Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Thank you Serato - this time the update came really fast!

DJ Thomas Hörmann 9:20 PM - 27 September, 2018
I critizised Serato a lot last time when macOS High Sierra came to our macs.
I was really pissed that we had to wait weeks over weeks until Serato officially anounced compatibility of Serato DJ with macOS High Sierra.

This time it did not take even one week until we received a new update with full compatibility with macOS Mojave.

Therefore I want to thank you guys for the fast response to the new macOS release.
popnwave 9:36 PM - 27 September, 2018
Now watch all the users not read the issue they posted about:

support.serato.com
DjSyndic8 2:13 AM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
Now watch all the users not read the issue they posted about:

support.serato.com

lol
hip hop dan 5:03 AM - 28 September, 2018
Yeah I’m super stoked as well! I had some issues with early Mojave betas but everything is running super smoothly now!!
mere 5:14 AM - 28 September, 2018
just installed it on my mac. High Sierra 10.13.6

won't even open.

switching back to the last stable version.
Djkom 7:18 AM - 28 September, 2018
Ok SDJ has never been so quick to support a new MacOS version...but seriously, what is that toyish controller !!!

I mean Serato has nothing more "pro level controller" to announce? any new feature that the community is still waiting for so long ???
Djkom 7:25 AM - 28 September, 2018
IMO, this confirms the speculation : Serato is about to be sold yo inMusic...So they just do the minimum to support their current products and add basic new controllers (which are just copy past of older controllers) for the revenues...
salvo72 10:41 AM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">
IMO, questo conferma la speculazione: Serato sta per essere venduta in Musica ... Quindi fanno solo il minimo per supportare i loro prodotti attuali e aggiungere nuovi controller di base (che sono solo una copia dei vecchi controller) per le entrate ...
</font></font>

In che senso?spigati meglio
dj_soo 1:23 AM - 29 September, 2018
Quote:
IMO, this confirms the speculation : Serato is about to be sold yo inMusic...So they just do the minimum to support their current products and add basic new controllers (which are just copy past of older controllers) for the revenues...

Serato doesn’t make the controllers - the hardware companies do. Hercules wanted serato support for their dj2go competitor and were willing to pay the licensing fees for it.

2.0 came out like 7 months ago - it’s hilarious that people are bitching that they “never update.” You could be using traktor who literally have still not done any major updates in like 3 years outside of color coded tracks - meanwhile discontinuing support for products that are only 3 years old like the S5 and D2.

The sx3 came out in like January, and the Rane 72/Twelves came out in May - that’s not “pro” enough for you?
Djkom 8:42 AM - 29 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Serato doesn’t make the controllers - the hardware companies do. Hercules wanted serato support for their dj2go competitor and were willing to pay the licensing fees for it.

2.0 came out like 7 months ago - it’s hilarious that people are bitching that they “never update.” You could be using traktor who literally have still not done any major updates in like 3 years outside of color coded tracks - meanwhile discontinuing support for products that are only 3 years old like the S5 and D2.

The sx3 came out in like January, and the Rane 72/Twelves came out in May - that’s not “pro” enough for you?

Native Instruments will launch new Traktor 3 in 2 weeks beside the S2 mk3 and the very promising s4 mk3 (haptic drive is crazy) ! And if you read the web, it's just the beginning of something completely new in Traktor products line.

Expect the Rane 72 and 12 for the hardware side, the long awaited off-line mode (competitors have this since the beginning!) for the software side, what SDJ has brought on the table ???
- Ddj sb3 (what a joke 😒), copy past of ddj sb2/rb
- Ddj sx3 (with its bugs-> worldwide recall) copy past of ddj rx
- Hercules blahblah, copy past of numark dj2go...
"Pro" did you say when only 1/4 of products is really pro ???

Do you realize that the main part of Serato revenues comes from Pioneer actually ?
Pioneer which its aggressive offering (ddj 1000, xdj rx2, rekordbox dj, ddj dmx1) trying to build a exclusive full ecosystem !?
Look back the last 7 months how Pioneer has evolved...

Don't you smell something bad for Serato ???
Djkom 8:54 AM - 29 September, 2018
Quote:

Serato doesn’t make the controllers - the hardware companies do. Hercules wanted serato support for their dj2go competitor and were willing to pay the licensing fees for it

Last thing:
Serato directly participates in controller design. They so involved that all controllers are likely the same and the time to market is longer, that's why Pioneer decided to launch their own rekordbox controllers and Denon the prime series (Engine will also have performance mode lately)
DJ Tecniq 1:56 PM - 29 September, 2018
I wouldn’t praise them so much shit was hardly an update. Mainly for new hardware.
popnwave 5:08 PM - 29 September, 2018
Quote:
I wouldn’t praise them so much shit was hardly an update. Mainly for new hardware.

Fixed the M4A bug a lot of PC users were having, the money is in the details, not just what controller they added.
Djkom 6:53 PM - 29 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed the M4A bug a lot of PC users were having, the money is in the details, not just what controller they added.

Fixing bugs afterwards doesn't make money ... it costs a lot !!
DJ Tecniq 8:09 PM - 29 September, 2018
Quote:
That’s good i just don’t care for pc’s I’m so glad i switched to Mac. PCs are just shit and Windows sucks so bad...is Windows 10 ever gonna get an update?
DjSyndic8 3:12 AM - 30 September, 2018
Quote:
Fixing bugs afterwards doesn't make money ... it costs a lot !!

its impossible to stay on top of bugs and issues, these are issues that are not known till after the software is released, and every software has issues till the bugs are ironed out,
DjSyndic8 3:16 AM - 30 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
That’s good i just don’t care for pc’s I’m so glad i switched to Mac. PCs are just shit and Windows sucks so bad...is Windows 10 ever gonna get an update?

I agree... also I think Windows should should team up with Linux and create something amazing I would love to see that, The whole windows coding should be scrapped I can only think of 3 windows operating system that was decent... 95, XP and 7 all other versions was shiiiiite,
DJ Tecniq 5:57 AM - 30 September, 2018
I used to rock Windows XP Home Edition on Scratchlive...shit was butter. Turns out Win 10 is their last operating system. Damn they really kicked the bucket.