Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

latency problem

Dax 6:26 AM - 3 October, 2018
i'm having problems with latency, it kicks in after about 25 mins of playing. been told by serato support its a Apple problem but i dont get it if using SSL!!

its a
2018 13" touch bar MBP
16gb
connected to SL3

anyone else having a latency problem ?
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:12 AM - 3 October, 2018
Could be drivers. Rane is currently rewriting their drivers.
DJ Tecniq 3:46 PM - 3 October, 2018
Yup their drivers been a problem. Which usb hub are you using? Since the Touchbar has 1 USB port you must be using a hub for other devices?
Dax 3:55 PM - 3 October, 2018
Quote:
Yup their drivers been a problem. Which usb hub are you using? Since the Touchbar has 1 USB port you must be using a hub for other devices?

not using a hub and my MBP has 4 thunderbolt/USB-c ports
DJ Tecniq 4:02 PM - 3 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha so how’s the SL3 plugged in? Thought the SL3 uses just a reg usb cable? I sold mine for the S9 awhile back.
DJ Tecniq 4:03 PM - 3 October, 2018
What OS are you using? At least you’re able to use SSL with it.
Dax 4:14 PM - 3 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha so how’s the SL3 plugged in? Thought the SL3 uses just a reg usb cable? I sold mine for the S9 awhile back.

yeah it does but ive got a usb-c to usb adaptor(apple branded)and also a usb-c to usb lead.
Quote:
What OS are you using? At least you’re able to use SSL with it.

as for OS i'm on 10.13.6
yeah if it wasnt for SSL i'd be pulling my hair out
DJ Tecniq 4:46 PM - 3 October, 2018
That sucks man but there’s been a lot of users with issues on the Touchbar w/Serato. Why I never got one but hope you get it resolved.
HighTopFade 4:48 PM - 3 October, 2018
Does the SL2 have similar problems with the 2018 Macs?
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:10 PM - 3 October, 2018
Have opened a support request with Serato?

They may be able to assist you.

I have the 17 MBP and no latency issues with S9 and 62.
Dax 6:16 AM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
Have opened a support request with Serato?

They may be able to assist you.

I have the 17 MBP and no latency issues with S9 and 62.

yeah i did and not happy with the response,it was no help at all,blamed apple and said a 2018 MBP couldn't handle the load being put on the USB port by SL3.
Dax 6:20 AM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
Does the SL2 have similar problems with the 2018 Macs?

i'm not sure,but from the response i got serato support are saying its an OSX problem
Dax 6:24 AM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
That sucks man but there’s been a lot of users with issues on the Touchbar w/Serato. Why I never got one but hope you get it resolved.

thanks ,me too as i bought the MBP just for running seratodj
Dax 6:38 AM - 4 October, 2018
here's the reply i got from support,what it says to me is Macs are not up to the job.if this is true why not warn people to stay away from macs

"Thanks for contacting us, sorry to hear about the latency issues you're experiencing.

The latency issue you're experiencing is the result of a safety protocol within MacOS/ OS X itself, to prevent the USB from crashing completely.

Whats happening here is the load being put on the USB port is exceeding what it can handle, so as to prevent the stream from crashing completely, the OS is introducing a buffer of around half a second on the USB port to ease of the load (so that the overall lag you'll experience is about a second between vinyl movement, and the resulting audio output from Serato - as its affecting both incoming and outgoing signal)

Theres no way to fully prevent this from occurring unfortunately, as this is a safety feature within MacOS.

There are some 'triggers' we're aware of that can result in this behaviour, as such we suggest avoiding the following actions (where possible)

unplugging USB devices while a USB audio device is connected (this can also be triggered with firewire, thunderbolt & HDMI)

plugging in / unplugging headphones from the headphone jack on the laptop when a USB audio device is connected

Changing the WIFI &/or bluetooth state from off - on / on - off

Sadly this can also triggered 'randomly' (outside of the above situations) when the load exceeds what the USB ports can handle.

