Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ-400 not connecting

Joseph Grand 4:31 PM - 7 September, 2018
Hi all - I have recently purchased the DDJ-400 (to mimic the actual CDJ setup) but am not able to Serato to recognize it when I connected to my laptop.

Any ideas on how to address this? Is it possible to connect DDJ-400 to Serato?
Iffy Ranx 4:51 PM - 7 September, 2018
Hi. The DDJ 400 was made for Rekordbox and doesn’t work with Serato.
popnwave 11:00 PM - 7 September, 2018
Quote:
Hi. The DDJ 400 was made for Rekordbox and doesn’t work with Serato.

^^^ this
dj_soo 12:04 AM - 8 September, 2018
can't use serato with the 400
DjSyndic8 4:07 AM - 8 September, 2018
funny same as going into apple and saying my windows laptop wont run High sierra
Dj Mac.R 3:18 PM - 20 January, 2019
Can use Serato DJ but need MIDI mapping first. Pioneer DJ website providing how to mapping.
Laz219 11:15 PM - 21 January, 2019
I'm often left wondering if people actually research what they're buying at all.... Or just assume everything works with all software.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:17 PM - 21 January, 2019
never underestimate peoples stupidity
DJ Tecniq 11:20 PM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
I'm often left wondering if people actually research what they're buying at all.... Or just assume everything works with all software.
Same like users buying an SX3 thinking it will run on Mountain Lion with a 2009 MacBook Pro🤣
alfy909 6:26 AM - 21 June, 2019
give me a week or two i will be posting a xml with midi mapping for cdj 400 on serato dj pro and serato dj It wont be officially supported but will be working you will still need a serato dj license to use it it will be working like a controller i have most things working at the moment not complet yet i am using it with a akai amx as the mixer haven't had a chance to finish it you can also get most working with out my help by doing the mapping yourself on the midi mode everything but jogs wheels will program remember to set channel on cdj 400's prior to pulgng in usb to do so hold "text mode/utility mode" button use small nobe select midi set each to ch 1 or 2 must be different for each unless you only have one then you are good... jogs can be set up by watching this video Watchwww.youtube.com and replacing the inputs with the one given by the cdj-400 takes a lot of patients but can be done good luck next time research befor you buy
dj kayte 7:03 AM - 21 June, 2019
there is a document on pioneer dj website for midi settings, i have not used but not sure if it can help .

www.pioneerdj.com
alfy909 7:21 AM - 21 June, 2019
Quote:
there is a document on pioneer dj website for midi settings, i have not used but not sure if it can help .

www.pioneerdj.com

kool thnxs hadn't looked for info there yet was using midi monitor to figure out what was what
dj kayte 7:31 AM - 21 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

www.pioneerdj.com

kool thnxs hadn't looked for info there yet was using midi monitor to figure out what was what

thats ok , just thought i would share, i am also waiting on your xml , because i am clueless in how to do this .

thanks