Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Please Make Serato DJ Pro for iOS!

TurtleFaceBrownNoser 8:37 PM - 1 November, 2018
Serato Corporation,

I would like to humbly and kindly request for you to make Serato for iOS! The entire community is behind me in this request. My iphone XS Max has 512GB of storage and the processor is certainly powerful enough to run this program.

Considering the power and storage size of these amazing new Apple devices being released can you please make it for iOS?

Please x infinity x infinity

Thank you!
DjSyndic8 11:32 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Serato Corporation,

I would like to humbly and kindly request for you to make Serato for iOS! The entire community is behind me in this request. My iphone XS Max has 512GB of storage and the processor is certainly powerful enough to run this program.

Considering the power and storage size of these amazing new Apple devices being released can you please make it for iOS?

Please x infinity x infinity

Thank you!

re-post it in this area it will be more effective serato.com
Laz219 12:36 AM - 2 November, 2018
The entire community huh?
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:30 AM - 2 November, 2018
Thanks for the request, we don't have any plans to include an iOS version at this stage but would be quite cool indeed!
DJ Unique 4:05 AM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:

"huh?" X2

Zero need for me.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 3:43 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

"huh?" X2

Zero need for me.

Zero need for better portability and convenience? Enlighten me how this is not an absolutely fantastic idea.
popnwave 4:21 PM - 2 November, 2018
If Apple drops an ARM based MacBook / Air we might see this eventually.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:30 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:

ya well the iPhone xs single core performance is better than the current MacBook pro.... So we should see this on iphones and ipads definitely.
popnwave 4:39 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

ya well the iPhone xs single core performance is better than the current MacBook pro.... So we should see this on iphones and ipads definitely.

No, they are better than the MacBooks but not the pros just yet, even on the iPads from Tuesday. They are within striking distance and that's why the 2020 rumors of ONE of the smaller laptop lines might make the jump.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:45 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, they are better than the MacBooks but not the pros just yet, even on the iPads from Tuesday. They are within striking distance and that's why the 2020 rumors of ONE of the smaller laptop lines might make the jump.

Exactly, so the iPhone xs could certainly run Serato DJ. This needs to be a priority for Serato.
Mutis Mayfield 8:57 PM - 2 November, 2018
You had winner a serato chair.
Gio Alex 9:13 PM - 2 November, 2018
Low key flex post
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:46 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Low key flex post

humble flex
Gio Alex 10:46 PM - 2 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Low key flex post

humble flex

hahaha
Mutis Mayfield 2:41 PM - 3 November, 2018
I’m a bit Apu sometimes :}
Lately a bit more since my brain is burning with life (and age).

The point was:

This could be a great request for some users (maybe not the majority anyways) but Serato instead of taking notes just invite users to get a chair and wait for nothing because probably is not going to happen never (sadly).

They also rejected talking about midifying numark cdx years ago... before releasing Twelves.
Things change but in Serato seems they do only when external force drive them...

Not sure about the future of iOS platform, maybe Serato is waiting for full macOS iPads even when Adobe is porting Photoshop, who knows?
YZ 6:06 AM - 4 November, 2018
If this is created, I'm buying a fully decked out iPad tomorrow when I wake up at 1145am.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:00 PM - 4 November, 2018
We don't have any plans to make an iOS version at this stage.
Hanginon 10:31 PM - 4 November, 2018
Quote:
We don't have any plans to make an iOS version at this stage.

My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, but most of all, I Thank You!
Emb 10:46 PM - 4 November, 2018
Not gonna lie. Would be seriously interested in this. The performance from the new iPads which hammers most laptops, just about has me ready to jump ship from my MacBook Pro with the announcement of full-fledged Photoshop for the platform. I know you don't have plans at the moment, but still wanted to throw my hat into the ring for it! : )
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:47 PM - 4 November, 2018
Quote:
I know you don't have plans at the moment, but still wanted to throw my hat into the ring for it! : )

Thanks! I will pass on your feedback to our Products Team :)
DJ Stygma 4:30 PM - 5 November, 2018
I agree, if Photoshop can do it, so can you.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:47 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
If this is created, I'm buying a fully decked out iPad tomorrow when I wake up at 1145am.