This issue affects all audio software, and we have reproduced this in house with Traktor, Logic Pro X, Garageband and even iTunes. For the majority of Apples users this doesn't cause much of a problem, but for DJs, producers and musicians using software which used realtime audio, this is a big problem, and we are at the mercy of Apple for a resolution. (this issue has been around since Mac OSX 10.8) "
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:38 AM - 4 October, 2018
It's hard to believe that Apple has not given a "solution" to the hardware developers. Probably they don't agree with whatever Apple told them.

I noticed class compliant devices don't have specific issues with the Touchbar Macs.

I've tested the
Rane 72,
Pioneer WeGo 3,
Pioneer DDJ 400 (Rekordboxdj)

Other class complaint devices

Rane TTM57MKII
Denon DJ X1800
Pioneer DDJ SX & SX2 (don't require drivers on mac, but they didn't state explicitly on Pio site that they are class compliant)

Perhaps avoiding non class compliant devices will be the alternative as the hardware manufactures are always playing catch up to Apple's, I also suspect they don't have the man power to develop the drivers especially when they have multiple products.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:39 AM - 4 October, 2018
The Denon DS1 is class complaint.
Dax 1:38 PM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:

thanks for the info Marv,i really dont want to be buying anymore gear but going to try and borrow a DS1 to see if that fixes problem
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:44 PM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

thanks for the info Marv,i really dont want to be buying anymore gear but going to try and borrow a DS1 to see if that fixes problem

Keep us posted on how you get on
Dax 1:46 PM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

well do
Dax 1:50 PM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

well do

will do
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:34 PM - 4 October, 2018
Ouch, personally I have veered off the MacBook Pro path and now use my iMac Pro when I gig and do festivals, carnivals, clubs, and my Las Vegas residency.
Supagee 5:10 AM - 5 October, 2018
Try this:

if your having an issue with new mac pro and touch bar with say SL3 or S9 i found all you have to do is go in to system preferences -> Keyboard and on the "Touch Bar shows" you should select "expanded control strip"
Dax 5:55 AM - 5 October, 2018
Quote:
Try this:

if your having an issue with new mac pro and touch bar with say SL3 or S9 i found all you have to do is go in to system preferences -> Keyboard and on the "Touch Bar shows" you should select "expanded control strip"

thanks for the tip Supagee
Dax 5:56 AM - 5 October, 2018
Quote:
Ouch, personally I have veered off the MacBook Pro path and now use my iMac Pro when I gig and do festivals, carnivals, clubs, and my Las Vegas residency.

isn't that a pain to carry around ?
Dax 2:27 PM - 10 October, 2018
Quote:
Try this:

didnt work for me
Tomomy 2:17 AM - 23 November, 2018
Hi guys, I've experienced similar issues multiple times.
After some time of playing, it suddenly delays by 1 beat, 2-3 secs.
Driver & Firmware update, latency setting didn't work so far. Only re-booting Serato software while playing fixes the issue, but it is very critical for gigs...

- MPB2017, 16GB, High Sierra 10.13.6
- with SL3, driver and firmware are up to date
- USB-C > USB3.0 Cable connected
- Issue seen on a couple of different turntable, CDJ and mixer models

- Issue seen both with Serato & Serato Pro
- Serato Audio latency is set with 3 or below
- No particular action to trigger the issue, it occurred when just playing a track with no scratch or other operations on Serato

I'm starting to suspect SL3 itself, but do you guys know any valid troubleshoot on Serato end?

Regards.
Dax 6:53 AM - 24 November, 2018
Quote:
Driver & Firmware update, latency setting didn't work so far. Only re-booting Serato software while playing fixes the issue, but it is very critical for gigs...

- No particular action to trigger the issue, it occurred when just playing a track with no scratch or other operations on Serato

I'm starting to suspect SL3 itself, but do you guys know any valid troubleshoot on Serato end?

Regards.

I was told to send in my SL3 box to inmusic as box could be faulty,but SSL works fine for me so I borrowed another SL3 box and still had latency problem with SeratoDJ.
I've had no reply from InMusic or Serato support in over a week.
Tomomy 11:00 PM - 25 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Regards.

