to go into the Pioneer S9 setting utility and just select "Mix(rec out)" on the USB 5/6

This has been an issue with recording on the S9 for quite a long time and really frustrating
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:21 AM - 7 November, 2018
I have the S9 and it records fine. I don't think I do anything special than just pressing record.

Quote:
I have had this issue, you need to go into the Pioneer S9 setting utility and just select "Mix(rec out)" on the USB 5/6

This has been an issue with recording on the S9 for quite a long time and really frustrating

Does it revert back to default or is this a one off setting...I m trying to understand the "really frustrating" bit.
YZ 3:01 PM - 7 November, 2018
He fixed it, had to go into the Pioneer app to make the change.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:23 PM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
He fixed it, had to go into the Pioneer app to make the change.

Sound.
Dj Stylz-1 5:30 PM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Hi Everyone, I recently got a DJM S9 and I am trying to record my mixes. When I click the record button the levels don't move when I choose "mix". When it choose channel 1 or channel 2, you can see that the levels are moving. I am using channels 1 and 2 on the mixer. Any thoughts?

Hey man,

I'm with @djmarvthemaverick. I have 0 issues recording. Have you tried changing the format? Is there any sound when you try to record?
YZ 7:30 PM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Hey man,

I'm with @djmarvthemaverick. I have 0 issues recording. Have you tried changing the format? Is there any sound when you try to record?

already said he fixed it bruh
Dj Stylz-1 8:08 PM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey man,

already said he fixed it bruh

Wow - talk about being late to the party. Thanks
Carbon the Element 2:42 PM - 27 July, 2019
The thread is still hilarious because homie up top said he sold his S9 because Rane blah blah blah and it's a setting to select. Nada mas. Hilarious indeed.
DJ BIS 6:06 AM - 2 August, 2019
Quote:

I have been having this issue, you totally saved me a few hours. Same thing here.
Every time you unplug the S9 and reconnect I have to select the correct RECORD source channel. I can't believe that this is still an issue after all this time! SMH.

At least now I know what the issue is.... Thank you.
Supagee 4:10 AM - 9 August, 2019
actually i had this issue with the S9 for a long time to get it to work go into the pioneer folder then open the utilities and on USB5/6 it should say mix (rec out) and what you need to do is change it to something else then change it back to mix (rec out) and then the signal will start coming through.

do this when the mixer is plugged into computer and you have serato up and ready to go. if your playing a song and have record selected in serato to see the volume ect you will see the meters go from reading nothing to getting the signal.

this is something i reported well over a year ago, and you have to do those steps every time
DJ BIS 10:21 PM - 13 September, 2019
Finally fixed this problem on my WIN10 computer.
DO not use the driver that Serato installs when it first sees the mixer. When you connect the USB Serato will install the driver it thinks will work with the S9. It's fine with the exception of some little issues.
I uninstalled the driver and driver utility, etc. And started fresh by downloading and installing the Driver files from Pioneer's website. It seems to be a more complete/up-to-date release (even though is marked with the same release number).

The actual driver from Pioneer seems to have fixed this for my S9.
As a side note, my SX3 was also having other problems. Same story! Fixed with the Pioneer driver.

Your mileage may vary, but I think it's worth a chance!

Cheers!