Ya I ordered mine on launch day. Never thought I would be spending almost 3 g's on an ipad with all the accessories. But the 1TB version is the only way to go. At least I got free shipping!
YZ 4:38 PM - 12 November, 2018
I never had a use for a tablet but they will soon replace notebooks so for Serato's sake, they may want to start future-proofing their product with some research & dev. That's IF hardware manufacturer's don't eliminate the use of the laptop completely by integrating software directly into the mixer (with a larger display), ala Denon. When that happens, I'm chucking the macbook in the trash and adopting.
Mutis Mayfield 5:03 PM - 12 November, 2018
Pioneer tour line is that but of course a bit procey in comparision.
Mutis Mayfield 5:03 PM - 12 November, 2018
Pricey. The lack of edit post in this forum is fun/frustrating at 50% levels.
Chino 5:49 PM - 12 November, 2018
Quote:
I never had a use for a tablet but they will soon replace notebooks so for Serato's sake, they may want to start future-proofing their product with some research & dev. That's IF hardware manufacturer's don't eliminate the use of the laptop completely by integrating software directly into the mixer (with a larger display), ala Denon. When that happens, I'm chucking the macbook in the trash and adopting.

+1. A SDJ Pro embedded device is the future!!
17tr2 9:58 PM - 12 November, 2018
Why ipad? They should make it for Android.
YZ 10:37 PM - 12 November, 2018
Quote:

ecosystem
popnwave 5:58 PM - 13 November, 2018
Quote:

Android is lacking in most of the major DJ software players because of the latency issues using audio. That has been a problem for years and doesn't seem to be an issue that Google or hardware makers seem to care about.
YZ 8:26 PM - 13 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Android is lacking in most of the major DJ software players because of the latency issues using audio. That has been a problem for years and doesn't seem to be an issue that Google or hardware makers seem to care about.

... and again it's been said here by many, if you're serious about your music stay with Apple. I do however prefer Android cell's over iPhone's.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 6:01 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

... and again it's been said here by many, if you're serious about your music stay with Apple. I do however prefer Android cell's over iPhone's.

You only "prefer" Android cell's because you cant afford the iPhone XS.
YZ 9:38 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not true. I PM'd you my bank records.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:38 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not true. I PM'd you my bank records.

respect
17tr2 10:01 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I was just kidding. When I saw it was Aptidda's thread, I wanted to give him a little something for his nose.
Christ beats I. 9:37 AM - 29 June, 2019
I have been asking Serato for an iOS version for years. I understand the cost of development may be an issue but that would easily be balanced if a decent marketing strategy is employed from the outset. At this point I really don't know anyone who uses Serato that would not use the iOS system if it was released. That's a good sign. Even Traktor DJ and Algoriddim have not faulterd in return on their investment into iOS. If they did the platform would have died a few years ago but it never and now we have MK2 and MK3 versions of each.
These days I am actually reluctant to by a laptop o we an iPad whereas a few years ago all I wanted was a laptop to DJ with and I went through a few too. Now most of the stuff I do is with my iPad and now with the newish usb 3 camera dongle that has a power port I can link more controllers to Algoriddim DJ on the iPad than Serato can on a laptop. That kind of dates Serato DJ Pro. The sheer convenience of the iPad being as portable and with less moving parts makes it the robust choice. No keyboard to worry about or lid...and it's faster! I'm not going to go into specs heavily but look at what an iPad can do with just 2gb of ram!! It's ridiculous. It blisters through anylizing your library and it leave most MacBooks behind today and that's just the standard 2018 iPad! Come on Serato it's a natural progression for you in my eyes and most certainly a smile on your investers faces in the long, I hope you find the tech talent to do this, it's a clear winner.
YZ 8:13 PM - 2 July, 2019
No point anymore, already we're seeing the software and hardware as 1 unit. Nobody will be using laptops anymore in a few yrs, serato will be baked into the mixer.
Christ beats I. 10:12 PM - 2 July, 2019
Quote:
No point anymore, already we're seeing the software and hardware as 1 unit. Nobody will be using laptops anymore in a few yrs, serato will be baked into the mixer.

I understand that will be an option but will that mean beginner controllers with Serato lite only and no option for use with the pro version..? Might that restrict the freedoms we have today to use any controller in the future for Pro software..the next 5 years might prove some new ground... obviously...ha ha.
stratoferris 5:26 PM - 4 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I understand that will be an option but will that mean beginner controllers with Serato lite only and no option for use with the pro version..? Might that restrict the freedoms we have today to use any controller in the future for Pro software..the next 5 years might prove some new ground... obviously...ha ha.

Total agree that software and hardware is an option...but not flexible enough. Djay on an iPad is something to be witnessed. Laptops will be shelved in short order! Again witness the power of a current iPad Pro vs MacBook Pro www.macrumors.com the price alone will drive the masses to the iPad. The problem with the all-in-one solution is flexibility, software updates because CPU is to slow, and price.
I can buy a decent controller for less than $1000 and use my iPhone if I had too! Serato on an iPad would be insane if done properly. The very basic controller to the flagship models could
be standardized. Streaming is here to stay...the naysayers who don't trust streaming should talk to the venue or festival...I mean they have cashless wristbands for Petes sake, I'm pretty sure they can have solid wifi for the Djs. This is where the DJ software companies again need to collaborate and standardize Streaming services Spotify and iTunes come to mind! Tidal is a joke as well as Soundcloud. Pulselocker had a great service with an okay selection but just too early in the game and was not marketed properly, unfortunately Beatport bought backend and well Beatpoort is doing Beatport...not much! Back to the point of All in ones are great and expensive but have an expiration date. iPads are the immediate future...5 years from now we won't need a DJ!
Christ beats I. 5:48 PM - 4 July, 2019
Quote:
expiration