I was told to send in my SL3 box to inmusic as box could be faulty,but SSL works fine for me so I borrowed another SL3 box and still had latency problem with SeratoDJ.
I've had no reply from InMusic or Serato support in over a week.

Hi Dax thanks for your update. I’m sorry to hear that you still have the problem with another SL3.. hope your box will be returned in better condition.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:30 PM - 26 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

isn't that a pain to carry around ?

Not at all, in fact I don't carry anything and hardly lift a finger. Its on my rider, I show up and everything is ready. I don't "carry around" anything, except my wallet in order to receive funds.
Dax 10:31 AM - 17 December, 2018
i've given trying/waiting for a fix.Serato support and Rane(inmusic) have thrown in the towel and said there's nothing they can do about it.
i've bought myself a Denon ds-1 as its class compliant,i'm still waiting on it to be delivered but will report back once i have it.
Dax 4:50 PM - 19 December, 2018
so after playing with the ds-1 for 5 hours with no latency problems happening, i think its a Rane drive problem as the ds-1 is class compliant.
so I owe a big thanks to DJ Marv the Maverick for pointing that out, nice one fella.

so anyone having latency problems with their Rane boxes I'd say give the DS-1 a go.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:25 PM - 19 December, 2018
Quote:
so after playing with the ds-1 for 5 hours with no latency problems happening, i think its a Rane drive problem as the ds-1 is class compliant.
so I owe a big thanks to DJ Marv the Maverick for pointing that out, nice one fella.

so anyone having latency problems with their Rane boxes I'd say give the DS-1 a go.

Happy to hear you found a working solution.

My own observation was from trial and error btw as there is no official statement from Serato nor it's hardware partners with regards to issues with driver/class compliance.

I don't know how it affects the latency issue but I'm certain it affects the hot unplugging issue with the type C MacBook pros.

I'm guessing the old rane guys went away with the codes to the drivers or the new guys can't work the code. It's been a while since Rane changed hands and it seems pre-InMusic devices are unofficially Legacy products now.
Nick Petino 11:43 PM - 21 December, 2018
Seems like I'm having the issue described below .
ive tried all options and still have issues like this

Quote:
here's the reply i got from support,what it says to me is Macs are not up to the job.if this is true why not warn people to stay away from macs

"Thanks for contacting us, sorry to hear about the latency issues you're experiencing.

The latency issue you're experiencing is the result of a safety protocol within MacOS/ OS X itself, to prevent the USB from crashing completely.

Whats happening here is the load being put on the USB port is exceeding what it can handle, so as to prevent the stream from crashing completely, the OS is introducing a buffer of around half a second on the USB port to ease of the load (so that the overall lag you'll experience is about a second between vinyl movement, and the resulting audio output from Serato - as its affecting both incoming and outgoing signal)

Theres no way to fully prevent this from occurring unfortunately, as this is a safety feature within MacOS.

There are some 'triggers' we're aware of that can result in this behaviour, as such we suggest avoiding the following actions (where possible)

unplugging USB devices while a USB audio device is connected (this can also be triggered with firewire, thunderbolt & HDMI)

plugging in / unplugging headphones from the headphone jack on the laptop when a USB audio device is connected

Sadly this can also triggered 'randomly' (outside of the above situations) when the load exceeds what the USB ports can handle.

This issue affects all audio software, and we have reproduced this in house with Traktor, Logic Pro X, Garageband and even iTunes. For the majority of Apples users this doesn't cause much of a problem, but for DJs, producers and musicians using software which used realtime audio, this is a big problem, and we are at the mercy of Apple for a resolution. (this issue has been around since Mac OSX 10.8) "
Dax 11:36 AM - 22 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Happy to hear you found a working solution.

My own observation was from trial and error btw as there is no official statement from Serato nor it's hardware partners with regards to issues with driver/class compliance.

