Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Help the new guys

Rydo4601 9:35 PM - 21 September, 2018
Just bought my first mix controller. A cheap Numark Mt pro 3.

I cant figure out why the filter, Bass, mid, and treble dials effect the headphone cue volume. I thought the cue volume would be unaffected by these dials. I thought these controls would only effect the main output.

Is this normal on all controllers or is it because i bought a cheap one?

Please go easy on me, im a noob lol.
Shawn Greenwood 6:01 PM - 25 September, 2018
Normal.
DJ Tecniq 6:59 PM - 25 September, 2018
Normal bud cause if your bass is too loud on the main system how are you going to turn it down in your headphones if it doesn’t apply. We’ve all been there but sometimes you may need lower or higher bass,mids, treb to mix properly in the headphones so it’s good that we can tweak this. A mixer would basically be pointless if we couldn’t control these dials through our headphones right?
Rydo4601 11:15 AM - 26 September, 2018
Good to know pal cheers.

Excuse the noob language here lol.

I like to bring the next tune in and out using the equaliser dials. Which means the up/down fader is turned up and i just bring it in using the eq dials. So obviously before i bring the tune in all the eq dials are turned down. This means in the headphones i cant hear if the beat timing is still in sync.

Am i doing it wrong?

Id imagine there is no real rule to how the next tune is brought in.

Cheers
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:57 PM - 26 September, 2018
The way I cue a track (prelisten) is to have all the EQs at the 12 o clock.

Once the bpm is right I remove head phone and then start working the EQs to smoothing out the transition.

Even if I want to do it the way you described.
Coherence 3:27 PM - 26 September, 2018
Similar to what Marv said above, but I'll generally cut the bass in the cue and set up the track using only the mids and highs, then when I start mixing, I'll bring those mids and highs down to about 10o'clock so I'm just getting some light elements of the incoming track and work it in from there.

This is all kind of personal preference though based on how you want your mixes to sound and what you need in your cue, so experiment and see what works best for your ear.