Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-SB2 + XLR CONDENSER MIC

Dave Breakz 9:35 AM - 24 October, 2018
So here´s the deal,

I have a DDJ-SB2 Controller and a XLR Condenser MIC.
The DDJ has a 3.5mm normal plug for MIC so it´s not possible to connect any XLR equipment there.

However, I have an external audio card with phantom power for the MIC. Is it possible to route in any way to route the Microphone Input from the external soundcard to Serato?

Basically I want to do voice-overs the mixes I´m doing in serato but with the condenser mic.

Any advices are welcome :)
Logisticalstyles 2:32 PM - 24 October, 2018
Quote:
The DDJ has a 3.5mm normal plug for MIC
No, it has a 1/4" mic input. The 3.5mm is a headphone jack.

Quote:
I have an external audio card with phantom power for the MIC

What make and model is the sound card?

Quote:
Is it possible to route in any way to route the Microphone Input from the external soundcard to Serato

The only way I can see this working is if the sound card has a headphone output and you run that output to the mic jack on the SB2. Most likely that would be a 1/4" to 1/4" connection. But if you have to do all of that I would just go get a regular mic to plug into the SB2.
577er 4:01 PM - 24 October, 2018
Will never work, you need phantom power to use a condenser mic. The mic pre's on the SB2 SUCK ASS and definitely don't have phantom power. Love that little controller but the mic input is trash. Get a dynamic mic with a 1/4 to XLR cable and your in business.
Dave Breakz 4:10 PM - 24 October, 2018
What about the SERATO + AUDACITY solution?

This way I can use input for Serato + Mic Input coming from the Roland TRI-Capture.
Anyone tested this?

source: bit.ly
577er 7:18 PM - 24 October, 2018
Looks like the SB2 doesn't record the mic input no matter what kind of mic you use, so you are going to have to record via an external mixer like the Roland TRI-Capture. Ideally you would use a mixer that can send a -10dB signal via RCA outs to the input jack of your laptop running Audacity.