I don't know how it affects the latency issue but I'm certain it affects the hot unplugging issue with the type C MacBook pros.

I'm guessing the old rane guys went away with the codes to the drivers or the new guys can't work the code. It's been a while since Rane changed hands and it seems pre-InMusic devices are unofficially Legacy products now.

me too mate, i was just about to give up on seratodj

Your observation was bang on, you were more helpful then Serato support and InMusic put together.
the latency issue is now non existent and theres no unplugging issue.

when talking to InMusic I was pushing for them to say SL3 is now a legacy product but I got no response no the subject

thanks again Marv
Dax 11:38 AM - 22 December, 2018
Quote:
Seems like I'm having the issue described below .
ive tried all options and still have issues like this

Quote:

Nick if you're using a Rane box try giving the Denon DS-1 ago ,it fixed my issues
Nick Petino 5:14 PM - 22 December, 2018
I’m using a Denon Mc7000 at the moment, but I have the 72, a pioneer SZ, and getting the same experience
KMXE 9:10 AM - 27 December, 2018
I’m a new Rane 72 user (however I started when SL1 was released then moved to the 57SL) and I noticed the latency after a few hours use.

I have 2 Traktor Kontrol F1 units plugged into a USB hub, into 1 USB port in the 2015 MBP (OS 10.10.5), and then 72 plugged into another USB port.

What I’m noticing right now is that the latency is only on deck 2, deck 1 is fine!
Dax 8:45 AM - 31 January, 2019
i now have a working working DVS
so i had to ditch my SL3(latency problems in SeratoDJ but not in SSL)) for a DS-1(usb class compliant),but the DS-1 had distortion on outputs 1&2(in Serato) was told by InMusic to send it in for costly repair,but after reading others are having the same problem i thought i'd test it some more.so i downloaded a 30 day demo of Rekordbox and nearly everything works.
only thing not working is Thru mode,but i found out i can open Rekordbox and SeratoDJ
at the same time and when i want to play a record i switch to SeratoDJ in Thru mode ,not perfect but it works.
Dunhill421 12:45 AM - 22 February, 2019
Hey guys you've got more help than me, Ive been asking Serato to help me out or give me a call for days now.
I have a 72 with turntables and everything is good until after a while all of a sudden when I place two beats together I have to keep 2 track slightly behind 1 track to be in perfect sync.
I've tried all different buffer settings happens to all of them and until I shut down Serato and restart it does this.

interesting its a computer problem but then you restart Serato and its completely fine.

Im about to return my gear to Sam Ash and be done with Serato.
DjSyndic8 6:13 AM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
Hey guys you've got more help than me, Ive been asking Serato to help me out or give me a call for days now.
I have a 72 with turntables and everything is good until after a while all of a sudden when I place two beats together I have to keep 2 track slightly behind 1 track to be in perfect sync.
I've tried all different buffer settings happens to all of them and until I shut down Serato and restart it does this.

interesting its a computer problem but then you restart Serato and its completely fine.

Ive read your problem in so many threads today, you might want to be patient and wait for serato to respond if you cant fix your issue, it sounds like your laptop could be overheating or you have too many apps running in the background, you need to go through your laptop and shut any apps that are running, or try another usb cable or could be the USB Hub your using or try and optimize your laptop videos here youtu.be
youtu.be you gotta try and fix it on your end instead of sitting around waiting for serato to contact you, serato will take their time and you are not a priority.

also have you opened up a help request? support.serato.com
Dunhill421 3:35 PM - 22 February, 2019
I have done everything you just said.
I’ve tried on two different macs with same result.
I’ve opened two requests for support.
I had to send a message through Facebook messenger to even get a response
DJ Stygma 3:50 PM - 22 February, 2019
Dunhill421 4:42 PM - 22 February, 2019
That’s really interesting but does it apply to 2015 and 2012 macs? I see them only list 2018’s

This is crazy that we even have to deal with this in this day and age.
popnwave 5:09 PM - 22 February, 2019
2012/15 are not part of that issue.
Dunhill421 5:16 PM - 22 February, 2019
Okay cool Thanks
mister_wilson 9:01 PM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:

I am having the same problem. Rane 12s connected to Rane72 mixer. Running SDJ 2.1 with a 2016 MacBook Pro. Left Deck and Right Deck playing the same song and indicating the same bpm on the SDJ deck displays, but the right deck is tracking slower and falling behind the right deck. Let me know if you hear anything from Rane.

