Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark V7 with the Pioneer DDJ-SR2

Dj Gavin 3:03 PM - 9 September, 2018
Hello everyone, I currently have a Pioneer DDJ-SR2 and I was looking to get a Numark V7 to have on the side of it. I know the DDJ-SR2 has a stand-alone mixer and the Numark V7 connects to my laptop via USB. Do I need the DVS upgrade in order for this to work? Basically, I won’t be using the decks on the SR2, I’ll only be using the mixer part.
DJ Tecniq 1:39 AM - 10 September, 2018
The Numark V7 use control vinyl so you’ll have to get the DVS expansion pack there’s no analog way to use the V7’s they aren’t like t-tables where you can play real vinyl. The V7’s are really old and outdated but i think with the SR2 it should work with DVS.
Logisticalstyles 2:13 AM - 10 September, 2018
Quote:
The Numark V7 use control vinyl

You sure about that?
DJ Tecniq 2:47 AM - 10 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

You sure about that?
Yeah i meant the Numark 7” vinyl lol my bad. They are like discontinued though not sure where you can buy the Numark ones anymore.
DJMIYAGI 3:21 AM - 10 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

No, it's midi like the Rane Twelve and using it with the SR2 would be mean connecting two sound cards to the same computer so it may work or it may not.
DJMIYAGI 3:23 AM - 10 September, 2018
Quote:
Do I need the DVS upgrade in order for this to work? Basically, I won’t be using the decks on the SR2, I’ll only be using the mixer part.

No, the V7 uses midi so if you don't connect the USB of the SR2, all you need to do is hook up the RCAs from the V7 to the SR2.
DJ Tecniq 4:14 AM - 10 September, 2018
But how would he control Serato with the V7’s? How is he going to play them? He would need DVS expansion correct? The v7’s use the software and 7” cv’s?
dj_soo 10:13 AM - 10 September, 2018
Quote:
But how would he control Serato with the V7’s? How is he going to play them? He would need DVS expansion correct? The v7’s use the software and 7” cv’s?

Please stop talking about things you don't actually know the answer to.

The V7s are like the Twelves - except the soundcard and Serato unlocking is built into the device itself.

Unfortunately, due to Serato not liking connecting multiple devices simultaneously, it can be problematic trying to use them as platter controllers while relying on another serato device to do most of the audio processing.

I've heard that some people have had success plugging in the V7s after launching Serato with another device like a Serato mixer connected, but I don't think it's a 100%.
DJMIYAGI 5:11 PM - 10 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, due to Serato not liking connecting multiple devices simultaneously, it can be problematic trying to use them as platter controllers while relying on another serato device to do most of the audio processing.

I've heard that some people have had success plugging in the V7s after launching Serato with another device like a Serato mixer connected, but I don't think it's a 100%.

I've seen certain cases where the 62 and V7s work together but you have to connect a certain way like you said. Gavin however is trying to use just the mixer section of the SR2 and use the V7s as the control surface so he should be fine if he doesn't connect the USB from the SR2 to the computer and only kooks up the RCAs.
DJMIYAGI 5:13 PM - 10 September, 2018
*hooks up the RCAs
dj_soo 10:55 AM - 11 September, 2018
if he's just using the SR2 as a pure mixer, then it should be as simple as just connecting the RCAs to the SR2 - he just won't be able to use any of the midi controls on the SR2.
DJ Tecniq 1:00 PM - 11 September, 2018
Found this for any V7 users. These were pretty dope back then basically a Rane 12 throwback version. Never knew you could link them together that’s pretty neat for how old these are.
youtu.be
Mutis Mayfield 2:30 PM - 11 September, 2018
Old (sic) xD
DJ JulioYEG 5:49 PM - 11 September, 2018
Wouldnt it just be like a hid mode cdj? or would it not detect the sr2 anymore?
siroc5 6:12 PM - 11 September, 2018
I own a pair of Numark v7 love them. I was able to get them going with Akai AMX Pro mixer and the reloop RMX 90 mixer. The order of plugging them in matters as the Numark v7 needs to be plugged in USB wise last. All functionality on both mixer and v7 will work however there is a dominance of the v7 as I couldn't intrenally record (v7 could never record). I had this working on Serato DJ not sure it will work with Serato DJ Pro as i havent tested this out yet (Presently using the reloop 90 rmx with my numark ndx500 in HID mood). I say connect and fine out and test to make sure it is stable.
Mutis Mayfield 1:59 PM - 12 September, 2018
In fact trying to make an aggregated device with both “copycatting” wharever name macOS brings to v7 could make work booth and painless the connecting order. Someone should try it...

Don’t forget to syncronice clocks inside aggregated device manager making the v7 master.
Akem909 2:37 PM - 11 September, 2019
To answer your question yes this will work. I currently have a ddj sx3 and 2 Numark V7s and use them together with no problems. You would first need to connect your dj controller, then connect the v7 LAST! And you should be good. And no YOU DO NOT NEED DVS EXPANSION pack to use them
Akem909 2:43 PM - 11 September, 2019
If you connect just the v7 and use the SR2 as a mixer only you will not be able to use your pads for cue/roll ect. , However if you connect the SR2 FIRST , then V7 LAST you will be able to use both v7 to control the platters and the SR2 pads for cue/roll..hope this helps!