Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

reading tags everytime i open my serato dj pro

JenPoy 4:28 AM - 22 September, 2018
problem:
everytime I open my serato dj pro, it reads tag on my files and had to wait more than 10 min so that I can use it. the date of file added always change to the date I open my serato, even I re-analyze the files, it keeps on happening again. Ive been a user of serato dj for more than 5 years and this is the first time that happens when I switch to serato dj pro. any suggestion/help.
Thanks in advance.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:00 AM - 22 September, 2018
Mac or Windows ?

Where is your music ? Internal or External hard drive?
17tr2 12:27 PM - 22 September, 2018
Quote:
[post removed]

** This is some type of scam. Don't give him any personal info. **
JenPoy 10:55 PM - 22 September, 2018
Quote:
Mac or Windows ?

Windows. Internal and external hard drive
any suggestion
thanks
JenPoy 10:56 PM - 22 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Mac or Windows ?

any suggestion
thanks

Quote:
Quote:
Mac or Windows ?

any suggestion
thanks

I saw this on your discussion

DJ Marv the Maverick 12:36 PM - 6 August, 2018
I think i may have gotten to the root of my issues, i had about 200 MP4 files that were associated with videos using Serato Video

The first thing i noticed was that most if not all the files that were given me issues were MP4, there was about 200 of them.

Even after rebuilding database, buying a new SSD they still keep coming up as my most recently added file.

I tried the same MP4 files in Traktor and they worked fine so i knew it had to be a Serato issue.

Whilst trying different things, by some fluke, i removed an MP3 video association and boom the files are all okay now. and all the 200 MP4 given me issues all had mp3 associated with them.

Usually i download Clean MP3 and Dirty MP4 or vice versa, i then associate the mp3 Audio to the MP4 video, so depending on venue and event i can use either for video and audio.

can you help me how you did it? thanks
CHRIS GENIUS MUSIC 10:53 AM - 23 September, 2018
i have the same problem it takes me 20min to load my serato crates i deleted my old crates and redid them from scratch it work wine for some days them back to taking nearly 30min jus to finish reading my crates
CHRIS GENIUS MUSIC 11:01 AM - 23 September, 2018
all my music are stored internal (windows 10)
B'more KaBOOM 6:04 PM - 7 November, 2018
Out of the clear blue, this has started happening to me too. Super frustrating!!!
CHRIS GENIUS MUSIC 6:28 PM - 7 November, 2018
Dude copy your serato folder 📂 to another folder 📂 on your computer somewhere u can find it not the backup then delete the original serato folder everthing even the backup folder 📂. Then open back serato it create a new serato folder then go back to where you copy the first serato folder 📂 open it and copy your subcrate folder into the new serato folder 📂 that's is to add back all your crate now restart your computer and reopened serato and it should be fine all your crate are still there and it will load up much faster than before.
CHRIS GENIUS MUSIC 6:32 PM - 7 November, 2018
Serato tried all how to help me with this issue but was not able to figure out the problems but the problem is some file in your previous serato folder is corrupted and is causing the program to behave like this to so solve this problem i create a new serato folder and copy over my subcrate folder not i don't have that problem anymore in fact my serato load much faster under a mins and I have over ten thousand song in my serato no video though hope this help you