Regards

djmisterwilson
DJ Tecniq 9:19 PM - 22 February, 2019
Rane = InMusic. Hope you get your defective units fixed
Dunhill421 9:29 PM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I am having the same problem. Rane 12s connected to Rane72 mixer. Running SDJ 2.1 with a 2016 MacBook Pro. Left Deck and Right Deck playing the same song and indicating the same bpm on the SDJ deck displays, but the right deck is tracking slower and falling behind the right deck. Let me know if you hear anything from Rane.

Regards

djmisterwilson

@djmisterwilson

So I spoke to Rane today and they just went over the specs on my computer and OS and said yeah you should be good to go.

Watchwww.youtube.com

here's the link of what was happening with my twelves and also happens with using DVS

is this what you're experiencing?
Dunhill421 9:33 PM - 22 February, 2019
im glad its not just me. And its not the Twelves.

I thought it was the twelves so I returned them only to find out it still happens with DVS using the Rane 72

Its either SDJ Pro or the Rane 72

if no-one else is experiencing this

Can everyone post what they are using for a setup mixer/cdjs/turntables/twelves/controller
the make and models and if you have ever experienced this before?

I will give this information to Rane and Serato if I ever get them on the phone but for sure email Rane and Serato

I believe its a bigger problem than we know and they need to really look into it
mister_wilson 9:41 PM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
im glad its not just me. And its not the Twelves.

I thought it was the twelves so I returned them only to find out it still happens with DVS using the Rane 72

Its either SDJ Pro or the Rane 72

if no-one else is experiencing this

Can everyone post what they are using for a setup mixer/cdjs/turntables/twelves/controller
the make and models and if you have ever experienced this before?

I will give this information to Rane and Serato if I ever get them on the phone but for sure email Rane and Serato

I believe its a bigger problem than we know and they need to really look into it

I believe my tempo issue is different issue than the latency issue or at least the way it is manifesting on my set up is different. i have had the latency issue and it is not deck dependent. For the latency issue, every action made to decks or tirgger pads has anywhere between 0.5 and 1 second of delay before audio effect is heard.

I believe the issue I am having is different (and not as drastic). Here is a link to a video that I made.

youtu.be

Here is a link to a separate thread I have created. I will report there what is going when I hear back from my help ticket.

serato.com
Dunhill421 1:12 PM - 23 February, 2019
All of a sudden im finding corrupt files in my library that I haven't played in like 10 years
Im analyzing them and removing and or re-encoding ones that do not have structural problems.

Last night after removing a bunch of these files serato was much more stable.. I don't know if its a coincidence or what but im going to scan entire ssd and fix every file and see how serato works after that.
D-Raze the SoulJunkie 5:27 AM - 9 March, 2019
Same issue here with my new MB Pro 13 2018 Touchbar.

I'm gonna experiment with few different USB hubs and update on the progress (from simple single USBC-USBA, to multi port hubs).

As much as would it be nice to just switch to DS-1, don't wanna discard my Rane SL3, still not ready to retire... (spent quite a few bucks on it)
Seegweed 8:18 PM - 9 March, 2019
I have had the same problem as everyone else here. I have a SL3 and a MB pro 15, 2018. Today I bought the Denon DS1. I’ve been testing it for hours with no problem at all. I’ve plugged in and unplugged my iPhone to the laptop and switched on/off the WiFi. Actions that with the SL3 always caused dropouts followed by a latency of 1-2 seconds which only could be fixed by restarting Serato.
I want to mention that I also work a lot with Ableton and a Roland soundcard and I’ve never had a problem with that.
I think it’s quite obvious that there’s a problem with the SL3 and/or the Rane drivers.
Dunhill421 12:44 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
I have had the same problem as everyone else here. I have a SL3 and a MB pro 15, 2018. Today I bought the Denon DS1. I’ve been testing it for hours with no problem at all. I’ve plugged in and unplugged my iPhone to the laptop and switched on/off the WiFi. Actions that with the SL3 always caused dropouts followed by a latency of 1-2 seconds which only could be fixed by restarting Serato.
I want to mention that I also work a lot with Ableton and a Roland soundcard and I’ve never had a problem with that.
I think it’s quite obvious that there’s a problem with the SL3 and/or the Rane drivers.