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Total agree that software and hardware is an option...but not flexible enough. Djay on an iPad is something to be witnessed. Laptops will be shelved in short order! Again witness the power of a current iPad Pro vs MacBook Pro www.macrumors.com the price alone will drive the masses to the iPad. The problem with the all-in-one solution is flexibility, software updates because CPU is to slow, and price.
I can buy a decent controller for less than $1000 and use my iPhone if I had too! Serato on an iPad would be insane if done properly. The very basic controller to the flagship models could
be standardized. Streaming is here to stay...the naysayers who don't trust streaming should talk to the venue or festival...I mean they have cashless wristbands for Petes sake, I'm pretty sure they can have solid wifi for the Djs. This is where the DJ software companies again need to collaborate and standardize Streaming services Spotify and iTunes come to mind! Tidal is a joke as well as Soundcloud. Pulselocker had a great service with an okay selection but just too early in the game and was not marketed properly, unfortunately Beatport bought backend and well Beatpoort is doing Beatport...not much! Back to the point of All in ones are great and expensive but have an expiration date. iPads are the immediate future...5 years from now we won't need a DJ!

The maintenance on any laptop is ridiculous if you compare it to cdj it's an extra labour in itself that can in my experience become tiresome and a complete buzz kill!
Maintenance on an iPad...what maintenance on an iPad, there just isn't any! No keyboard to worry about, no hardrive failure, no hinges or screws! People can still use a 2 or 3rd gen iPad with some software like DJ Player pro and that is so e serious software with little recognition. DJing will probably become more automated for the sheer sake of convenience alone in the future.
But for now Serato on an iPad would probably be the biggest buzz of the year if they ever do it!
Christ beats I. 9:22 AM - 7 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I will be honest with you mate I am somewhat surprised albeit probably though ignorance that Serato has not gone with Spotify or Apple music! Serato apparently can handle more obscure beat grids than say Traktor so the crossing of Genres is less of a problem for Serato software so for those who use the two biggest streaming services in the entire world are going to have a capable programme via Serato. I use Algoriddim DJ on ios simply because it is a quality yes but Spotify does not just focus on EDM in general like Beatport for example of which is niche in comparison. I havent felt drawn to Soundcloud or Tidal to be honest although Tidal would probably be my choice due to the diversity of content. Also Tidal off Hi Res streaming albeit expensive so on a 24bit soundcard it will blow most of the others out of the water!
chuppy 2:56 AM - 9 July, 2019
Serato is waisting time from not start doing ios is the future just basic wave cuepoint mixer and samples nice layout for search engine easy loads itunes music or mp3 sales at leat for 30 usa will be great if other can why cant serato has not doing it
DJ Tecniq 3:36 AM - 9 July, 2019
Isn’t that what Serato Remote is for🤔
dj_soo 6:41 PM - 9 July, 2019
Quote:
I will be honest with you mate I am somewhat surprised albeit probably though ignorance that Serato has not gone with Spotify or Apple music!

I'm still surprised that people think this is Serato's choice to use those services.
Rebelguy 7:45 PM - 9 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I will be honest with you mate I am somewhat surprised albeit probably though ignorance that Serato has not gone with Spotify or Apple music!

I'm still surprised that people think this is Serato's choice to use those services.

+1
vboyd666 9:49 PM - 10 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I would have a tendency to agree with your if there isn't now precedence for Spotify in a DJ software program (DJay).
Laz219 10:33 PM - 10 July, 2019
There's also precedence for Spotify killing off access from DJ software (VDJ)
Since Spotify don't have a public performance plan (or probably any licensing agreements with the record labels to even offer it at this point) it won't be coming to software like RB/traktor/SDJ unless something new is announced on Spotify's side.
dj_soo 4:11 AM - 11 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would have a tendency to agree with your if there isn't now precedence for Spotify in a DJ software program (DJay).

And how many other programs have spotify? None. I still think Algoriddim has some type of grandfathered clause when they made the deal before spotify became as big as it is.

And as mentioned above, VDJ tried to implement support and they got a cease and desist as a result.
Charlie 9:35 PM - 28 September, 2019
Serato Sample on iPad would be incredible.
DJ dørbystarr 10:07 PM - 17 November, 2019
Sombody test it with a TRAKTOR-soundcard: www.bonedo.de