DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

QSC K12.2

Deejay Nikol 12:45 PM - 23 September, 2018
So I purchased a set of qsc k12.2. I played at an event last night with these but no sub woofer I was approached twice regarding lowering the bass. Question is how should I setup these speakers. Currently I have it set to—

Dance mode. With no sub selection.

Speaker volume line A at 12:00 on both speakers.
Serato DJ volume at 12:00.
Mixer volume at 12:00.

Anyone have any advice for me or share what works for you at events? Thanks in advance.
deezlee 5:03 PM - 23 September, 2018
lower the bass :)
Deejay Nikol 5:53 PM - 23 September, 2018
Haha. I did.
dj_soo 9:15 PM - 23 September, 2018
Dance mode will give you a bump in the low end. Put it to flat or whatever the default is.
Al Poulin 10:24 PM - 23 September, 2018
Yeah, just reduce the bass a little. Did you have them on stands? I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and the DJ had one on a stand and the other on the floor - likely for improved low end. The system was ok but the bass was annoying as it sounded processed and you coukd hear the woofers struggling at certain points. Certainly didn't sound as clean or natural as actual subs. Upper mids were painful on certain songs as well. Great output for a pair of compact 12s, byt sound quality was just ok, no more, no less.
ABETTERDJ 4:48 AM - 12 March, 2019
Quote:
Anyone have any advice for me or share what works for you at events? Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your purchase of some outstanding speakers.

Great DJ's should always be prepared to adjust their EQ settings as needed per the song playing. I have been burning in 4 brand new pairs of K12.2's for the past 9 days. They sound pretty good out of the box but I've found that if you don't properly adjust the settings the upper mids can be stressful on the ears, the bass can be too high or low depending on the song, and the highs can be piercing on some songs too. Properly adjusted these are some of the best 12's out there. I'm doing my 1st gig with them on Thursday and I am ready to change the settings throughout the night. These speakers can get VERY loud and if the sound isn't shaped properly your have very loud bad sound. Be sure and walk out 20-30 feet in front of your adjustments so you can hear what the client hears.
DJRAM504 8:17 AM - 29 November, 2019
numark dj2go2 can work with qsc 12.2
ABETTERDJ 1:46 PM - 29 November, 2019
I recently added QSC KS112 subs to my main system. Paired with the K112.2s and properly eq'd they sound amazing with very clear bass and a nice thump. I cross over at 80, cut about 20% out of the highs, and set the internal settings at default. Some people recommend setting the tops to the live mode which does increase the punch, but it also makes the highs even brighter. If anybody is in the market for new gear be sure to check IDJNOW, they usually have bundles which give you bags, cables, and stands for the same price as just the speakers. Most sellers will match their offers. I got a $150 padded cover and 2 nice cables with each sub.