Agreed. No issues with Pioneer DdjSZ2
I think the engineers at Rane are messing with management. I Music is probably not taking care of them like the original owners since all they care about is quantity not quality.

Again just a theory.
Supagee 4:54 AM - 14 March, 2019
curious if you guys have toggled on the "quantize" button and if you still experience the same thing.
ParisCreative 2:03 PM - 10 April, 2019
Chiming in that this problem is pretty universal with non-Class Compliant devices. After experiencing the issue with my Rane 62. What is interesting is that some people are echoing the issue with the 72's which are Class Compliant, but the experience is sporadic.

I actually was trying to go through a USB-C hub and still experience it, but have since learned that it really has to be a TB3 device so it can create a separate USB2 'channel' to avoid the issue.

Not sure we can really pin this on Rane, or Serato. Lots of audio products out there are experiencing the same issue.

Side note, my NS7iii works just fine, which is Class Compliant.
Dunhill421 2:12 PM - 10 April, 2019
What we can pin on them is their lack to identify and try to come up with a fix. When this happens you can’t perform. A lot of people DJ for a living and street rep word of mouth is how they maintain and grow their business. If your mixes start going off all the time that to me is where you have to draw the line.
BWhight 1:25 PM - 13 May, 2019
Guys,
To add to the list, I have just bought PLX1000's and a Mixars Duo MK2. I too am experiencing the odd pitch drift, even when playing the same track on both decks and sync on to test (with beat grids sorted). I have a recent Dell XPS13 and have run other DJ software on it with zero issues. I have the latest Serato DJ Pro software.
Dunhill421 2:44 PM - 13 May, 2019
Sorry to see this is still an issue. Serato has been putting all of their effort into their studio program instead of addressing current issues in Serato DJ
RICKY-SEKHON 10:18 PM - 23 July, 2019
Has anyone found this fix for this issue? I just purchase an 2019 mbp and this issue still continues!!!!
dj Krazey leo 12:57 AM - 24 July, 2019
Rane 72 here same bpm drift issue. Hopefully it’ll get fixed.
StevenWayne 3:36 AM - 24 July, 2019
following this thread
d3bias 12:37 AM - 29 September, 2019
Fuck Serato this the sixth gig that I have had to work crippled. Why the fuck can’t you guys fix this!!!
trent von 12:55 AM - 6 October, 2019
I have a Rane SixtyOne and have this lagging issue with SeratoDJ.....
I also still have Scratch Live installed on my Mac,

Up till now I was blissfully unaware of this continuing lag problem (because I was using a Pioneer controller and also a SL2 with SeratoDJ) until I gigged with the 61 last night.

Does the problem only exist with SeratoDJ?
If so, does it NOT exist with ScratchLive?
DJTvon

BTW, for those wanting to install ScratchLive into MacOS 10.11, there is a way to do it using the terminal app. Just do a simple forum search for the instructions ;-)
d3bias 3:02 PM - 7 October, 2019
Here is what I have done to work around this issue....

1. Disable all background running apps. For Mac users go into settings and disable any apps that automatically start up.
2. Disable bluetooth and wifi
3. Running Serato with iTunes XML database seems to be an issue. I may rebuild my library outside of iTunes and import directly to Serato.

I have noticed that issue is becomes apparent after 30 mins into a set where if you have bluetooth and or wifi going your going to have issues. Especially if you are using Tidal to stream music. The software does not let go of the cached file and seems to hold onto the streamed file creating a terrible lag. So to work around this I have only turned wifi and Tidal on when I have needed to play a requested song. As soon as I am done I eject the file and turn off wifi and tidal. This only helped a little.
FRANCISCO djmota 7:00 PM - 9 October, 2019
Hola a todos en mi experiencia personal .. Esto ocurre hasta en los equipos retina 2015 desde capitan hacia arriba .. Actualmente tengo un 15 2013 retina desde capitan tuve todos los abandonos antes mencionados por el wifi (rane 62 y sl2). el unico que me dio un poco mejor resultado fue high sierra .. Yoshemite por su parte nunca tuve problemas de ese tipo hice pruebas hasta la ultima version de sep del presente 2.2.3 corriendo videos con mixemergency he instalando el ultimo controlador nvidia (web driver)..
done84 11:12 PM - 28 October, 2019
I have this problem since Serato DJ pro replaced Scratch Live.
If my WIFI is turned ON, in a few seconds the latency becomes huge... I am on an SL3 + MacBook Pro 2015 (It happens with other mac models too)

New versions come with Tydal and Soundcloud, how is one supposed to use those services if I can't turn wifi on.... It's been like 5 or 6 years and this has never been fixed.
d3bias 3:59 PM - 29 October, 2019
Quote:
I have this problem since Serato DJ pro replaced Scratch Live.
If my WIFI is turned ON, in a few seconds the latency becomes huge... I am on an SL3 + MacBook Pro 2015 (It happens with other mac models too)

New versions come with Tydal and Soundcloud, how is one supposed to use those services if I can't turn wifi on.... It's been like 5 or 6 years and this has never been fixed.

Agreed. Would like to know when this is going to be addressed!
popnwave 5:49 PM - 29 October, 2019
Why would you turn it off? That optimization guide was made in the days of Core 2 Duos.

On my 2012 I use wifi for streaming my video sets all the time. Stop messing with crap during a gig and pissing off your machine.
done84 12:19 AM - 30 October, 2019
Quote:
Why would you turn it off? That optimization guide was made in the days of Core 2 Duos.

On my 2012 I use wifi for streaming my video sets all the time. Stop messing with crap during a gig and pissing off your machine.

Who is that reply aimed at tho? Who said they turn it off during a gig?

You're lucky then, enjoy it wile it lasts, when you upgrade your laptop it might stop working like for the rest os us.... both my Macs can't handle WIFI On if it was already on before Serato starts or the SL box is connected makes no difference. If I have other Audio interfaces connected it also makes them glitch...
d3bias 8:49 PM - 21 November, 2019
Agreed!

"Who is that reply aimed at tho? Who said they turn it off during a gig?"

It makes sense to turn off wifi for anyone in this thread who has come across this problem as a possible solution to getting through their gig with out any further latency issues.
Dj Owe 8:59 AM - 29 November, 2019
I’m having this same latency problem but only when plugging in to my S9

After 10-15 mins of jamming it starts to distort crackle and drop latency
It happens 3/10 times on my DJJSX

On club kit in the clubs it’s fine. Thank goodness.

Anyone found a fix for this yet.
SOS
DJ VIICIO 6:18 PM - 18 January, 2020
This is definitely a SDJ problem. Scratch live with my old 2012 beat up MBP I never have any issues. I use a 2015 16gb Ram 2.2 i7 processor MBP with SDJ and I've recently began experiencing issues with deck latency. I'll play and mid set I'll begin having latency issues where the deck experiences a 1-2 second lag which makes me have to revert to using cue points. I've experienced this with turntables and a S9 and with CDJS and a S3. I've also experienced extreme latency issues when connecting to a 62 but only select 62's and I've been told it's because some 62's aren't kept up to date which is why I experience issues with them.
VDJMISTERP 1:30 PM - 15 February, 2020
I have the same issue but when I click on the USB buffer it fixes itself.

Hope that helps someone else here